Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry you feel this way. Many here will disagree with your synopsis of both he and his companies, me included. I guess it is all in how you perceive him. You see him as a control freak, others see him as an active hands on manager. You see him as a bad actor, others see him as genuine and vulnerable. You see him as weird...well ok maybe he is at that but many would characterize it eccentric and genuine. You see him as tiresome, others would see him as refreshing. You say he needs a backhand and a gag order, others feel his visionary attitude and free thinking are the root cause of his companies success and progress.

So...I guess you make your personal decisions based on your perceptions and the rest of us will do the same. Have a great day.

Dan

i was talking about adam jonas

which, ironically, some people see/twist elon as that way.

the difference is, elon actually makes it work. aj is just a ws $ db with no care about our future or the ramifications of his/their actions

What hype?

If you look at the current media headlines for Tesla, this event is starting to get built up into this watershed event that’s supposed to confirm a strong demand and thus herald in a new bull run, which is likely not the purpose of this event. Anything short of Elon saying “We are going to have a record quarter” (Which he won’t, because he is going to save that till the end of the quarter), may trigger a sell off.

I am probably being pessimistic, but I have been burned too many times by the media setting up unrealistic expectations for these type of announcements.

With the run up before the call, any thoughts on a buy the rumor sell the news thing? I think long term Tesla is going to do great, but I’m not adding or selling any time soon.
Anyone adding might want to split half before and half after the call?
I’m notoriously bad on day trading, not a good timer, but a risk adverse middle age dude.
Is the call today? What time?

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Maybe a few more taps and we're through?

screenshot.jpg

If you look at the current media headlines for Tesla, this event is starting to get built up into this watershed event that’s supposed to confirm a strong demand and thus herald in a new bull run, which is likely not the purpose of this event. Anything short of Elon saying “We are going to have a record quarter” (Which he won’t, because he is going to save that till the end of the quarter), may trigger a sell off.

If you go back a month after the earning call with 90k guidance number, and cap raise we were at 250 and change.

We took a dive from there, still way below 250.

220 for a record quarter? Really?

• Informative
Reactions: BoerumHill
Grain-of-salt warning: A long-time member claims to have heard from Tesla that of the Grand Mark's (exited Panama on Saturday) 1000 Teslas, 150 are RHD with targeted delivery in June (the rest presumably LHD also targeting June). Another ship supposedly holds 2000 RHD for July delivery, and a third will hold 2000 RHD for August delivery.

Last edited:
Sorry you feel this way. Many here will disagree with your synopsis of both he and his companies, me included. I guess it is all in how you perceive him. You see him as a control freak, others see him as an active hands on manager. You see him as a bad actor, others see him as genuine and vulnerable. You see him as weird...well ok maybe he is at that but many would characterize it eccentric and genuine. You see him as tiresome, others would see him as refreshing. You say he needs a backhand and a gag order, others feel his visionary attitude and free thinking are the root cause of his companies success and progress.

So...I guess you make your personal decisions based on your perceptions and the rest of us will do the same. Have a great day.

Dan
Are you talking about Jonas?

Last edited:
Cameras and computers are relatively easy, drive train and steering sensors and actuators would be between hard and impossible, depending on which car.

Not easy. You can take out the cameras and slap them on, sure. But actually using them for anything relies on a neural network trained for them to be in their specific locations and angles. It’d be like doing a brain transplant from a human to, say, a turtle. The angles of the eyes will be wrong, the sensors are all a little different, and the human brain won’t know what to make of the signals. The human brain would actually stand a better chance; it has plasticity and can adapt to the new signals.

Reactions: jerry33 and neroden