Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MM are going to beat the sugar out of this stock as long as Tesla does not raise capital....from them.

Here’s the thing, though. They’ve done cap raises before and for a little while WS is happy and then they aren’t and we do it all over again. Yuck. I’m over it. Get the money, if you need it, from other sources - like they did in China.

Disengagements create only a brief report - no usable training data (e.g. no imagery or whatnot), just a couple kilobytes of "situational" data. They're designed to help Tesla figure out what sort of situations are the most common and problematic reasons for disengagement. Then Tesla launches a campaign with "triggers" (which can be very complex) to gather potential training data for dealing with their most problematic situations. The training data is filtered down to examples that illustrate nuances - including things that should be both positive and negative detections - rather than being included as a flood, which can overreinforce "normal" situations and lead to the exclusion of edge cases. These are manually labeled and then added to the dataset.

Source: a combination of Green's analysis and the Tesla autonomy presentation.

Only correction here is that the final data isn’t necessarily manually labeled. They showed the example of a left turn campaign that was automatically labeled using human mimicry.

How important is the "within 200 miles of Atlanta"? - how many stores outside of Atlanta in that 200 mile radius? ZERO

So, really, there's one M3 available in Atlanta. Throwing in the within 200 miles of Atlanta" makes it sounds as if there are several other stores all around Atlanta that are sold out as well.
View attachment 402511

I think the “within 200 miles” was included to show that if you’re in Atlanta and want an inventory car, there’s exactly 1 you can get anywhere near you. Giving just the inventory at one store isn’t particularly helpful, as people will likely drive a certain distance(but not usually 200+ miles) to pick up a car.

Also, that’s the default result Tesla gives you.

IMO we are about to see a shift in WS/journalist's sentiment about Tesla ( newest lower PT by MS being the 'bottom'). Why? Greed. just about everyone, bull or bear, long or short, believes Tesla would be greatly helped by a cap raise. EM has been pumping, Cathi Wood is pumping and those effects have been negligible. WS knows that a cap raise is imminent but at what SP will it be acceptable to EM/Tesla?

So, WS will go neutral/slightly positive on Tesla because they are looking for a 'pay day' on the cap raise.

I may be totally wrong but it is the way I see it. ;)

For a capital raise, I would rather that Tesla got it from China or Norway - in some manner where no one from Wall Street gets a cut. Even if the Stock Price subsequently took a hit due to further Wall Street manipulation.

Well, winter was coming too. It’s finally arrived, but how long did we have to wait for it?

Thusly, not holding my breath.

General Motors CEO Mary Barra has just confirmed that the automaker is indeed readying an electric pickup truck to compete with the likes of the electric Ford F-150 and Rivian R1T.

-> none of which actually exist yet, except Rivian who have a prototype

Of course, Tesla is in the truck game too. The electric automaker says a Tesla Truck is in the works, though we've yet to see any indication that progress is being made on this front.

-> bet you a shiny dollar that Tesla bring an electric pickup to market before anyone else

So some Norway deliveries in the last two days, but mostly MS&X - I guess these are delayed from last quarter as they have to bolt them together a bit in Tilburg.

For the S/Xs I'd suggest those are sales out of inventory. Norwegian S/X's don't pass through Tilburg. For the Model 3's delivered these days I think you are right those are cars intended for last quarter but that needed work before being able to put them in a customers' hand.

Hmm I wonder if you’re talking about different things... mine shows cars pretty accurately whenever actually driving. Only when I’m completely stopped with cars(or anything else) surrounding me do I get cars/RVs/trucks dancing(this happens in my garage sometimes as well, before I leave it). Kinda weird but ultimately harmless as it only shows up when I’m not actively driving anyway.

Talking the same, I just assumed the poster would be talking about times when it’s relevant - like when you’re driving.

He may also be on a different version. But if not, he should kick it. :p

Wow, well we know one bank not in on the deal.
Had a conversation with a TSLAQ.

He told me how Elon lies and how door handles don’t even work.

I said ‘you know what else doesn’t work?’ as a model 3 came out of the garage on its own and stopped next to both of us, “trying not to let your jaw hit the ground.”

Later that day, he texted me a price quote on pre owned Model S and asked if was a good deal.

Complete reversal. Took off his VR goggles programed with mainstream financial news simulation. Saw reality for the first time and mind was blown.

The rest of industry has no clue what is coming as more and more broader market consumers actually start experiencing Tesla vehicles and all that they can do.

For a capital raise, I would rather that Tesla got it from China or Norway - in some manner where no one from Wall Street gets a cut. Even if the Stock Price subsequently took a hit due to further Wall Street manipulation.
They GS,MS....will beat the crap out of you and then help facilitate a cap raise....grab a nice fat chunk for themselves. Talk up the stock untill they think it's time to do it all over again.
No wonder EM wants to avoid them.

Had a conversation with a TSLAQ.

He told me how Elon lies and how door handles don’t even work.

I said ‘you know what else doesn’t work?’ as a model 3 came out of the garage on its own and stopped next to both of us, “trying not to let your jaw hit the ground.”

Later that day, he texted me a price quote on pre owned Model S and asked if was a good deal.

Complete reversal. Took off his simulation goggles programed with mainstream financial news simulation as saw reality.

The rest of industry has no clue what is coming as more and more broader market consumers actually start experiencing Tesla vehicles and all that they can do.
Sounds like my brother. He tried to convince me that Teslas are junk, then I bought one. Now he’s a shareholder lol

Said data needs to be video from the exact type/arrangement of sensors you plan to use in the final product
No. That would be incredibly brittle.

These vision NNs just take in pixels and put out labeled bounding boxes. Tesla's labels are ID (car/truck/whatever), distance estimate, direction hint, etc. The NN doesn't know or care about camera location. The heuristic code which builds the 3D view obviously must know camera locations and orientations.
LiDAR doesn’t gain you any additional understanding to handle things like airborne cars. I’m not sure why you think it would?
With LIDAR you don't have to "understand". You know there's a large object in a certain location moving in a certain direction. If your vision NNs identify it as an airborne car, terrific. But even if not, you have enough info to take evasive action. (Of course your code has to use that info properly - bad s/w will always defeat good sensors).

• Informative
Reactions: kbM3
Only when I’m completely stopped with cars(or anything else) surrounding me do I get cars/RVs/trucks dancing(this happens in my garage sometimes as well, before I leave it). Kinda weird but ultimately harmless as it only shows up when I’m not actively driving anyway.
I just laugh when I see this, and think of it as those around me want to dance with a Tesla, but they can't keep up as they're just doing the hokey pokey. :)

EDIT: bolded typo.

I haven't been able to follow this thread closely since last week and am now seeing posts about a capital raise -- is there reason to expect one imminently, or are folks just speculating?

Speculation. Cathie Wood stated yesterday, and I assume from discussions, not guessing, that Elon would not raise with the SP at these levels, but it's not ruled-out down the line.

I did my duty and sold another model 3. Ppl have huge misconceptions about m3 pricing. This time I didn't give out my referral code. I felt it'd taint the experience.

This part, I believe it'll be better if Tesla states in bold big letters on tge order page on checkout to have tge buyer ask for a referral code from ppl who told them about tesla.