Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not trade my X for anything currently, but that does not mean its perfect.
I believe this is one of the problems. There are a lot of people who purchase a Tesla thinking that it's a panacea rather than a car. Cars have issues; panaceas are not supposed to have issues. Because of this thinking, Tesla is looked at under a microscope compared to other cars. Of course, because the magazines get their profits from advertising, they have no reason to say good about Tesla and tick off their advertisers--just like CNBC vs. TSLA.

This is what I expected but I'm still relieved that FB/AMZN/GOOG reported well. If it hadn't gone that way I worried the market would panic.
If Tesla does NOT do a secondary to appease S&P(and they absolutely shouldn't do the S&P any favors IMO), then the mention of any of the following words should be a bannable offense here - Secondary, Dilution, Offering, Cash Raise.....people feel free to add more terms for a secondary you can think of o_O

I'm so sick of speculation on Tesla doing a secondary. Just back at 900 people here were convinced Tesla was going to do a offering when there was the double analyst downgrades on the same day and also because the stock had stayed around 900 for an extended time. I have yet to see any viable reason for Tesla to raise cash having 8.6 billion on hand....plus they just added 800 million in cash from the lease bond offering.
Can we add panel gaps and advertising to that list?

Tech earnings off to a good start this afternoon. AMZN and FB both a beat.

EeMyAzUX0AcceQP

EeMzDEPXYAAMRo-
Correction: Big Tech earnings started 8 days ago in the AH of 7/22 :D

Last edited:
If Tesla does NOT do a secondary to appease S&P(and they absolutely shouldn't do the S&P any favors IMO), then the mention of any of the following words should be a bannable offense here - Secondary, Dilution, Offering, Cash Raise.....people feel free to add more terms for a secondary you can think of o_O

I'm so sick of speculation on Tesla doing a secondary. Just back at 900 people here were convinced Tesla was going to do a offering when there was the double analyst downgrades on the same day and also because the stock had stayed around 900 for an extended time. I have yet to see any viable reason for Tesla to raise cash having 8.6 billion on hand....plus they just added 800 million in cash from the lease bond offering.

The term secondary offering originally referred to a major shareholder selling a large number of already existing shares. New shares issued by an already public company are referred to as a subsequent or follow-on offering. In recent years, there has grown a tendency to refer to both quite different types of offerings as secondary. That can be confusing, so I avoid using the term secondary offering unless in regard to its original meaning.

Last edited: