Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel pretty good about the future thanks to the ER. I'm buying the dip tomorrow. And I have an order for 100 shares at $288 after hours. Deepak was awesome but he isn't the only financial guy out of a planet with 8 billion people.
Me too. This is the best kind of dip you can ask for. It's utterly ridiculous with a predictable outcome.

SP aside, anyone has any idea about why Deepak would retire now? He is not that old around 56,57?

I won't worry about SP given the earnings report today, but I'm curious about his retirement.

He’s tired of waking up early, putting on a tie, and instead wants to spend his sh*tload of cash?

I wouldn’t wait until 65 for that either.

So... Tesla is replacing a guy with nearly 30 years of work experience and 15 years of experience in the CFO role

with a guy that's not even 32 years-old and has only worked for 3 companies? And is only 5 years out of his MBA program?

LOL

If you shorts would actually do your supposed job instead of trying to short and distort (being illegal and all), we might actually have a better Tesla. Apparently Tesla couldn't supply enough high level departures so Deepak had to leave the company TWICE to make up for it. Read the article shortly on seekingalpha....

This just shows the efficient markets theory is complete trash.

Wall Street is dumb.

Someone should inform them that in the future, other people might also not want to work until they die.

Also, I think people might retire from other companies too! Not just Tesla! (Shriek).

This reaffirms my belief that Wall Street is full of the slow ones that couldn’t keep up with the smart kids in school.
Let them stay dumb. Is there an easier way to make a few bucks?

why it's so bad?

Sean McVay is in the Super Bowl. I personally don't think there's a physics rule that 31 yo cannot be a CFO in a 50B company especially there are reasons for that?

Because being CFO of a 50B+ public company requires experience and expertise. It's a job that's equal to the CEO.

This guy was promoted to VP of Finance two months ago.

He has less than 10 years of work experience.

He's 31 years-old.

He doesn't have any advanced finance certifications beyond an MBA (ex: not a CPA).

Contrast that with Deepak, who had 15+ years of VP of Finance or CFO experience in industrial and automotive manufacturing.

Wouldn't a better CFO be someone with great relationships with Chinese banks, to help them close the factory financing?

Tesla could recruit any CFO in the world. Why did they choose this guy?

For you it would always be a stupid way of announcing it. At the beginning of the call, during the call. Tomorrow, next week, yesterday, last week, last month. With SP at a high point, with SP at a low point. Always stupid. Tell me your ideal way and time of announcing.

I'm not a short, you fool. Literally the only stock I own is TSLA. A better way of announcing would've been at the beginning of the call so that the last thing in analysts minds is the good stuff Elon talked about.

also, we're arguing nothing here. this isn't gonna matter in a week, if Zak isn't up to par Elon will replace him and Deepak is loyal enough to come back to fill any short term vacancy.

Because being CFO of a 50B+ public company requires experience and expertise. It's a job that's equal to the CEO.

This guy was promoted to VP of Finance two months ago. He has less than 10 years of work experience. He's 31 years-old.

Contrast that with Deepak, who had 15+ years of VP of Finance or CFO experience in industrial and automotive manufacturing.

Wouldn't a better CFO be someone with great relationships with Chinese banks, to help them close the factory financing?

so what?

Elon had zero experience for car manufacturing. Finance is not so hard anyway, particularly if you don't need to hide anything. There are plenty of young CFOs for big companies.

Why did they choose this guy? because tesla thinks he is qualified.

Trying to ignore all the noise (like the departure of the CFO, a quarterly "miss" of EPS, etc), and just focus on the key thing: are potential investors (who have been sitting on the sidelines waiting for more proof of financial stability) more likely to start investing in TSLA after this ER?

I think yes, big time. Tesla now indisputably has enough cash to sustain and grow its business without a capital raise. It is now a cash-generating machine. It will be profitable every quarter, and increasingly so. Its margins are outstanding. Its growth phenomenal. Demand for its products simply isn't a relevant issue for the next several years. Its product pipeline is unparalleled.

Really, folks, if you are not ready to invest in TSLA now, when will you ever be?

Eventually, this new money will cause an SP breakout. That could happen any time between tomorrow and mid 2020.

This guy was promoted to VP of Finance two months ago. He has less than 10 years of work experience. He's 31 years-old.

What age is Mark Zuckerberg? They have a Market Cap of $500B Go on Google it