Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://twitter.com/kelvinyang7/status/1297855549745373185?s=21

Tesla China claims 30% weight reduction while improving safety metric by 20% and 100% raw material utilization on rear underbody using single piece casting.

“整”的,挺好。
Note that both Model Y and Model 3 single piece castings appear to be shown. If accurate that also means Fremont Model 3 and Model Y will both receive that rating since the machines in both locations have been delivered and are in use. That is if the recent information posted here in various thread is accurate. Once presumes there will be some discussion on 22nd September.

Just wow, I never would have predicted this premarket action!

I worry about battery day being a let down.
The biggest concern I have is world wide battery capacity. I have faith this can be solved but it is not known by me yet.
Cramer and maybe others have said things about a 2000 mile battery (interview with Rob?), if this is the expectation I think we will all be disappointed. I wish that kind of horse tonky were quieted. Fine if it happens, but I don't think anyone has seriously hinted this was possible or probable. MXWL, didn't they only describe seeing a path forward to something like a battery density or whatever it is called from 300 to 400?

I am not that worried about increasing range much. Have a 3, just did our longest trip ever. Rarely needed to charge longer than a bathroom and a meal or snack break. Very relaxing, no range anxiety. This was too NW Pennsylvania in an area we could not have gone to years ago. Good job TSLA. Yeah WaWa and sheetz! Thank you.

Competition does not seem to put out a compelling product. Forthcoming cars are not compelling. Competition not solving the charging problem, will have to join up with TSLA to do so. Clayton Christensen described the demise of old school steel mills, I see something similar in the future for big autos.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Amazing
No one seems to have noticed we are up 80.
Must be monday.
I recall reading an article way back when Research In Motion (Blackberry smart phone maker) was on its meterotic rise in early 2000s, that the CEO mentioned that if anyone was caught mentioning RIM share price at their corporate offices, the employee had to buy their entire deptartment donuts. Can we get the Mods here at TMC to enact something similar with agreed net effect going to all TMC posters? I'll DM my home address to the Mods for delivery purposes. Thanks.

WEDBUSH LIFTS TESLA'S BULL CASE PT TO $3,500 FROM $2,500 ON CHINA DEMAND, BATTERY POTENTIAL; NEUTRAL RATING, $1,900 BASE PT KEPT $TSLA

https://twitter.com/DeItaOne/status/1297853022060654592

Dan really needs to make up his mind haha. He keeps raising the bull case price target every few days now. Maybe he read the nano stuff on Twitter and got too excited? To his credit though there he seems to be evolving in his thinking of TSLA.

Just another manic Monday for TSLA. I feel bad for the retail investors who were planning to buy post split. Probably expected to pay 300 per share post split. All of the liquidity the fed pumped into the market is being used by hedge funds to front run the split and/or S&P inclusion.

Do you see option price movements before market opens? Or are you just commenting on direction?
I have Jan 21's added last Fri, as with all options, prices stay the same till open for me.

No, only see them at open, but with weeklies the pricing moves are magnified compared to LEAPS anyway, and two weeks out still has decent time-value.

• Helpful
Reactions: elasalle
Too many people talking about taking profits. 2500 here we come.

I know! This is starting to look more and more like the crazy event I wrote about back in December or January when the share price rise was starting to seem to high to a lot of people. I said stocks can run further and go higher than most people think in their wildest dreams (or something like that).

I kind of hope the ride is more measured and steady but one has to remember that has always been unlikely. This is TSLA. :)

Just before close Friday when the manipulation hit, I decided we'd go up big today, so I yolo'd my spare cash ($40k) on 5x 4/9 c2200's.

Not an advice, but looking good so far :D

I bought a few 2150s. Not sure how this works when the market is not open but IV seems to have spiked up quite a bit. So you will be pleasantly surprised to get the appreciation from both SP and IV increase. Cheers to the longs. Enjoy it but also expect a lot of volatility.

Note that both Model Y and Model 3 single piece castings appear to be shown. If accurate that also means Fremont Model 3 and Model Y will both receive that rating since the machines in both locations have been delivered and are in use. That is if the recent information posted here in various thread is accurate. Once presumes there will be some discussion on 22nd September.
That is the 3 vs Y comparison photo from the Q1 2020 quarterly report.
Fremont Model 3 will likely remain as-is for now per Elon:
The Redesign Of The Tesla Model Y Body Was Inspired By A Toy Car
Musk said that it was likely the tech would make its way into the Model 3 as well. “It’s probably something we would do, but maybe in like 2 years.” He commented that the design of the Model 3 body was a pain in the ass, but it worked. “We have to deal with the pain in the asses that don’t work. Those are the higher priorities,” he said.

What about the large number of calls arround 2090-2110. Over 50 000 in total, largest I've seen in a long time.

View attachment 580038

Anyone with thoughts?

My best guess is the market makers will be burnt by those. They don't always win. I'm basing my opinion on the dynamics around this split - it seems like the manipulators have lost their ability to push the price around at will and without consequence.

My guess is weight reduction refers to the parts, not the entire car.
That is a certainty. However we cannot tell for certain that the savings refer to original 2018 Model 3 or the dual-piece Model Y. The very high percentage suggests it might be a comparison with 2018-Model 3. Regardless it is a certainty that the process will save substantial euros, reduce costs in assembly, reduce warranty costs and improve vehicle stability on several metrics.

Overall this probably ranks along with the Octovalve in terms of contributions to a virtuous cycle.
The good Mr. Munro sounds like a converted fanboy when discussing these two developments.

...next comes battery day!

It is a trifle difficult for me to understand how TSLA is advancing at unprecedented speed on so many fronts simultaneously.

For more on this topic just look at the GF-3, GF-4 and GF-5 flyover videos. Pilings are already going up in Texas and the site has not yet been even cleared completely. Brandenburg shows new buildings appearing nearly every week, with structures in place in days, not weeks. The time lapse of Shanghai speaks volumes.

As we consider whether the share price is excessive, just review all the facts, then reconsider. Then glance at Consumer Reports for the US perspective. Then review the German views.

With all that we can easily see that the virulent complaints are, at worst, growing pains. In all probability they are mostly outliers. Despite that we all know the most serious problem is customer service and lack of access to service. Norway and parts of the US are poster children for those problems. Most of the evidence suggests these issues are being addressed, including recruiting data and Guillen letters about, for example, NE US service centers.

Even at all time highs one cannot be pessimistic. I admit I sold a few shares last week, but I will not sell more fo them. I will buy more as cash becomes available.

That is the 3 vs Y comparison photo from the Q1 2020 quarterly report.
Fremont Model 3 will likely remain as-is for now per Elon:
The Redesign Of The Tesla Model Y Body Was Inspired By A Toy Car
Yes, but that conversation, IIRC, was in reference to Fremont and was a while back. If these presses are outperforming expectations they fairly obviously can support both Y and 3. We don't know, but the Chinese phots did show one piece castings labeled both Y and 3.