Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My biggest issue is that it looks like to me that Tesla didnt better prepare for 2024 in 2023. From losing IRA tax credits on the Model 3, to the delay in launching the Model 3 Highland in USA. To not shifting production around at facilities to better make use of them. Amazes me that Fremont is still so much ahead of Texas. Honestly I cant imagine that the Model NG shouldnt be 100% designed already. Why wasnt production facility in Texas being built already. Why is Semi still not really launched. Seems like someone was pre-occupied. Tesla should be absolutely killing the other manufacturers with the competitive advantage they have in the USA and I mean much more than they were a year ago.
Exactly, I agree 100%. The execution could have been way better.

My biggest issue is that it looks like to me that Tesla didnt better prepare for 2024 in 2023. From losing IRA tax credits on the Model 3, to the delay in launching the Model 3 Highland in USA. To not shifting production around at facilities to better make use of them. Amazes me that Fremont is still so much ahead of Texas. Honestly I cant imagine that the Model NG shouldnt be 100% designed already. Why wasnt production facility in Texas being built already. Why is Semi still not really launched. Seems like someone was pre-occupied. Tesla should be absolutely killing the other manufacturers with the competitive advantage they have in the USA and I mean much more than they were a year ago.

I find extremely arrogant to think that any of us, that has no insight on the internal operations knows better than Tesla on what to do, which has proven time and time again that they have A+ class people on the most diverse areas planning the next steps

Its almost like something happened globally that threw the entire manufacturing industry into chaos since the cybertruck was unveiled. Maybe there was a pandemic?
We all were suckered into Cybertruck coming sooner. There was no factory and cant say that Gigafactory being built was slowed by pandemic. There was no other place to build it and we ignored that.

Amusingly Tesla now has enough cash that it could buy Rivian and Lucid and do a $5bn stock buyback AND still have$4billion in spare cash.

Did anybody else notice that the number of diluted TSLA shares decreased sequentially for the first time in Q4? Is that a buyback, or perhaps a artifact of the BoD courtcase decision requiring them to return share grants?