Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Data from Sweden is here: bilsweden
This page that also show pre-registrations: car.info
No deliveries in January and February because of mishaps and lots of deliveries intended for March have been pushed to April.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much about Germany. It might be a disappointment. Guess we'll see :)

Just got a call from Tesla Solar asking if I want to change my Slate Solar Roof selection to the textured grey, in which case I could have a house site visit this week and an install date in September. Apparently they have been doing east coast installs for a few weeks, but they are only manufacturing the textured grey right now. Slate tiles aren't expected until middle of next year. Haven't seen much discussion on Tesla Energy revenues here. Any ideas on if this could boost Tesla Solar revenues for 1Q19 or still not enough to be more than a rounding error?

Jung Musk on Twitter
Solid work by Keen, as usual
Seems we got our April fools joke.

My take on their 3 main findings:
  1. Wiper exploits: if you let a rain sensing cam see water splashing, it will try to wipe it off.
  2. AP exploits: if you paint lane lines on the ground, the car will follow it.
  3. Remote control exploits: If you have physical access of a computer, you can gain root access, then through that root privilege, if you send commands to steering assist motors they will move.
Not sure what they are trying to prove here.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: humbaba and AZRI11
I've verified all numbers from mrdoubleb who put in a lot of work to find good sources for them all. Hand of applause for him please!

The big unknowns outstanding are Germany and Switzerland. Should they scale like Norway, then we will end up around 20k. At the worst they scale like the Netherlands and we'll end up somewhere at 18-19k. Together with the good news show about the Model 3 there is the really bad news show on the S/X. Cutting out the 75kWh model hurt, a lot. Now that there are once more 'reasonably priced' S/X models available, sales should resume back to normal level, with the exception of The Netherlands which isn't showing a lot of recovery after the fiscal cliff yet.

PS. In Q1, the first boat for Europe left on Jan 11th. It seems reasonable to expect the same?

Swiss number will be here tomorrow or day after tomorrow. I expect M3 to reach top10 for the quarter.
auto-schweiz: Autoverkäufe nach Modellen

Music to my ears. In fact, I don’t know how but the link spontaneously showed up on the Model X instrument panel :D

8195E97E-F814-451F-9850-5841A1675CEE.jpeg

OT:
Of course not. They come from Belgium. It’s a actually ‘frenched’ fries. And Danish, is everywhere in Europe (except the Nordic countries apparently) called ‘Viennoise’, which is French (the language, not the way to cut fries) for ‘from Vienna’.
When I worked in Washington DC, I walked past the Belgian Embassy every morning (usually in the bitter cold). They never invited me in for waffles.

MODERATOR:
For the sake of all that is important, PLEASE do not post anything that might be considered material on 1 April without also noting whether or not this is an April Fool's Prank.
It is great to have fun, as no one knows better than your favorite Mod, but on today of all days, it is appropriate to confine such postings to items that in no way could be considered material (or, unfortunately, On Topic but so it goes).

NOT an April Fool's post. Other than it being posted on 1 April.

~~~Thank you~~~

I need the executive summary here. Does this mean $TSLAQ or does it mean I'm on track for early retirement?

in this case it means TSLAQ - because everyone who wanted the car got one. So there is no demand for a single car anymore - Bloomberg headline after M3 is number one sold car in every market it is available.

edit: for moderators - it is a joke

Jung Musk on Twitter

Seems we got our April fools joke.

My take on their 3 main findings:
  1. Wiper exploits: if you let a rain sensing cam see water splashing, it will try to wipe it off.
  2. AP exploits: if you paint lane lines on the ground, the car will follow it.
  3. Remote control exploits: If you have physical access of a computer, you can gain root access, then through that root privilege, if you send commands to steering assist motors they will move.
Not sure what they are trying to prove here.

Yup.

It appears that there was vulnerability that provided a way to get root access, and that it was fixed by releases in 2017 and 2018, which seems a good thing.

The other stuff does seem silly.