Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, 1600 weekly calls options are now selling for more than last weeks 1200 weekly call options. If @ggr is still going long weekly, he's having another amazing week. I have a small covered call position at 1600 this week and a little anxious. I may sell 1700 calls if we go up more. I recommend limiting covered calls and writing well out of the money, unless you are taking some profit out to buy a new Model Y!

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
MMD?
upload_2020-7-6_8-24-37.png

OT FYI: The latest daily alert from ETrade on my NKLA short:

The borrow rate for a hard-to-borrow security in your account below is above 25%.

Security:
NKLA
New borrow rate: 646.25%

NKLA is down $16+ since I shorted it at 70, but I'm not sure if I'm making any money :confused: Still holding short.
You are lucky. I was trying last week but TD did not have shares for me to borrow.

When to sell is way harder than when to buy, IMO.

My limited experience with LEAPS is that I've always sold too soon.

I also don't know whether ITM are better than OTM - for instance, my June 2022 $1250's, are now ITM, should I just leave them be, or should I sell them and buy something else?

I've no idea, honestly...
You do have an idea....its whether you want to make $$$ or YOLO it and try to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
C

What ever island you buy ...I am going to build a island around it.
Play Jimmy buffet music all day and jet ski in the water in between.

Good to know I won’t have to build a moat. Feel free to wear a bright colored, glow in the dark life vest. I’m taking up the crossbow and will need target practice.