Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if you want my uneducated guess, $TSLA is totally oversold and could very quickly go back above $300, so don't hesitate to buy if you have the money.

No an advice.

Thanks for that. I do plan to buy today, but often there seems to be a high start and then a push down - wondering whether to expect that today as well, or might today be different due to shareholder meeting in which case I would just buy at open, which currently is almost 219.

Thanks for that. I do plan to buy today, but often there seems to be a high start and then a push down - wondering whether to expect that today as well, or might today be different due to shareholder meeting in which case I would just buy at open, which currently is almost 219.

I guess it depends on your strategy. If you're looking to swing-trade then it might be worth waiting for the MMD, which although isn't guaranteed, does appear to be a phenomenon. On the other hand, if you plant to hold to ARK's $4k target then timing won't make much difference.

General rule: if you're unsure, split the difference.

With the run up before the call, any thoughts on a buy the rumor sell the news thing? I think long term Tesla is going to do great, but I’m not adding or selling any time soon.
Anyone adding might want to split half before and half after the call?
I’m notoriously bad on day trading, not a good timer, but a risk adverse middle age dude.

Experts scoff because it's nonsense.

Supporting argument from authority with more scoffing (non-authoritative, if I may) is your argument?

Musk is a trailbreaker, he doesn't waste time trying to understand or copy what others have done.
You have no idea what he spends his time on, but I agree he's not wasting any of it. Also, contrary to popular opinion, Musk has not designed and built Tesla's FSD infrastructure all by himself.

Google has TPUs and has invented multiple vision neural networks. Tesla uses an old Google Inception NN. Waymo makes their own lidars. There's no evidence Tesla has some "tight integration" advantage.
Non-sequitur and non-sequitur. You don't know that. Non-sequitur. The jury is out on that last one, of course, which is why my post led with words like "alternative" and "possibility".

Tesla has some clear advantages. But so does Waymo. I don't see any here who acknowledge the latter.

Maybe because you haven't pointed out those advantages, and Waymo is not very forthcoming with their information. Regardless, whatever Waymo does is irrelevant to Tesla. My post was in response to your "either FSD hard, or the others are stupid" argument, which is fatally flawed and you haven't defended (because you can't).

Last edited:
We got Python a bit later here in the States, about 1975 on PBS, but my friends and I were instantly hooked. We'd all get in the proper perspective and gather round my 19" RCA every Tuesday to laugh our keister's off. One of the UK's best contributions to modern culture. I've got several of their albums as well, including the famed 3-sided one. I'll do some searching for the Instant Record Collection and keep you posted.

Thanks for the post! Loved it!

Edit: Just checked Discogs and it's definitely available on the used market... In fact I just ordered one! Can't wait to listen and laugh!

Mod:
This is off topic!
No it isn't.
Yes it IS!
I came here for an argument.
No you didn't.
--ggr

Yeah, but you do need to link your shares to the app by supplying your broker, login and password. However, my broker isn't listed. I've emailed them to request they add.
Good Ghod No! You'd give your broker login and password to some random web site?

Edit: Morgan Stanley has some sort of "portfolio coordinator" where they want me to give them this kind of access to all my other brokerage accounts. Even if I thought they were trustworthy (which I don't, am about to drop them) I won't do that.

Last edited:
exactly. how many investor conference calls does he have a year with all the companies he covers?
how many of them ‘leak’ to the media?
how many of them are scathing enough to induce a capitulation downdraft of $45?

i mean, we could go on all day. he’s a control freak, a bad actor (both figuratively and literally), outright weird, and tiresome. he needs a backhand and a gag order.

tangent... the systems a joke. i get it, you have to make it first, and then you can make/change the rules.
while the system is all about growth (only for the present players), it doesn’t incentivize, and sometimes outright stifles, innovation, for which we all pay. something has to change. maybe once a few major coastal cities are swimming in hot saltwater we’ll wake the F up. saddening/maddening
Sorry you feel this way. Many here will disagree with your synopsis of both he and his companies, me included. I guess it is all in how you perceive him. You see him as a control freak, others see him as an active hands on manager. You see him as a bad actor, others see him as genuine and vulnerable. You see him as weird...well ok maybe he is at that but many would characterize it eccentric and genuine. You see him as tiresome, others would see him as refreshing. You say he needs a backhand and a gag order, others feel his visionary attitude and free thinking are the root cause of his companies success and progress.

So...I guess you make your personal decisions based on your perceptions and the rest of us will do the same. Have a great day.

Dan

Sorry you feel this way. Many here will disagree with your synopsis of both he and his companies, me included. I guess it is all in how you perceive him. You see him as a control freak, others see him as an active hands on manager. You see him as a bad actor, others see him as genuine and vulnerable. You see him as weird...well ok maybe he is at that but many would characterize it eccentric and genuine. You see him as tiresome, others would see him as refreshing. You say he needs a backhand and a gag order, others feel his visionary attitude and free thinking are the root cause of his companies success and progress.

So...I guess you make your personal decisions based on your perceptions and the rest of us will do the same. Have a great day.

Dan

Not sure, but I think you may have misinterpreted @Boomer19 . I believe his comments were directed at Adam Jonas, not Elon Musk.