Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen that data yet, thanks!

A big EV incentive started in Germany in January for corporate cars, so I wouldn't be surprised about higher Model S sales in Germany at all. In fact I predicted such a possibility back in November:

:D
Yeah I remember that. I just thought Germans would buy the Taycan, the e-tron, the VW ID, the BMW i4... you know all those local competitors. ... Oh wait, never mind. :p

Ok, so the corporate tax incentive is responsible for the boost, not the normal consumer incentive which was capped at 60k EUR retail price. Got it. Well, I mean if they are going to sell 2k Model S monthly I am OK with that. But the question is then why is there no Model X on that list?

Reactions: ZsoZso and MikkoJ
Musk should tweet that crypto using the proof of work concept (like dogecoin, bitcoin) is incompatible with sustainable anything and distance himself.

Background:
Dogecoin was founded by Jackson Palmer with help from Billy Markus. But to say founded is a little misleading since Dogecoin began as a joke, a parody of the moon chasing crypto communities.

Dogecoin, the joke, was started by Jackson Palmer initially on Twitter and later as a website he built. Dogecoin, the cryptocurrency, was released in 2013 by P
The Conclusion on Dogecoin Mining
Ultimately, mining Dogecoin at a profit is going to be difficult, possible, but difficult. Dogecoin, though, has never really been about the money or profits, despite being worth millions. It’s an open and welcoming community of crypto enthusiasts willing to learn and share.

So in the spirit of the community, mining Dogecoin is an accessible way to get into the crypto scene. With new, more affordable options for mining, like USB Scrypt ASIC miners being made, the barriers to getting involved are lower than ever before.
A Beginner's Guide to Dogecoin Mining

Bob Lutz was disgraceful today, even by his standard. But more disgraceful is CNBC to give him air time. Taking shot at someone who is not there to defend himself. Calling personal stuff like manic depressive. I mean even if someone has manic depression, you would still be respectful. Tesla should just go for the kill here. Enter the 25k segment and get them out of business.

Only problem is that Tesla is going to be building the drivetrain to GM's electric pickup....

allegedly

Ok, so the corporate tax incentive is responsible for the boost, not the normal consumer incentive which was capped at 60k EUR retail price. Got it. Well, I mean if they are going to sell 2k Model S monthly I am OK with that. But the question is then why is there no Model X on that list?

I assume that there are not any Model Xs on that list because they don't qualify for the EV subsidy. For the Model S I guess you can "double-dip"; in that you get the corporate tax incentive as well as the EV subsidy. (Assuming you get the base version that qualifies.)

Reactions: lklundin
InsideEVs is possibly significantly underestimating U.S. deliveries:

Alpha Hat is apparently tracking LTE modem IMEIs through Tesla's mobile network provider, which makes their methodology very accurate and VIN registrations invariant.

It's unclear whether Alpha Hat is able to track European IMEIs. They might have used satellite pictures like others, which aren't very high resolution. If the 2,500 was 2,900 it would explain the discrepancy.
Yes, I was just going to point out that we had discussed and, I think, agreed that while AlphaHat's method might work well in North America, if it relies on IMEI id it could well fail totally on cars for other markets where other frequency bands and protocols apply. So, blind on overseas merch.

Reactions: Fact Checking
IIRC Alpha Hat had a better than 97% forecast accuracy of Tesla deliveries since 2017.
Did Alphahat say anything about March yet? If I recall they break data up weekly, but since March ended on a Sunday they should have it by now.

I interpreted their statement as tracking anonymized data from people's phones, not the data links in the cars themselves. In either case it seems difficult to tease out deliveries from service visits and such, since many DCs are also SCs.

• Disagree
Reactions: hacer