Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah, evidence is leaning towards the announcement of the SR for $35k.

it's a huge step forward for the company and humanity!

by the way, spoiler alert: the media, who have been clubbing Tesla for not delivering the promised $35k Model 3, will now club Tesla for delivering the $35k Model 3, claiming it means there are demand problems.

My prediction - Elon is getting married.

OT (sorta) as we wait for TUSK revelations.

I don't know about a marriage announcement, but recently EM has been spotted with Grimes again. Based on the lyrics to her 2018 song "We Appreciate Power" I would say she and Mr. Tusk have engaged in some standard AI pillow talk.

We appreciate power
We appreciate power
We appreciate power, power
What will it take to make you capitulate?
We appreciate power
We appreciate power
I'll evade the human race, putting makeup on my face
We appreciate power
Simulation, give me something good
God's creation, so misunderstood
Pray to the divinity, the keeper of the key
One day everyone will believe
We appreciate power
We appreciate power
When will the state agree to cooperate?
We appreciate power
People like to say that we're insane
But AI will reward us when it reigns
Pledge allegiance to the world's most powerful computer
Simulation is the future
We appreciate…

See? Typical pillow talk. Right?

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: abasile and JRP3
That's wrong, the SEC's memorandum did not cite the 'willfulness' argument in support to issue an order to show cause ordering a reply by Elon Musk, they made the argument in favor of finding Elon Musk in contempt, which separate issue will be decided after Tesla and Elon replies.

To quote the SEC's memorandum:

https://www.heise.de/downloads/18/2...ssachtung_gov.uscourts.nysd.501755.18.0_2.pdf

"Significantly, a violation need not be willful in order to find contempt."​

Note the "to find contempt" qualifier the SEC used: i.e. your claim that the judge used that argument to sign the simple procedural step to order Elon and Tesla to reply to the SEC's filing (i.e. ' order to show cause') is blatantly false.

The SEC's legal argument was not relied on by the judge to make her minimal ruling ordering Elon to reply. The willfulness argument is the SEC's legal theory, and the judge did not make any ruling on the merits of the case.

Furthermore, even cursory review of the SEC's legal theory shows that it's flawed, because the case they cited (Donovan v. Sovereign Sec. Ltd., 726 F.2d 55, 59 (2d Cir. 1984)) relied on a defendant's undisputed, voluntary admission that he violated a settlement.

No such admission exists in this case (the SEC only purports that such an admission exists and I fully expect Tesla to dispute it), so the SEC's case law citation is inapposite (i.e. will probably be rejected by the judge) on its face.

The federal judge presiding over the case did not decide on the merits of the memorandum that outlines the SEC's views about finding Elon Musk in contempt, the order instructing Elon Musk to show cause was a minimal procedural step allowing Tesla their first filing to defend themselves against the SEC's accusation.

A judge deciding on the merits without giving Tesla a chance to defend themselves would be blatantly prejudicial, a clear procedural error and a cause for reversal on appeal.

I.e. your claims are, as usually, blatantly false. I expect Tesla to mount a strong legal defense against the SEC's memorandum in their March 11 filing.

TL;DR: it was pretty clear from your posts so far that you aren't working in the financial industry and that you don't have any accounting background either, now it's also clear that you have no legal background either, whatsoever.

The "Trolls For Hire" firms must be really scraping the bottom of the barrel to hire staff:

giphy.gif
FC you are correct
I have frequently requested an Order to Show Cause to bring someone before the Court. It is a process and creates no presumption of a decision on the merits.

yeah, evidence is leaning towards the announcement of the SR for $35k.

it's a huge step forward for the company and humanity!

by the way, spoiler alert: the media, who have been clubbing Tesla for not delivering the promised $35k Model 3, will now club Tesla for delivering the $35k Model 3, claiming it means there are demand problems.
Yup, and they will also claim that Tesla is actually losing money on each car they sell and the only reason they are releasing it is to improve their image and increase demand.

Dan

What's the bucket list of current core Tesla Tasks [that we know of or can reasonably induce]?

:) Gigafactory Shanghai + attendant cell supply + financing
o_O Gigafactory Europe + cell supply + financing [all still very murky, I think]
:) Model Y development + industrialization
o_O Model 3 SR [a bit of a public fixation IMO as marker of progress along the cost curve]
:) Semi development + industrialization
;) Pickup development + industrialization
:D Cell supply for US production currently seems to be sufficient
:D Financing for US centered activities - probably without a capital raise
:) Stationary Storage
:( Discounting solar stuff as immaterial to the company's vital progression [sorry but so]
:( Discounting Roadster 2 - nice but nonessential. Worth a big Elonian announcement?
:) Vital ancillary tech like battery and Supercharger improvements
:cool: Autonomy catchall
:confused: All kinds of service improvements

Anything else on the radar?

Given these:

#Tesla registered 13,225 new #Model3 VINs. ~3% estimated to be dual motor. ~6% estimated to be International. Highest VIN is 292118.
7:30 AM - 16 Feb 2019

#Tesla registered 6,870 new #Model3 VINs. ~0% estimated to be dual motor. ~7% estimated to be International. Highest VIN is 302757.
7:34 AM - 28 Feb 2019

Today Elon could be like, "Oh HAI, we've been producing Standard Range variants for the last 2 weeks. You can order NOW for delivery in 2-4 weeks. Also bond payment secured."

<breaks the internet and the shorts>

BTW tusks are for goring...

Last edited: