Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The main problem I see with the Consumer Reports non-recommendation is that they are ignoring the owner satisfaction. This is an overall rating that encompasses everything the owner knows about the car.

Rather than base the recommendation on the customer’s overall rating, CR parses a bunch of other ratings given by the customer and calculates a result weighing the criteria CR feels is most important and pop out with their rating. In effect they’re saying “Yeah we know you think this is the most satisfying (or best) car to own, but YOU don’t really know. WE know what criteria is most important so you need to pick this other car.”
Reliability and owner satisfaction can often be at opposites.

• Informative
Reactions: BrianZ and AndreN
Only if you were doing the speed limit or better. I love that EV torquevas we passed many big pickups pulling arguably larger campers.

I really hope someone makes a decent electric RV (ERV? REV?) soon. Maybe if the Mercedes Tesla collaboration happens we’ll see conversion vans.

The FUD continues (not posting the clickbait link):

“We’ll continue to see more EVs come on the market,” Kim said. “In the next three to four years, the market will be saturated with EVs. There will be a lot more supply than demand.”
There are two problems, however, that could put the brakes on the market expansion of EVs, according to Karl Brauer, executive publisher of Cox Automotive. “They still cost a lot more than ICE cars and charging takes a long time,” he told ABC News. “For a rancher in Montana, EVs are not the solution. These cars are for people who live in urban areas and don’t travel more than 100 miles or more a week.”
Brauer, who has driven the I-Pace, said he was “fascinated” with the SUV at first -- until it was time to juice the battery.
“It doesn’t charge as well as it should, even with a Level 2 charger,” he said. “There were times when I thought it was charging but it wasn’t. It has everything going for it and it drives extremely well. In terms of battery, I was disappointed.”
Driving an electric car also requires some patience and practice. They’re built with regenerative brakes, allowing the vehicle to function with single pedal driving. When the driver lifts his or her foot off the accelerator, the car will come to a sudden stop, especially when the regen braking is set to high. The abruptness can be jarring and disorientating in the beginning.
“It’s a different driving experience,” Larsen admitted. “There’s a steep learning curve. The first time I drove the I-Pace I had to turn off the regen braking. It felt weird.”
Automakers want consumers to believe that traditional cars are antiquated. In reality, an EV future is decades away.

Except for the charging part, you could replace EV with radial tires and publish the same article (forty years ago).
1. Too expensive--Americans will never pay that much.
2. Only works in the city.
3. Only works for long distance. (pick either #2 or #3 to use in the article).
4. Drives differently, steep learning curve.
5. Bias belted tires cost half as much.

So what happened? The big U.S. tire manufacturers finally got serious about making radial tires--but it was too late. All the big U.S. tire manufacturers except Goodyear went under, and it was a very close call for Goodyear, and the brand names are now just brand names and owned by other tire manufacturers. The auto industry appears to have learned little from the tire industry.

not a millennial, but interpretation is: chicken not going down without a fight grabs axe. :)
Tic-Tac-Toe isn't the only thing a chicken can do. Take that (tesla vision).
tenor (27).gif

“We’ll continue to see more EVs come on the market,” Kim said. “In the next three to four years, the market will be saturated with EVs. There will be a lot more supply than demand.”
There are two problems, however, that could put the brakes on the market expansion of EVs, according to Karl Brauer, executive publisher of Cox Automotive. “They still cost a lot more than ICE cars and charging takes a long time,” he told ABC News. “For a rancher in Montana, EVs are not the solution. These cars are for people who live in urban areas and don’t travel more than 100 miles or more a week.”
Brauer, who has driven the I-Pace, said he was “fascinated” with the SUV at first -- until it was time to juice the battery.
“It doesn’t charge as well as it should, even with a Level 2 charger,” he said. “There were times when I thought it was charging but it wasn’t. It has everything going for it and it drives extremely well. In terms of battery, I was disappointed.”
Driving an electric car also requires some patience and practice. They’re built with regenerative brakes, allowing the vehicle to function with single pedal driving. When the driver lifts his or her foot off the accelerator, the car will come to a sudden stop, especially when the regen braking is set to high. The abruptness can be jarring and disorientating in the beginning.
“It’s a different driving experience,” Larsen admitted. “There’s a steep learning curve. The first time I drove the I-Pace I had to turn off the regen braking. It felt weird.”
Automakers want consumers to believe that traditional cars are antiquated. In reality, an EV future is decades away.

Someone rated this post as funny - it is not. It is frustrating as hell that we have people THIS ignorant on earth!

Someone rated this post as funny - it is not. It is frustrating as hell that we have people THIS ignorant on earth!

You need to lighten up. It's normal. Eventually when Tesla's are ubiquitous enough that everyone has a first degree connection to an owner, the FUD will be finally vanquished.

The bright side of dumb and ignorant people is I don't have to work as hard.

"Think about this; think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that."

--George Carlin

OMG!

Do you have sausage delivery in Dallas?
Except for the charging part, you could replace EV with radial tires and publish the same article (forty years ago).
1. Too expensive--Americans will never pay that much.
2. Only works in the city.
3. Only works for long distance. (pick either #2 or #3 to use in the article).
4. Drives differently, steep learning curve.
5. Bias belted tires cost half as much.

So what happened? The big U.S. tire manufacturers finally got serious about making radial tires--but it was too late. All the big U.S. tire manufacturers except Goodyear went under, and it was a very close call for Goodyear, and the brand names are now just brand names and owned by other tire manufacturers. The auto industry appears to have learned little from the tire industry.
Anyone remember the battle to get the automakers to make seat belts standard?

Well, that didn't help! Yesterday I rolled my remaining 320 Puts to next Friday. So they are a week away from closing now, and they still got assigned to me this morning (after hours Friday). They are less than 10% below the SP! I don't know if this means that some very powerful market manipulators are expecting the SP to go up or down a lot as a result of the Bond payment?

Here is a potential explanation, taken from here:

Another way of looking at whether the put should be exercised early is to compare the value of the corresponding call option with the cost of carrying the underlying stock to expiry. The importance of this relationship is due to the fact that stock ownership plus a long put is an equivalent position to holding a call option with the same strike price and expiry. The two strategies are said to be synthetically equivalent.

Both positions, stock and long put (S+P), and the long call (+C), profit if the stock goes up and limit losses if it falls. Therefore, if one can in effect exchange the synthetic position (S+P) for its equivalent (+C), and the cost of doing so (ie. the cost of the call) is less than the interest earned on the funds received from selling the stock, the early exercise of the put is worthwhile.

This simple arbitrage relationship is known as put/call parity, and is the fundamental relationship of option pricing. It is also the reason that mispricing between call and put options with the same strike and expiry is rarely found. Such mispricing offers the opportunity for arbitrage, where pricing differences are exploited at little or no risk to the trader, in the process forcing prices back to put/call parity.