Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well all my Republican friends and family still look at Tesla as a “subsidy” taker with “no profit” only for the “rich liberal elite” and an “ugly” car with “no soul”. They aren’t getting that from watching MSNBC, and even though Bloomberg is usually digging at Tesla, conservatives aren’t reading it. Next stop is Trump getting out of a Red Model X. All our heads will explode.
I think some of the rules and former political bedfellows may get scrambled due to the pandemic. I was a pretty regular MSNBC watcher until lately. They have gone all Benghazi on covid focusing on trailers with body bags and the run on sympathy cards at the local CVS. I have watched a little more Fox these days, relatively speaking. Fox may be minimizing the virus health implications and its severity, but MSNBC is, imo, minimizing the economic fallout and reasonable and balanced solutions to reopening the economy.

Back to “overpriced” versus “overvalued”, put me in the camp that thinks a split is forthcoming.

AAPL has roughly 2500x more shares than TSLA. You want your share price in the same ballpark as any companies that may be similar to you.

Also, while it technically doesn’t have a material impact on a short position, the fact is it makes the share price seem more attainable for retail investors. Couple this with no transaction fees and you have the makings for squeezing shorts and holding your own during a time of uncertainty from the virus.

Also, I hear our newest board member hates short selling as much as Elon, so.....1 to 7 split anyone?!
;) :)
How about a 2,500:1 stock split so there are the same number of shares as Apple. That would make the current share price $0.28. A real penny stock!

I agree that all California emigrants have plenty to choose from between eastern and western Washington. There is no need to look further east. Idaho is ugly, we only have potatoes and boredom to offer so no further CA inquires please. just kidding, there's a title wave of Californians and western Washingtonians washing up in our state finding their bits of paradise these days...

California's greatest success is turning Texas blue in 8 years or less

Yep, hopin for that too in Idaho and much of the rocky mountain region as we continue moving away from a legacy of extractive industries and embrace renewable energy and more of a recreational, green economy
Idaho has a long reputation for being one of the epicenters of white supremacist movements though. You guys will really need to work on that before you can move on from anything really.

Idaho has a long reputation for being one of the epicenters of white supremacist movements though. You guys will really need to work on that before you can move on from anything really.

I feel like that's just all of America. I've never thought of Idaho speicfically that way.

Idaho is one of the greenest states on energy generation though

Indeed! Coeur d'Alene? Farther south? Boise is nice too, as well as Idaho Falls (which has it's own National Lab). And you're next to Big Sky Country...
BSU bronco land. Don't forget Wyoming--it'd be where I'd be if I didn't have to be gainfully employed but things will be getting really cheap there the next few years with the latest bust in the fossil fuel industry causing another population exodus. Hmmm...with all my tesla gains maybe I'll just buy an island in their sagebrush sea surrounded by antelope. That way I won't crowd Kruggerand on his island...

What a week.

For what it’s worth, I think it is perfectly reasonable to believe that Musk tweets were harmful to the Tesla brand & Tesla shareholders, while also still believing that Tesla will be fine long term and a great investment.

The above is my feelings on the situation anyway.

I don’t think it’s ever a good idea for any executive from a listed company to say their company is overvalued, and I find it even more bizarre that many forum members who are often pronouncing that Tesla shares are worth mid to high four figure amounts are all of a sudden agreeing with Musk that shares are overvalued. Also, a company executive saying something that is detrimental in the short term for the company share price on numerous occasions in the past is not a reason to give them a pass for saying similar things now.

In the short run I expect one or two institutional investors to once again express concern about Elon twitter behaviour as being a negative factor and impacting investment allocation decisions, and probably a shareholders lawsuit or two (which may or may not be successful) - but in the long term it will be inconsequential.

=====

Musk has been incorrect about Covid projections, and his promotion of loony theories are disappointing to say the least, but he does have a valid argument that the Bay Area should be looking to get manufacturers back to work in a safe manner ASAP if that is indeed possible.

(I can’t help but think the bay area being dominated by Giant software companies - who can safely work from home at almost business-as-usual conditions - are having a large impact on the slow pace of Bay Area officials thinking about ending lockdowns)

While getting Fremont factory for relatively peanuts price was a fantastic opportunity that should have no way been rejected By Tesla at the time, perhaps it’s time for Elon to take a leaf out of Walt Disney’s playbook and find a state that will effectively grant Tesla a district/county to operate/govern themselves as a company town (google the “reedy creek improvement district” in relation to Walt Disney world creation in central Florida).

You can get that anywhere that has internet: Listen to DJ Arden on KPIG-FM on TuneIn
Oh I know that, but you should be able to get it via FM. I listen to it all the time... discovered them when I was down there in '96... took a while to get enough bandwidth to get it up here, but I still love them. Surprised your link still shows Arden as a DJ, she hasn't been there for years. She used to be my favorite, Laurie is now... when she's on at least.

Rock on my friend!