Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't be so sure. Yes he has a big ego, but he also has much more ambitious projects lined up than building EVs. For example his ego can be much better stroked by doing this:

If he put a man on Mars, let alone build a colony, he'd be remembered for the next 1,000 years, regardless of what happens to Tesla.
Whew....so glad he did not say 2 weeks definitely!

Musk has already claimed that 12.3 is mind-blowing and interventions are rare. So we are already at a very high mile per intervention rate and it will now 5x - 10x.
When Elon said interventions are rare, I assumed he was talking about internal testing of 12.4 and/or 12.5. Given the context of his post, it seemed like that's what he was referring to.

I imagine that search would be just as useful as searching for "Musk lies again", you're just going to turn up a bunch of things that agree with the search query.

Use whatever search terms generates useful examples for you to consider.
  • Read the stories
  • Compare content to the headline
  • Read the comments related to the story
  • Consider any facts YOU already know about the topic
  • Form an opinion

OK, so here we're complaining about the headline, which the "reality" part *doesn't even actually contradict* due to the use of weasel-wordy "most".

That is how it works. Watch the video I linked in the DM sent to you about this aspect.
People and organizations profit financially as a result of such stories being published.
Many believe this should be taken into consideration when investing in any company that has volatile stock price movement.

I picked up my new FS Cybertruck today, almost 4.5 years from the preorder. Tesla grin in full effect and it's turning more heads than my 2013 S did when new;)
IMG_9324.jpg

Use whatever search terms generates useful examples for you to consider.
  • Read the stories
  • Compare content to the headline
  • Read the comments related to the story
  • Consider any facts YOU already know about the topic
  • Form an opinion

That is how it works. Watch the video I linked in the DM sent to you about this aspect.
People and organizations profit financially as a result of such stories being published.
Many believe this should be taken into consideration when investing in any company that has volatile stock price movement.
Hi, 2daMoon --

That sounds like a lot of work, which I'm trying to avoid here.

Yours,
RP

• Funny
Reactions: jerry33 and hobbes
Hi, Usain --

Agreed that it's the rate not the starting point that's important now. Note, though, that Musk could be wrong about the rate of 12.4 without lying, in the same way he's been wrong about other things without lying.

Yours,
RP
I’m kind of of that mind as well. I doubt Elon deliberately lies. He is overly optimistic and wrong…a lot. I used to be more of a fan. Not so much anymore. I struggle with balancing his past contributions to the company to the obvious damage he is doing to its image now. And is it really damage…or maybe he is still making the right decisions in a difficult times. At my knowledge level I just don’t know.

I know the EV Facebook groups here where people often ask about which EV to buy often stipulate that it can’t be a tesla because they refuse to support musk. That is sad to see. I’m not sure what the PR fix is for this. But I believe it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

We are holding long term with our remaining few shares and supported the boards recommendations across the board. I would and will buy another tesla in a heartbeat although if we end up needing a truck next year we would consider a lightning because of availability.

I hope Elon figures it all out. We are going to take a little break from the board for awhile. Wishing everyone safe travels and good tesla days.

👍👍

Wait!!!! Other automakers are laying off workers in China too?

• Funny
Reactions: tslagreen
Voted my 7000+ shares for Elon's pay (again). Please be sure to vote everyone. I did not recieve any emails or notifications for this vote from Fidelity (unlike all past votes).

Recently took a FSD trip from SF bay area to tahoe/carson city nv. 220+ miles each way. 1 intervention on 12.3.6 each way. FSD Still doesnt really understand parking lots so I parked to charge. Whole month of FSD free trial all trips to work and back intervention free, except for 1 (and parking.)

FSD has some annoying quirks (stopping 5-6ft behind stop bar and then creeping out for ex) but the basics are nearly all there. Seems like mostly fine tuning at this point.

Been invested since 2011. FSD might be most mind blowing thing Ive seen from Tesla in this decade plus crazy journey.

Swiss here: I could vote my shares without any problem via my bank (middle size Private Bank), just send them my vote instructions on the 12 points on the agenda. If interested on more info, just PM me. and btw, I voted according to the recommendations of the board, yes I want EM to be compensated.
I'm glad you were able to vote. I assume your bank offers this service explicitly. My bank (Postfinance) unfortunately does not offer this service according to their direct message to me, or they use a weak excuse. I would therefore still be very interested to know if anyone has been able to vote with Postfinance. Either way, I will be moving my shares to IBKR in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Voted my 7000+ shares for Elon's pay (again). Please be sure to vote everyone. I did not recieve any emails or notifications for this vote from Fidelity (unlike all past votes).

Recently took a FSD trip from SF bay area to tahoe/carson city nv. 220+ miles each way. 1 intervention on 12.3.6 each way. FSD Still doesnt really understand parking lots so I parked to charge. Whole month of FSD free trial all trips to work and back intervention free, except for 1 (and parking.)

FSD has some annoying quirks (stopping 5-6ft behind stop bar and then creeping out for ex) but the basics are nearly all there. Seems like mostly fine tuning at this point.

Been invested since 2011. FSD might be most mind blowing thing Ive seen from Tesla in this decade plus crazy journey.
Thanks for chiming in.

As an EU investor it is really hard to get a grip on how FSD 12.3.x is performing since the comments online (TMC or elsewhere) are all over the place.

And then Elon comes on the earnings call being a tease: "any Tesla investor should try FSD v12, or else you cannot understand". Gee wiz, I want to, but I've got to scour the web for FSD videos like a junkie looking for a fix.

So yeah, the views of regular drivers (not influencers) are valuable for those TSLA investors without the opportunity to experience "U.S.A. FSD" first hand.

"Baidu’s General Manager for the autonomous driving department, Xu Baoqiang, told Shanghai Securities News that the auto company would consider potential collaboration opportunities with Tesla. Baidu might use specific Tesla applications in China."

I'm glad you were able to vote. I assume your bank offers this service explicitly. My bank (Postfinance) unfortunately does not offer this service according to their direct message to me, or they use a weak excuse. I would therefore still be very interested to know if anyone has been able to vote with Postfinance. Either way, I will be moving my shares to IBKR in the next few weeks.
Idem. I'm unable to vote my ~10K shares held at BoursoBank (#1 broker in France) but I did vote ~5K at IBKR. I did get the proxy materials every year before from BoursoBank (since ~2012…).

I'd prefer not to transfer all my shares to IBKR because doing taxes for accounts held abroad is a real PIA. And I like the liquidity of shares held by a bank (it takes 2-3 days to have acces to the cash after a stock sale, and 3-4 more to transfer it to a bank account).

My broker says Tesla is at fault but Tesla does not respond to any emails sent to their official contact for this general meeting: Contacts - Tesla. Did Elon fire the IR staff too?