Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have listened to both the "debates" Rob has had. I have one very helpful suggestion. Limit the debate to one dimension. Either one of the subjects within the Financial Report. Or Manufacturing/Delivery Markets.
Someone watching that hour long "debate" that was not knowledgeable about Tesla before the debated started still has no clue about what Tesla even does.
Set a question like a real debate. make it a manageable question.
"Will Tesla be profitable in 2021?"
"Is tesla supply constrained?"
One I'd love to see that isn't bear vs bull....
Should Tesla be in the S&P 500?

The thing I have to weigh is whether or not others will believe Gordon's view. My thesis is unchanged, but the bear thesis is believable if you try to look at Tesla as having "No technological edge", and "losing money fast" when the credits run dry. All very speculative and crazy, but what do people believe?

I will point out that we no longer hear about Tesla Fires as part of the FUD. I (we) went years on TMC hearing nothing but fear of Tesla's burning. Rhetorically, why is that no longer an argument? Simply that there are others trying to compete in the EV space so it would only hurt the adoption of the competitors - story has vanished (especially when that Tycan burned in the garage just sitting there).

IMO, the other arguments were equally weak. (And we all know who I meant by "argument.") He actually said if someone used FSD with him in the car, he'd ask to "stop the car and get out onto the freeway." That's safety data at it's finest! I can't wait to see Gordon's data.

The thing I have to weigh is whether or not others will believe Gordon's view. My thesis is unchanged, but the bear thesis is believable if you try to look at Tesla as having "No technological edge", and "losing money fast" when the credits run dry. All very speculative and crazy, but what do people believe?

I will point out that we no longer hear about Tesla Fires as part of the FUD. I (we) went years on TMC hearing nothing but fear of Tesla's burning. Rhetorically, why is that no longer an argument? Simply that there are others trying to compete in the EV space so it would only hurt the adoption of the competitors - story has vanished (especially when that Tycan burned in the garage just sitting there).

IMO, the other arguments were equally weak. (And we all know who I meant by "argument.") He actually said if someone used FSD with him in the car, he'd ask to "stop the car and get out onto the freeway." That's safety data at it's finest! I can't wait to see Gordon's data.

If you want to see people routinely call Teslas burning coffins and people who buy them deserving of incendiary death, mosey on over to Zero Hedge. Or don't. Trust me though, still out there. At least the slightly smarter bears have dropped that nonsense.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Strong August Deliveries in Germany
Not sure if this was posted yet. Deliveries in Germany were 2,846 vehicles for August. Bullish IMO!
View attachment 584009

Tesla Europe Registration Stats

Wow, hadn´t even seen this entry myself. This is the highest monthly delivery number for Tesla in Germany ever! (EDIT: And it is only the second month of the quarter) Bodes very well for September...

That helps my mood a lot on a day with a big drop like this :).

Last edited:
Pardon if this company profile already shared. SSB company with JB on the board.......Electric vehicles are here, the future is solid - QuantumScape

EDIT: Since my original post the company behind this...KCAC...is rocketing up.....This SSB start up may have some legitimacy. I urge Tesla/TSLA investors to at least give it more than a cursory look.

Hey, thanks for the "heads up"! I bought a nice amount as soon as I saw this post this morning (at $16.31). I only did 5 minutes of "research" and pulled the trigger. I figured if JB Straubel was on the BoD it must be legit! It really shot up at the end of the day there!

They call their battery tech "solid state". I hope Karen still respects me!

Don't be surprised if they pull the old trick of capping any rise in Tesla while the macros recover in the 2nd half of the trading day ;)
Oh, I fully expect that too! But innovation announcements keep winning the day. Existing metrics can't comprehend what's happening through the EV transition. Tesla's mucking it all up :)

I think @Artful Dodger was the one saying this $5B cap raise could be used to pay off debt for a Double Play, with the 2nd part being an agreement to include Tesla in S&P by giving them some liquidity to buy in - serves both goals. Reduced debt helps Tesla argue profitability which is the bear thesis of the day.

Don't get me wrong, I was not holding my breath (or betting) for S&P, and I doubted it by exactly 20% from the beginning. But now I think it's looking more like 95% likely, and before the runup for Battery Day.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
If you want to see people routinely call Teslas burning coffins and people who buy them deserving of incendiary death, mosey on over to Zero Hedge. Or don't. Trust me though, still out there. At least the slightly smarter bears have dropped that nonsense.
And there are some that think earth is flat. They will always be there as long as our education system is deeply flawed.

Apple down 8%, Tesla down 9%. Not bad, not bad at all.

That's like saying AAPL smells like fart, TSLA smells like poop...good, TSLA only smells a little worse than AAPL.

In the end, it's unpleasant to smell like either. Especially if you hold both, in which you smell like poopy-farts.

This too shall pass someday. No pain, no gain. Since we're enduring more pain, I'm expecting more gain.

This mature stock explanation has been sponsored by Gordon Johnson.

Pardon if this company profile already shared. SSB company with JB on the board.......Electric vehicles are here, the future is solid - QuantumScape

EDIT: Since my original post the company behind this...KCAC...is rocketing up.....This SSB start up may have some legitimacy. I urge Tesla/TSLA investors to at least give it more than a cursory look.
Thanks for this post... I bought some KCAC at $15.20 this morning... closed at $18.74! :) Planning to hodl long term.

That was just about the only bright spot in my portfolio today, except for a few covered calls.

Pushdown complete! Time for inclusion @ ~$2k pre-split. $407 up to what by next week.... the $531 we saw pre-market the other day? Typical recent TSLA logic tells us that it should go even higher.

Gonna be wild!

I really hope your middle name is Nostradamus. Bartholomew Nostradamus TalkingMuleyFace.

Looking at the market, think the big guns are just inducing a little volatility while pocketing retail investor's money on the back of a stock split. They will be back buying the dip that they created as there's no where else to put their money. Guess this is how hedge funds will generate returns while the market is hot.

Reactions: MikeC and saniflash
YEP!
If everyone would just go back to the very beginning of the video before anything gets started and just look at both their faces.
Mauer is round-eyed, relaxed, prepping. Gordon is already a wreck. He has so much "Cognitive dissonance" going on behind those glasses. He's trying to supress all the facts that do not support his statements (Note I am not calling them his believes because he does not believe what he has been paid to propose.) he's caught. He has the harder job. He has to present untruths as being truthful even though he knows they are not. That is difficult to do.
I think he put forth an admirable effort. A textbook professional attempt! Kudos Gordo! Your employer should be pleased.
Like V.I.K.I. from I Robot, Johnson's logic is undeniable....unprofessional....unbelievable....uninterruptible....