Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will Tesla be the only large automaker with almost no inventory by the end of April? The gap between production and deliveries was not that large. Every other automaker will have parking lots full of vehicles rusting away.

It's going to suck that Fremont isn't running, but it's not so bad when you put things in perspective.

As best I can tell, every other manufacturer is trying to figure out how they can close, and keep closed, their manufacturing plants as a way to get through this bad spell. The already built inventory will get the dealerships through, and the government assistance will pay factory workers.

In 6 months, they'll be ready to recall workers from furlough and get on with things (in theory).

Meanwhile Tesla is doing what they can to reopen factory immediately, while doing construction on 1 existing factory, construction on a new factory, and rumor has it looking for land to get started on another new factory.

One of these things is not like the rest :D

We were at $538 Tuesday, don't fall for the Chanos smoke and mirrors. This stock and company are known to be in SIGNIFICANTLY better shape right now than Tuesday.

Tomorrow's ceiling is more like $650 than $550.

I hope you are right. I picked up some 04/09 520C when the stock was trading in 450s with bearish sentiment. No news is good news theory continued to make sense for me. Based on everything we did not hear from Tesla this quarter and their new under promise over deliver mantra I figured my odds were pretty good for a gamble.

Don't forget tomorrow is options Friday and I think the max pain was around 505 so who knows what the MMs will do, maybe TSLA cannot be controlled.

You have to think China did exceedingly well in March, can't wait for Q2 earnings call now.

This does not change my outlook for Tesla one bit but damn it feels good.
Ford Q1 Year on Year sales down 12.5%
GM down 7%
Fiat Chrysler down 10%
Porsche down 20%
Tesla up 36%
Also oil is at $20-25.
The other auto companies are offering 72 months 0 interest loans, Tesla has yet to announce a “deal” on their vehicles.

obviously Tesla is much younger, but only the strong will survive this. Tesla is still chipping away at the market

Tim Seymour is "surprised" that Shanghai Tesla factory is at record levels of production.

(It is the first quarter of mass production in Shanghai)

Tim is a moron.
Yea his concern with the balance sheet, and unfortunate timing has cost him a lot of money also. Anyone with 6 different charts running on multiple tv’s in the background of their 400 sq ft apartment is not to be trusted.

Jim Chanos LOLOLOLOL
To Jim:

giphy.gif

Me too! 5 minutes before the close, I bought 2 $520 call options for tomorrow for $1 each (=$200)! :) Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!o_O
Ditto for me. But folks, let’s be honest: this is just going to feed our bad habits. Like a gambler who has one winning hand and then loses it all, and more.

I keep telling myself to stick with my long term plan, but I’m weak. And now my weakness has been rewarded. Oh well.