Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The term secondary offering originally referred to a major shareholder selling a large amount of already existing shares. New shares issued by an already public company are referred to as a subsequent or follow-on offering. In recent years, there has grown a tendency to refer to both quite different types of offerings as secondary. That can be confusing, so I avoid using the term secondary offering unless in regard to its original meaning.

Good to know Curt ;).

I think we can officially retire "Secondary" now

If Tesla does NOT do a secondary to appease S&P(and they absolutely shouldn't do the S&P any favors IMO), then the mention of any of the following words should be a bannable offense here - Secondary, Dilution, Offering, Cash Raise.....people feel free to add more terms for a secondary you can think of o_O

I'm so sick of speculation on Tesla doing a secondary. Just back at 900 people here were convinced Tesla was going to do a offering when there was the double analyst downgrades on the same day and also because the stock had stayed around 900 for an extended time. I have yet to see any viable reason for Tesla to raise cash having 8.6 billion on hand....plus they just added 800 million in cash from the lease bond offering.

Can I vote for ‘off with their heads’? I really think that should be an option button.

• Funny
Reactions: 2virgule5
Can I vote for ‘off with their heads’? I really think that should be an option button.
tenor.gif

I believe this is one of the problems. There are a lot of people who purchase a Tesla thinking that it's a panacea rather than a car. Cars have issues; panaceas are not supposed to have issues. Because of this thinking, Tesla is looked at under a microscope compared to other cars. Of course, because the magazines get their profits from advertising, they have no reason to say good about Tesla and tick off their advertisers--just like CNBC vs. TSLA.

Do you really believe people think it will be a panacea? Is that what you took from my comment? the point was to illustrate there are things Tesla does well, and things that need to be improved. We joined this forum around the same time. Do you think I thought my car would be perfect?

Tesla is not looked at under a microscope by many. People compare cars. That's what enthusiasts do, and that is usually what people car shopping do.

Yes magazines get profits from oil, but there has been a major shift over the years, where most mags are EV neutral. (pun intended).
Here is a column from Car and Driver recently from a senior editor, and arguably one of the most popular car reviewers/columnist alive. He also announced his model 3 reservation a couple years back in the magazine.

I Want An Electric Chevy Camaro IROC

Reactions: UncaNed
Do you really believe people think it will be a panacea? Is that what you took from my comment? the point was to illustrate there are things Tesla does well, and things that need to be improved. We joined this forum around the same time. Do you think I thought my car would be perfect?
I doubt you thought that, neither did I (although the S came pretty close. Don't have enough time in the X yet but so far so good). But I do believe a lot of folks think it is one. Panacea thinking was also common in the Prius community years ago.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Everyone going up after earnings why MM always picking on tesla :mad:

I don't think this matters since I do believe the result will be the same, but to be fair, TSLA was up quite a bit after releasing it's earnings as well. TSLA continued to be up through the after hours session; it wasn't until the next day that things really turned around for TSLA share price. Again, I don't think it actually matters, though -- I do believe the tech stocks that reported positive earnings today will remain positive through tomorrow.

PRK was added yesterday to the small cap 600 index and was not part of any other index prior to that. It moved a little over 24% today.
It announced a big earnings beat after hours on the 27th, and the stock price barely moved (well, 3% or so up) on 28th/29th. This tells us two things:
1. the movement was because of the index admission
2. fun times are ahead.

Tesla is not looked at under a microscope by many. People compare cars. That's what enthusiasts do, and that is usually what people car shopping do.

Yes magazines get profits from oil, but there has been a major shift over the years, where most mags are EV neutral. (pun intended).
Here is a column from Car and Driver recently from a senior editor, and arguably one of the most popular car reviewers/columnist alive. He also announced his model 3 reservation a couple years back in the magazine.

I Want An Electric Chevy Camaro IROC

That’s what SOME people do. The argument is how many is some. I contend some is not that many. Certainly people who hang out at car forums would likely be part of that some. Those with subscriptions to car mags would be some of the some. Most people in the world who need to buy cars, don’t emulate us over here on the car forum.

I heart cars. My father was a Class A licensed diesel mechanic. I was helping with oil changes by the time I was five. Not once did he, did I, did my spouse, nor the people in our circle ever measure panel gaps on a car. :rolleyes: Interestingly enough, our concerns were always practical; how does it run? is it reliable?

Perhaps I don’t come from or run in a high enough hoity toity circle to appreciate the getting there in style, where everyone pulls out a micrometer. Seems pretentious to me, but I understand such things matter to SOME. It doesn’t matter to the largest car segments of the market, in which Tesla does not yet sell.

This is not to say Tesla shouldn’t continue to improve in areas they can, but my God anybody getting shipwrecked on my island breathes a word about panel gaps, I will go Texas on them and shoot first, ask questions later.

The earnings reports this afternoon from the tera-caps are stunning. Bezos, Pichai, Cook and Zuckerberg were probably fortunate they testified before today.

Maybe the COVID economy should be known as the Grand Slam Winners vs. Losers economy. We here are fortunate to be invested in one of the big winners. Maybe even the biggest winner.

But I'm also concerned about how many folks will remain distressed for the long term as their companies and industries shrink or dissolve in the aftermath of this pandemic.