Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let’s be real. Most of us will be dead by the time Elon Musk’s Tesla stops being able to come up with ways to spend money on humanity. Seriously.

Many more GFs to go.
Bajillion more energy and solar projects.
Many believe FSD is a hundred years out, so lots more R&D and hardware investment there.
Long way to go before every parking spot in the world has a V22 Supercharger that some think needs to happen, never mind just a reasonable continued expansion of the SuperCharger Network.
1,000 mile battery pack to achieve for the off-roaders and Alaskians.
Semi, Roadster2.0, pickup, normal pickup, heavy duty pickup, off road pickup, minivan, minibus, mini, station wagon, El Camino, and 526 other vehicle types people seem to think Tesla has to make.

I’m not even trying to be imaginative and I know there’s not even a remote chance I’ll be alive to see a dividend - and yes, I plan on seeing 2030 and beyond. So get the dividends are coming idea right out of your pretty little heads.

Edit: How could I have forgotten, a SC every 50 miles plus one next door to @neroden.

Last edited:
...?? if what happens??

...not following...
Reality. IMO, of course. Not intended as advice.

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the author, and not intended as financial advise.
For entertainment purposes only. Except for the skid marks the shorts will develop, that is.
EDIT: Grammer. Hate when I do that...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Christ...people still claiming dividends are optional. This is just not correct economic theory. if you buy shares in a stock not because it will EVER (before the heat death of the universe) pay a dividend back to the stockholders, but PURELY because you think the value will go up and you can then sell it eventually to someone who will pay more...
thats a ponzi scheme. Literally. it *is* the absolute definition of it. Its like tulipmania,
Whats the rationale for the person who buys the stock from you when you want to 'cash in'? that they can offload it to another...and another... this is musical chairs, and not stock investment.

I think TSLA is an awesome investment and I don't want dividends before 2030, but I value the stock highly BECAUSE I believe they will be able to pay staggeringly high dividends in 2030. I'm an investor, not a 'trader' or a gambler.
There's a reason they're called "shares". It is because you own a piece of an asset. Assets can change in value, because of (in the case of companies) extra cash on the balance sheet. (In the case of real estate, desirable location and market pressure, for example. The market in art, for another.) So if the asset increases in value, your piece of it increases in value. This is economics and pretty much the opposite of a ponzi scheme. The entire purpose of the stock market is to have a place to trade pieces of companies, which would be much harder if you had to sell the entire company, or liquidate it, for every trade.

Yes, it makes perfect sense to hold stock purely for appreciation.

As someone else pointed out, if a company borrows money to issue dividends, the balance sheet suffers, and the value of the company decreases. Now that is a ponzi scheme.

Last edited:
Edit: How could I have forgotten, a SC every 50 miles plus one next door to @neroden.
Do you mean by SC SuperCharger or Service Center ? ;)

Looks like today SP is more or less following the market. Question is will the shorts try to drive SP below 230 ?

SP now back to where we were after Q1 ER. Does anyone not think Tesla is in better shape now compared to after Q1 ER ?

Courtesy of @Solar Aussie (thanks!):

Brexit, cycle lanes and Saudi Arabia: CTF's Facebook campaigns

"Several of the Crosby-linked groups purported to be scrutinising activists who back regulation. One such site was GreenWatch, which, in addition to its Facebook page, had a standalone website and Twitter account which criticised environmental causes. On the page it attacked the BBC’s reporting on biomass by “everyone’s least favourite licence fee-charging broadcasting corporation” as “hot air”, mocked malfunctioning wind turbines, and repeatedly criticised electric car pioneer Elon Musk."

Interesting in the context of social media campaigns, a la Cambridge Analytica and Russian interference in US and British elections. Also, I think Tesla is mentioned in the Netflix documentary, The Great Hack, which also discusses some of the above issues.

Don't think for a second that there isn't a vast social media campaign on FB, Twitter, Seeking Alpha, and elsewhere targeting Tesla and Elon Musk. Who are the perpetrators? Take your pick: Big Oil (including Russia), anti-environmental groups, short hedge funds, and perhaps others too.

Last edited:
Slightly off the current discussion, but if one wants to own stock at or near these levels the premium you can take it for a short dated option right now looks really interesting. You can sell an October at the money put and take in about $15 of premium.

Except that when SP goes up to $300 - random number - by October, you will not own stock at current levels and miss out on a €70 gain. You will only have earned the $15 premium.

Let’s be real. Most of us will be dead by the time Elon Musk’s Tesla stops being able to come up with ways to spend money on humanity. Seriously.

Many more GFs to go.
Bajillion more energy and solar projects.
Many believe FSD is a hundred years out, so lots more R&D and hardware investment there.
Long way to go before every parking spot in the world has a V22 Supercharger that some think needs to happen, never mind just a reasonable continued expansion of the SuperCharger Network.
1,000 mile battery pack to achieve for the off-roaders and Alaskians.
Semi, Roadster2.0, pickup, normal pickup, heavy duty pickup, off road pickup, minivan, minibus, mini, station wagon, El Camino, and 526 other vehicle types people seem to think Tesla has to make.

I’m not even trying to be imaginative and I know there’s not even a remote chance I’ll be alive to see a dividend - and yes, I plan on seeing 2030 and beyond. So get the dividends are coming idea right out of your pretty little heads.

Hey if he can get one next door to him I want one as well. I'll bring them cookies everyday.

Don't think for a second that there isn't a vast social media campaign on FB, Twitter, Seeking Alpha, and elsewhere targeting Tesla and Elon Musk. Who are the perpetrators? Take your pick: Big Oil (including Russia), anti-environmental groups, short hedge funds, and perhaps others too.

Big Auto.