Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7 Things:
  1. Cybertruck orders open in China
  2. 2nd Factory in China confirmed
  3. Elon in Tusla = Semi location?
  4. GF4 Berlin plans accelerated
  5. GA5 Fremont Model Y
  6. Short shorts sell out
  7. Profit
Cheers!

I will add Tesla becoming a distributed energy provider in the EU using their Auto-bidder software platform that could out-grow their automobile revenues.

While this might seem like old news to those of us who follow TSLA closely, for every one of us there are 100 people who haven't even heard of this.

What color roadster should I order? (ok, I'm not quite there but I can see the end of the tunnel)
It's not so much that people are buying, it's that NO ONE is selling. TSLA has moved into full-on FOMO mode and even the institutional investors are now forced to scramble.

Lord, could you imagine if they're not? What if all these funds that need to buy on S&P inclusion haven't been and still aren't buying this past month or two.......

SP isn't anywhere near rational, but I'm starting to become a believer in the $2k/$3k nonsense going on here. That in itself is a terrible sign......or is it!?!?!??
I keep asking myself that question to. Is this share price rational? I'm not sure but I do think Tesla has reached escape velocity. Self funding, profitable, and an unassailable lead over the competition. We haven't even seen what comes next in terms of battery day and whatever other tricks Elon has up his sleeve. I'm especially interested in the autopilot re-write. As is they are ahead of the competition, but a full re-write is very exciting.
I will add Tesla becoming a distributed energy provider in the EU using their Auto-bidder software platform that could out-grow their automobile revenues.

While this might seem like old news to those of us who follow TSLA closely, for every one of us there are 100 people who haven't even heard of this.
I don't think auto-bidder is getting enough attention, even amongst us bulls. Energy is obviously a huge market, and this will essentially be software level margins.

I'm afraid I legit don't know what this image shows.

Green is people who placed orders for that are currently under the current SP, and thus support, and red are people who have sells placed above it? Is that right?

And lol, 1404, share not found.

Which is why I will probably place a minor short on Nikola. I'm not much of one to short companies but the whole thing seems sketchy. The CEO comes across really poorly too.
OT FYI: The latest daily alert from ETrade on my NKLA short:

The borrow rate for a hard-to-borrow security in your account below is above 25%.

Security:
NKLA
New borrow rate: 646.25%

NKLA is down $16+ since I shorted it at 70, but I'm not sure if I'm making any money :confused: Still holding short.

While this might seem like old news to those of us who follow TSLA closely, for every one of us there are 100.000 people who haven't even heard of this.

Fixed it for you

This is IMPORTANT. In the past, shortzes have taken advantage of low volume trading the week following the July 4th Holiday to walk down the SP.

Now, it looks like Summer holidays won't be a party at the Beach, it'll be party on the Street! :D

Party on the patio.

Remember..............Covid. ;)

Logical, reasonable thinking and "gut" feelings are equally ineffective in making money in the market.
3 weeks ago I KNEW oil was gonna plummet. How could it not when all the fundamentals say so? Here I am still waiting.....

The idea any of us TSLA investors are out looking for logic is kinda silly considering the nonsense we've witnessed over the years.

Reactions: gene and KnowLittle
gordie.png
:D:D:D:p:eek::D

My thoughts on Auto PIlot after purchasing on June 30th to support Tesla. After several hour long trips, AP is incredible and has paid for itself already. Very fluid motion, the auto steer function works great. Overall much better than I expected. I love driving and thought that I would only use AP on the highway, however I find myself using AP from the get go due to its enhanced safety features for my family. A pure marvel.

I agree - It's stunningly good. Just remember to to not take it for granted and that it's still being tweaked and improved (in addition to having sweeping new capabilities added). This means you still need to watch it every moment, particularly in situations that could challenge it. That said, it does allow you to see more of the scenery as you monitor it.

Obvious now that I was not so much supporting Tesla, as Tesla is supporting me.

Funny, but it's true!

The world is still full of people who don't understand just how much Tesla is improving lives and changing the world for the better. Change is naturally slow when viewed through the eyes of an individual human but the change Tesla is introducing is blazingly fast when viewed through the eyes of all of humanity! I cannot think of a single company that can create faster change than Tesla.

Even those that have heard of it, and those here who get it to some degree, don't really understand the immensity of the market they're addressing.

I've been eyeballing solar in Germany since around 2009 when it really started to take off. As soon as it hit 4% of total electricity supply, every major utility in the country went bankrupt. Literally. They all split into production and services units, then the services units exited bankruptcy solvent and useful grid operators. That's essentially Tesla's role, and the addressable marketplace is the entire globe.

Kind of a big market.

It's hard for investors to see here in the US because we're so corrupt utilities simply call in their legislative goons when a threat appears. But that only last so long, and I truly think we're seeing the end of it. Folks like Warren Buffett who rely on steady utility returns will find themselves upended by things like aggregated residential/commercial solar, community solar+storage, and Tesla's standalone grid storage offerings.

NVEnergy out in Nevada thinks they're gonna transition from coal and gas to centralized solar and still make money. They're mistaken. Production profits are over, it's all about services now.

It’s like 51 in total in all countries, at least if you filter for low milage:
TeslaScout
That plays right into what I was going to post....
ya know.....?
Nothing speaks as loud for an increase in delivery numbers for Q3 as does the FIVE RORO ships tesla has coming to the port right now.
(I did get that right? FIVE? I seemed to have read it somewhere over the week end). To me that tells me that Europe has a strong demand for the big "T".
But if I woke up early this morning prepared to buy TSLA when the market opened..well I am not savvy enough to be able to bite the bullet of believing I could maybe get the stock below $1200/share, and seeing it open near $1300/share. So small time buyers like me aren't the source of this buying. Can someone do a check of the Robinhood buyers this AM, and prove me wrong or right?
If I am right then this is either a squueze or the Index funds pre-buying.

Reactions: ABCTG
Insane how quickly this paid off. Cautiously optimistic for how tsla moves going into Q2 earnings.

Ordered a Cybertruck with this gain. Now hoping it can buy me a bigger garage
I am in your boat.... I bought some TSLA just to see if I could work it towards buying a CYBER. By my reckoning I figured TSLA could grow for 3 years before the truck could be purchased. AND I was trying to decide which configuration would be the most prudent choice...
Now I just think I'll get the one with everything.
(NOTE: I also figured if Tesla started failing and the stock never gained I'd just not ever buy the CYBER and figure out something else. So TSLA is a life changer.)

I will add Tesla becoming a distributed energy provider in the EU
Yeah, that was a 'throwback' to Elon's July 4th tweet. Could also say:
  1. I Love Cybertruck
  2. I'm Proud of China/GF3
  3. I'm Sorry Tulsa won't get GF5
  4. I Forgive all German Battery Makers
  5. I'm Listening to GA5 and it goes Y-CHING!
  6. Shorting TSLA has failed every time it was tried
  7. Profit
Cheers!

Last edited: