Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh-oh...

1680273318965.png

Lol, certain Icelandic members have been suspect cyborgs for a number of years now. So definately coming by 2045. Glup. ;)
OT (a bit), I grabbed an account last night to get MidJourney 5. (Text in -> Photos out). Gotta keep up, plus I really do need some media. Copyright's a minor concern, but it's all gonna be ubiquitous in just a few more weeks. It really is improving that fast! My buddy created a Patty's Day song with chords and words to match Blink 182's style and will play it live next week, lol.

This is why I also think FSD will follow suit in just a couple years and halfway joked that it was on the GM and Ford roadmaps "in 2 years you can take a nap while driving" to quote Farley recently.

The odd thing with these AI tools, is that human fingers are just now creating the correct number of digits. You'd think a computer could at least count to 5, but not how AI thinks. This phenomenon may help explain some of the quirkiness of FSD in some situations.

35 Semis recalled for faulty supplier part

Good news really. Have the bugs ironed out with the very first small batch before proper production gets going. I still think the semi is the least-appreciated bit of Tesla's lineup. When it comes to pure-economics, Tesla always wins. Fleet purchasing of semis will be 100% economics driven.
This is a super exciting year: Semi plus cybertruck for sure. Progress on FSD and a model 2 reveal are just icing on the cake.

Yes, Elon's answer makes a lot of sense. Yes, it will be a long long time. How long? Ray Kurzweil said 2045 for AGI.

As narrow AI is shaping up now, creation of manufacturing seems be one of the last things to go. White collar workers will be the first. Heck, our "job" 😁 to talk investments on this forum could be replaced today, and probably be done a lot better, by Chat GPT if MS or Open AI wanted to.

What I mean is that once there is AGI is on par or above human levels, the last human jobs will of course be supplanted because of economics if nothing else. The ability to make almost unlimited amounts of creative knowledge workers will enable every job, such as factory and logistics optimization, to be carried out to the nth degree, until there aren't a lot of advantages for any one player.
A very long time ago I gave some ant thought to What happens if Machines can do every job better, easier, and more economical than humans. I can take it all the way out to the non-existence of biological life. There are several cruces. The first is how humans associate and value themselves and others by the actions(work) they do, and are recognised in the community as doing and serving. Think "fireman," their real job is fire code enforcement most haven't put out a fire in years. They have a perceived value of fighting fires by endangering their lives. blah blah blah.
If humans no longer have jobs they lose their self-esteem by not having that label. It does not matter that they did not do the job; They had the label to recognise they were worth something. Barney Fife, think about it. No really think about him. Then go on.
So the first crux, to me, is how do we maintain self-worth. The answer; Voluntary AND Government-supported, Human interaction. People will be Legally protected from bots (derogatory/dismissive term in the future by the way). Not all jobs will be protected.
But any job where the worker comes in contact where a human receives the work will be protected from bots IF a human wants to perform it.
A human-consumer can choose to be categorized as pro-human, and will then be assigned a human to interact with them if there is a human capable of doing the work. And a human is available.
Why would a human want a human to do a job which will be done better by an average bot? To provide a chance for human interaction. To stimulate the mind and encourage social bonds. Yes yes, machines will be even better than humans at that eventually but this will be early on in take over of bots.
The fragile human psyche is the first thing that will need to be dealt with. self-esteem, Social worth, and human bonds.
When and how the advancement by bots reduces the need to consider those values; that's when things get really trippy.

Threads of the day:
Does Tesla need a PR department?
H/W 4.0 discussion (investors) New phoenix radar now getting installed
The Resource Angle
All discussion of Nikola Motors - Market cap <$1Bn

New Franz interview:
The Roadster is coming

New Cybervault product looks same as the far right TE teased product from Investor day:
arenaev_010.jpg

Chinese specific Powerwall?
Probably just a coincidence in size?

But given the name, if it is on the home/ Powerwall side of things, perhaps it is Cybertruck home integration. Their V2H/ V2G solution with the Cybertruck being the first supported model.

Edit: Adding text to go along with screen shot:

"The Biden administration on Friday granted California the legal authority to require that half of all garbage trucks, tractor-trailers, cement mixers and other heavy vehicles sold in the state must be all-electric by 2035, an aggressive plan designed to clean up the worst polluters on the road."

Screenshot_20230331_112432_Email.jpg

Last edited:
Because Elon is dead set on making MSM dig their own grave. Tesla draws in clicks on views, however it's full of misinformation and a land mine when the owner of Twitter with over 130M followers loving to call you out. This is the chess Elon decided to play. MSM keeps falling for the trap, making themselves less and less credible to the point that people no longer trust them. It's what they get for prioritizing click traffic for real Journalism.

At this stage of Tesla's development and the ever growing scale of it's goals, a PR office would be beneficial as long as it's activity was strategic as to when and how to respond to MSM FUD and disinformation. Being called out by Elon's twitter following is a weak band aid when MSM reaches a far greater audience in all the media formats that now exist. The majority of that audience aren't monitoring Twitter to learn how FUD pieces from MSM are biased and not factual. The wider audience already have a baseline low estimation of overall media credibility. But that doesn't mean they don't internalize repeated negative impressions of Tesla they get from the MSM, if they don't see FUD refuted soon after on the same mix of media they consume.

Good news really. Have the bugs ironed out with the very first small batch before proper production gets going. I still think the semi is the least-appreciated bit of Tesla's lineup. When it comes to pure-economics, Tesla always wins. Fleet purchasing of semis will be 100% economics driven.
This is a super exciting year: Semi plus cybertruck for sure. Progress on FSD and a model 2 reveal are just icing on the cake.
True, although I'm surprised they didn't find this in their test fleet of trucks. Haven't they been using a bunch of Tesla semis to transport between Fremont and Sparks, as well as for deliveries within trucking distance of Fremont?

True, although I'm surprised they didn't find this in their test fleet of trucks. Haven't they been using a bunch of Tesla semis to transport between Fremont and Sparks, as well as for deliveries within trucking distance of Fremont?
Geez, read the article. Bendix discovered it and first they did a recall, Tesla did theirs a month later. It's voluntary and there have been no accidents.

So we know they have delivered 35 Semis...

Pretty uncommon when there are only 35 of a vehicle for it to be in customer hands like the Semi is. At least for Tesla. Usually this stuff gets worked out with employees behind the wheel.
This was a quality issue with the Bendix Intellipark module. It had a very low rate of modules with the issue and even then, a low rate of failure repeatability. 2% estimated failure rate on 836 total modules.
Failure to park had multiple alerts to driver (warning lights and lack of depress noise)

This module was also supplied to Nikola, Navistar, and Paccar.

Tesla March production was not part of recall.

Cybervault is a term I remember Tesla people using about gear and charging miles people earned through influencing people to buy teslas.
I can't keep up on all the Supercharger stuff, but I do recall CyberTruck will be able to use the same (CyberVault?) charging system as the Semi. Or is that version already out there? Or is there yet another step change possible in charging speed on 4680's to tap those new tabless benefits? Any faster and it's gonna be Circle K friendly with a whole island for EVs.

So we know they have delivered 35 Semis...
Through March 13th.*

*Edit: Actually through Feb 28 per @mongo response.

"And as per the Safety Recall Report, Tesla Semi units produced starting March 14, 2023 are already equipped with a replacement parking brake valve module with improved internals that prevents air leakage."

Last edited: