Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Compared to other automakers….

D037A433-73D9-4294-B846-EFA6C41DE7FE.png

Tesla CEO Elon Musk should give me a call, says US Labor Secretary​

View attachment 776664

Odds of Elon calling are probably < 0%

Don't quite get what the point of this is. Why would Musk want to talk to the labor secretary? Maybe hang out and talk philosophy of compensating employees? Is there some policy decisions they need help with?

If POTUS and NHTSA have any sense, they will see where this is going. China is aiming to beat them to autonomy, and China is willing to even use Tesla to do it.

Someone needs to wake up and start supporting Tesla, instead of roadblocking them at every turn.

This is precisely what China would like to do, and until the US administration either changes it's stance or just plain old changes, China will likely surge far ahead the US over the next few years regarding green energy / EV's / autonomy. China playing chess while the US is stuck playing checkers.

If POTUS and NHTSA have any sense, they will see where this is going. China is aiming to beat them to autonomy, and China is willing to even use Tesla to do it.

Someone needs to wake up and start supporting Tesla, instead of roadblocking them at every turn.
Roadblocking? You mean like a zero interest $400M loan to let them scale quickly? Cushy tax code ensuring Tesla pays nothing for a decade? Tesla is constrained literally only by the raw materials required to build it's products.

I think we're getting a little overdramatic. POTUS wants Michigan votes, not to "roadblock" Tesla. Germany wants to protect their legacy domestic auto industry, not stop Tesla.

Added a few April 14th 900 calls.

GF Berlin deliveries
GF Austin (April 7th)
Q1 numbers

all included by then ...
I'm waiting until after China Feb CPCA numbers come out.......I could see that being used a short term FUD because you know they're not going to mention the Chinese New Year or Feb being a shorter month by 3 days

I usually like Ars, but this title is flat out misleading. In the body of the article the hostility is from racial case. As someone who worked with a whole lot of different folks on the Fremont line, contractors and engineers, I used just about every men's restroom in the factory multiple times during my tenure, I just don't see how it can seen as hostile. There is a ton of respect happening is what I saw and gave back.

/Rant off

Ars Technica has been anti-Tesla and and anti-Elon trash for years now. The story goes that the owner of Conde Nast hates Elon and so all media outlets (mostly old school glossy magazines) go after him every chance they get. I have no respect for Ars Technica.

Sure but I thought colocation was critical?
The path from Kansas or Oklahoma to Austin isn't that long and isn't significantly affected by weather. Isn't crossing international borders, isn't going through a port, in practical terms it's about the same issue if it were across town. They still have to ship it and that minor distance might be offset by cost savings (taxes or labor if the other state offers a good deal).

1646417929285.png

Ars Technica has been anti-Tesla and and anti-Elon trash for years now. The story goes that the owner of Conde Nast hates Elon and so all media outlets (mostly old school glossy magazines) go after him every chance they get. I have no respect for Ars Technica.
It's pretty interesting looking at Ars Technica's coverage of SpaceX vs Tesla. Eric Berger has some of the best insights around in regards to SpaceX. His work is truly a gem. However Jonathan Gitlin and Jon Brodkin have consistently negative coverage of Tesla. This could be due to the fact that they were heavily advertising ICE autos (At least last time I was there without an adblocker running).

Edit: Don't turn your adblocker off to look, it hurts

Last edited: