Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pilot production, yes. Final mass production line, no. That will be at Giga Nevada, being built now.
How many actually built? To me until a few different customers are using them it isnt pilot production it is partner prototype production. At least my son is going to work for Pepsi/Frito Lay and he may actually see one. Looks like Giga Nevada new facility is a year away at best.

How many actually built? To me until a few different customers are using them it isnt pilot production it is partner prototype production. At least my son is going to work for Pepsi/Frito Lay and he may actually see one. Looks like Giga Nevada new facility is a year away at best.

Numbers we've heard is that Tesla has over 100 on their own internal fleet and a few 10's at Pepsi and Frito Lay

~100, all Pepsi/Frito Lay I believe and I agree with you as it seems there isn't even a trickle of pilot vehicles coming out.

I'd be very interested and much happier to hear about incremental improvements they are making, which I assume they are.

Hasn't FSD been the "positive outlook for the next years" for multiple years now?
The rate of improvement was "there" but it was headed to a dead end. With Dojo and AI and all the data Tesla the switch will be literally flipped. One day it'll be dark. The next day there will be no dark. It will still take months for the Public to actually recognize it. But the real Brainiacs that know FSD and have stock will get their people into the stock in a very big way.
FSD isn't like a new vehicle. It will be so huge that those that do it won't be able to keep it from leaking.
Look for clues it leaked. You won't hear it till it is too late.

Sure sounded like they said based on current reservation conversion rate all CT existing orders filled in 2024--- which with Elon then saying maybe 250k annual production once ramped suggests a conversion rate of what less than 15% on 2 million pre-orders?

EDIT- sounds like the answer was talking about just "2024 production" being sold out-- while the question was about filling all pre-orders--- so answer and question disconnected caused the confusion.

Last edited:
Did anybody else notice that the number of diluted TSLA shares decreased sequentially for the first time in Q4? Is that a buyback, or perhaps a artifact of the BoD courtcase decision requiring them to return share grants?
Tesla cut back on employee stock compensation. Guessing options aged out and weren't replaced.

And we finally get confirmation that Texas did produce 4680 Gen 1 cells, different what others, and myself included though that they went straight for Gen 2
Weird people thought that since Drew called out upgrading Line 1 on the Q3 call.
4680 cell production in Texas increased 40% quarter over quarter. Congrats to the Texas team for producing their 20 millionth cell off of line one. Texas is now our primary 4680 facility. We're heavily focused on quality. Scrap is down 40% quarter over quarter. With the increased volume and yield improvements, cell costs consistently improved month over month within the quarter, although we have a lot more work to do to achieve our steady-state goals. And that is our priority. The Cybertruck cell with 10% higher energy than our Model Y cell started production on Line 2 in Texas. This quarter, we convert to building 100% Cybertruck cells to simplify and focus the factory as we ramp all four lines in Phase 1 over the next three quarters. Phase 2 of the Texas 4680 facility is currently under construction. The additional four lines incorporate further capital efficiencies over Phase 1, and our target is for them to start producing in late 2024.

Sure sounded like they said based on current reservation conversion rate all CT orders filled in 2024--- which with Elon then saying maybe 250k annual production once ramped suggests a conversion rate of what less than 15% on 2 million pre-orders?
Almost, not quite all.

Sounds like it will only be Foundation Series this year.

I think you heard that wrong. I think they may reach the limit of what they can make this year soon, which was predicted to be between 30-50k.

Sure sounded like they said based on current reservation conversion rate all CT existing orders filled in 2024--- which with Elon then saying maybe 250k annual production once ramped suggests a conversion rate of what less than 15% on 2 million pre-orders?

Hard to hear, but I understood that they already closed orders for 2024 forecasted production, meaning that someone being invited to configure today will only get their Cybertruck in 2025

Did I hear wrong?

They said they will have 2024 production sold out soon. Thst means converted reservations at Foundation prices.