Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh? We've seen many many times the momentum within a single trading day swing widly.....which was exactly what was happening. We already had seen a swing from up 4% to down 2%......stock could have easily broken down to 315-320 level had their been enough downward momentum

Yeah, breaking $315-$320 would have been a disaster. :eek:

Please stop, you're killing me. ;)

It's prudent investing + strategic change. To deploy the straddle strategy in April, you need cash. And that cash is obtained by selling in January.

Ummm, no. I didn't start investing last year and you're not going to be able to convince me that has any merit. Silly, silly, silly...

The dead giveaway is you're planning 3-6 months in advance. That's not how you make money.

Reactions: SpaceCash and Hock1
Indeed, the term "turn of the century" has become ambiguous. It was popularized during the 1920s, and of course referred to the years surrounding 1900. Now it's been nearly 20 years since a more recent turn of the century. Yet entities such as Turner Classic Movies continue to paste old descriptions such as, "The Time Machine is the story of a turn of the century inventor..." Nowadays they need to be more specific about which century to which they are referring. :rolleyes:
I suspect it will be another hundred years until the next turn of the century is called the turn of the century. No one used turn of the century as a term defining 2000. (All I recall was end times, computer disaster--wonder how much money was wasted on desktops and such by IT departments where it didn't make a lick of difference--etc. Banks and such, where it would have made a difference had it fixed years before).

I suspect it will be another hundred years until the next turn of the century is called the turn of the century. No one used turn of the century as a term defining 2000. (All I recall was end times, computer disaster--wonder how much money was wasted on desktops and such by IT departments where it didn't make a lick of difference--etc. Banks and such, where it would have made a difference had it fixed years before).
Y2K!

Made my services as a consultant very popular helping get people off the hospital system I had spent a decade getting them on. Depressing work but remunerative. Of course then January 1, 2000 came and my market went lower than a TSLAQ's margin account.

Pfft. You say wasted, the consultant says well paid. After the Y2K fizzle not much is being made of the 2038 end times. :rolleyes:

Reactions: wipster and madodel
That's because it was the turn of the millennium.

Scott Galloway says he was wrong on Tesla.

Scott Galloway on Twitter
He thought the cave diving incident would get rid of Elon Musk. Then spent the last year telling people Tesla is going bankrupt and on the verge of a buyout. Now he misses his model x and is trying to cope with the “ton of other alternatives” to Tesla.

You don't make much sense here.

I don't consider my TSLA shares a burden, I consider them an under-valued asset that is appreciating as TSLA ramps production capacity, offerings and reduces costs. An asset that will likely be worth a multiple of its current value in 5 short years. Why would I want to "lighten the load a bit"?

Serious answer - the two of you have different investment objectives / approaches / outcomes you're trying to accomplish. You and I are long term buy and hold. At least in my case, I have years go by with no sales to report on my taxes. I personally won't be lightening up until $2k+ or so, and probably not then (it sort of depends on how fast / soon we get there). It makes it easy for me to size up the current gyrations in the share price - none of them matter. Very few quarterly swings, up or down, matters.

For others, and many in this thread, those hourly / daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly swings matter deeply.

I of course, will cheerfully admit that I like +$50 days better than -$50 days. They both have the same impact on realized investment gains / losses ($0) -- I own the same number of shares before and after in both cases. And my investment thesis for the next 10+ years is not only intact, if anything it's getting new stuff added and getting better on a monthly basis.

(From your other posts, I've added you into "we" :))