Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would imply a miss, it does not inspire confidence.
Well, I'm just not seeing the weekly production rates for 90,000. S&X aren't back up to full production, so I'm gonna guess they'll come in at 17K-20K. Model 3 should make up the difference if they can make 5400 to 5700/week, but I haven't seen it yet.

OT :
Show your work EVNow. How much do you think a SR+ costs to build?
Since I don't read all posts in this monstrous thread, you need to quote or mention me if you actually want me to respond.

My guess is SR+ is making 10% to 15% so margin - so about $35k or so. Depending on options take rate, they can get better margins to reach 20%.

OK, at the risk of stirring a hornets nest here let me assure everyone that this is a straight up honest question. No trolling, no hidden agenda. First, some background.

I am retiring in 2 weeks and I am looking at rearranging some of my 403b money. I will have about 10K to play with (which is a significant sum for me but not something where I would be ruined if I lost). I have a good pension and a little extra income on the side so we will be fine without this money.

I would very much like to support TSLA and put it there. I plan on not touching this money for at least 7 years. Do you feel I would be better off in something more conservative? Maybe ARK stocks? What do you think? Not necessarily worried about volatility. Seems to go with the territory. lol!

Dan

Asking this question here is like running into a packed bar on a Friday night and asking the patrons if alcohol tastes good.

It's extremely difficult to predict where demand will end up. Just four years ago many people here predicted Model S/X demand would be 150-200k/year by now. One of the arguments used at the time was that Tesla was going to expand sales worldwide. But the reality is demand for the Model S/X was/is low outside the core markets of N America, Europe and Asia.
Wait, what? Tesla still isn't selling Model S/X outside the core markets. What the heck are you saying?

I never figured out why Tesla is so afraid of raising additional capital.
I think it's because Elon is afraid of losing control. He trusts himself but doesn't trust dumb investors like us, and REALLY doesn't trust the Wall St Institutions. But he can't keep up with dilution either.

GREEN! just now.

In the parallel groups, it is the total capacity of the group that matters. If you have one cell fail open, then the group loses that percentage of capacity and become the limiting part of the pack. Adding a weaker cell in addition to the existing capacity still increases capacity and the cells in that group self balance based on voltage.
Still not sure as if a cell reached 0 volts the cell gets ruined. So the cells at monitored to ensure they do not reach 0 or rather do not go below 2.5 volts. There is no practical way to insert a good cell for a week one. At a minimum the may replace the brick.

Tesla is also no longer including the 14-50 NEMA adapter and USB cables in the Model 3. While I understand the 14-50 NEMA adapter is probably seldomly used
Um, it's used pretty much all the time by everyone. What?

no longer including USB cables is just a dumb decision that creates negative PR and customer experience that far outweighs the savings.
I don't think the USB cables are as big an issue, since you can just buy those from anyone, right?

The battery production is by far the most concerning to me. If Panasonic can't supply Tesla enough batteries now, how will they supply 50% more batteries within 6 months when GF3, Model Y, and Semi production starts?
Yes.

Reactions: Mobius484