Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a few 2150s. Not sure how this works when the market is not open but IV seems to have spiked up quite a bit. So you will be pleasantly surprised to get the appreciation from both SP and IV increase. Cheers to the longs. Enjoy it but also expect a lot of volatility.

I bought each for $80, I have a sell order for $200 in case we get a spike (and I'm back from vacation, so in meetings and can't watch like a hawk).

Reactions: M|S|M MYP
I don't think the Jun'22s are good value atm. Unless he's playing the short term, I can't blame him for selling.

I think the stock is better value than the Jun'22s atm. Only reason I haven't sold mine yet is because I expect near term upside.
As long as the Delta is reasonable, considering leverage how are Jun 22 calls not a better value than shares?

Reactions: charlesgres
As long as the Delta is reasonable, considering leverage how are Jun 22 calls not a better value than shares?
@FrankSG has talked about this before. He can correct me if I'm wrong but he means that the extra possible gains from Jun 22 calls if the SP were to rise are not worth it in comparison to the (much) greater risk of LEAPS vs stock. (i.e. stock you can hold forever through any dip, LEAPS have a time limit)

• Helpful
Reactions: JustMe and UncaNed
A big tent and a container with an A/C to keep things cool - what is happening in Grüneheide, Berlin?

Tent1.png

Tent2.png

Images from Tobias Lindh's latest https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0ha4hBAhx_n4HAo6LaOBg

Anybody have the link to track Elon's airplane? A German website is reporting rumors of Elon visiting Giga Berlin on Tuesday or Wednesday: Parkplatz und Zelt für Giga Berlin – Tesla-Chef soll kommen > teslamag.de

Incredibly exciting to see the battery manufacturing line taking place in a rather small boring looking old office block. There's certainly been some additional hardware put in the building but it does not appear to be substantial. Can't want to see just how many of the ideas that have been speculated about over the last year or two make it into v1 of the roadrunner project (perhaps we need a bingo card for battery day). I also hope that Tesla disclose a roadmap of future advancements they are looking to build into the cell (although that may be a little too open).

Given all the construction materials laying around i'm guessing that there will be some very long days for the roadrunner team between now and Sep 22. @gabeincal Would it be too much to ask for a weekly flyover of these buildings leading up to battery day so we can watch the progress?

Weekly flyover ordered! Any particular time or day? Any particular location or just the same small round flight? I’m trying to be stealth so I don’t want to do an entire town :D

I think US 401k is the same as Canadian RRSP. Tax question for Canadians: Does it make sense to over-contribute an RRSP, even if there is 1% penalty per month? For example to keep it simple:

My annual contribution limit is $100,000.

My actual allowable limit is $100,000 + 2% (grace) = $102,000.

Contribution made “by mistake” was $110,000 (ie, excess of $8,000). Got too excited buying TSLA.

Penalty per month is 1% of over-contribution = $8,000 x 1% = $80/month. Total penalty = $80/month + 5% of that = $84 per month

If my TSLA trading account is growing by just 10% per month, my RRSP growth would be $11,000 per month.

The question is, if I am gaining $11,000/month, what does it matter if I have to continually pay $84/month over-contribution penalty?

Does it make sense to just keep on paying the penalty? Or sell $8,000 worth of TSLA to stay away from Canada Revenue Agency’s radar?

On the surface, this seems like a no-brainer. But maybe I am missing something? Potential tax audit?

Help!!!!!!!!

Reactions: wtlloyd
I think US 401k is the same as Canadian RRSP. Tax question for Canadians: Does it make sense to over-contribute an RRSP, even if there is 1% penalty per month? For example to keep it simple:

My annual contribution limit is $100,000.

My actual allowable limit is $100,000 + 2% (grace) = $102,000.

Contribution made “by mistake” was $110,000 (ie, excess of $8,000). Got too excited buying TSLA.

Penalty per month is 1% of over-contribution = $8,000 x 1% = $80/month. Total penalty = $80/month + 5% of that = $84 per month

If my TSLA trading account is growing by just 10% per month, my RRSP growth would be $11,000 per month.

The question is, if I am gaining $11,000/month, what does it matter if I have to continually pay $84/month over-contribution penalty?

Does it make sense to just keep on paying the penalty? Or sell $8,000 worth of TSLA to stay away from Canada Revenue Agency’s radar?

On the surface, this seems like a no-brainer. But maybe I am missing something? Potential tax audit?

Help!!!!!!!!

I would sell the $8k worth...what's gonna happen when the SP is $10k/share? They will put a red flag on you account thinking you had some 'insider' info :)

• Funny
Reactions: gavine and Yoona