Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Giga Berlin Permit Announcement Press Conference - Mar 04, 2022 - @avoigt twitter thread rollup
  • Breaking: Brandenburgs Minister Woitke announced the final construction permit for Giga Berlin has been issued and given to Tesla
  • Minister-President Woitke stated "The approval procedure was a mammoth task for us". Today in the special meeting was the 600 pages permit handed over to Tesla Woitke said. The production process can start after the conditions in it are met
  • Minister Steinbach explains the gravity of Giga Berlin for the region and that Brandenburg, a state that was not known before, is now high on the list of companies looking for an industrial settlement
  • Woitke stated that for Brandenburg "there is a time before Tesla and a time with Tesla". He stated that almost 3,000 employees are working already and daily new ones are added
  • Woidke continued to talk about renewable energy in Brandenburg, other local settlements in that industry segment and now talks about Ukraine
  • 400 conditions and requirements have been defined in the permit which are not many Minister Vogel said. The permit includes: 536 Pages permit 23,700 pages of application
  • Minister Vogel spoke about the issue of the approval process and that changes are needed to improve it. Tesla now has the task of meeting the requirements before they can start production
  • Q: What requirements? Answers: Requirements regarding the measurement of air quality, measuring devices must be installed and these must be controlled, the concept for the prevention of incidents must be submitted & proof of the use of materials, proof of construction status
  • Tesla plans to fulfill all requirements for a production start of Giga Berlin in 2 weeks. That would allow a start of production at March 19th
  • Minister Vogel confirms that the water supply legal case between WSE and them is totally independent of the water supply of Giga Berlin. New water supply for the region is already been investigated and planned he stated
  • Bloomberg asked about incremental project phases. Answer: As of now no new applications from Tesla have been filed. A second question if the given permit is timely limited was denied. Press Conference ended
End of thread.

Cheers!

Tesla holding up pretty well
Haha you and me see todays trading very differently. TSLA breaking down over the past 30 mins. MM’s have given up trying to keep it near 850. Going to solidly close below the 200 day barring a macro turnaround and that would mean TSLA is going to continue to be bearish and in a downtrend

Mm’s give up on keeping TSLA at max pain and down it goes.

Watch it’s going to end up down 2-3X the macros even though it was outperforming good then in the first hour.

Sure would be nice if MM’s put in the same effort as they do when they cap the stock on a macro 2% up day🙄

No mention of PE ratio.

Blink twice if you are okay.

Giga Berlin Permit Announcement Press Conference - Mar 04, 2022 - @avoigt twitter thread rollup
  • ... A second question if the given permit is timely limited was denied....
End of thread.

Cheers!
Can someone please explain? Was the question denied, or should it be read to mean "What would happen if the permit was time-limited", rather than "timely limited", or....????

Reactions: capster
OK, straight up, I'm NOT wanting this to be interpreted as a political post, so please don't take it as such.

Specifically, I want people to look at the COMMENTS SECTION of this article, about how tons of people on the opposite political side of most on this forum have been impressed by Musk and view him in a much better light. Some even report recently buying a Tesla specifically because of his actions.

Specifically because of Elon's actions, Tesla products are appealing to a much broader audience. THAT is very VERY bullish for TSLA if you ask me!

This is Elon's version of 'swipe right', and it's working! Progressives in the USA were always going to be early adopters of EVs. Elon has successfully changed the narrative on the other side of the spectrum, so that politics is no longer an obstacle to purchase.

Outstanding and well as shrewd social insight into the base for future Tesla sales. Got to get middle 'murica to swap their F250 4x4 diesel crew cabs (carrying 1 pax) for Cybertrucks. Do you really think its a coincidence that Cybertruck is BULLETPROOF?!

Well done, Elon! (u da man) :D

Cheers!

Curious. Does this mean Tesla stops producing vehicles until complete? Or are the cars being produced now still considered test vehicles that cant be sold or torn down and used for parts. Or is it until the requirements are me the cars must just sit and wait to be shipped.
The must not be sold to customers for legal reasons .. but can be used internally for "testing" .. i.e. give them to workers, use them to collect data for FSD, whatever.
Only after the 19.3. (planned) they can sell those if i understand the legalese correctly.
Would match with the "giving the first 30 produced to customers"-ceremony planned for the 22th.
Can someone please explain? Was the question denied, or should it be read to mean "What would happen if the permit was time-limited", rather than "timely limited", or....????
It was denied that the permission is time-limited. Tesla has an unlimited permission.

I’m on FPL’s all solar plan. Power comer from their latest solar field They are getting ready to build an enormous battery to replace peaker plants. FPL seems to be all in on solar.
It's the same for my young town with a huge FPL solar farm nearby. Every home garage has a NEMA 14-50 electrical outlet to charge an EV relatively quickly.

It always takes time for the market to digest excellent Tesla news.

On the other hand, I do not think it is a coincidence that Volkwagen is down 8% today.
image_2022-03-04_173834.png

well.. walmart is green at the moment (represents "brick & mortar" in my WL). All Auto (first 3 on the left & all on the right - except QS who is a battery-subsidiary to VW) are down HARD.
Normally EVs are UP, ICE down - or vice-versa. Today looks like yesterday - ALL established carmakers down 3-5% while tesla is "holding" (for being TSLA 🤷‍♀️).

Edit: the symbol next to XPEV is the hint for "Uptick-Rule triggered & in effect". They were down >10% yesterday.

On the other hand, I do not think it is a coincidence that Volkwagen is down 8% today.

Volkswagen has now closed its assembly plant in Russia, furlowing 6,000 workers. Also, 2 days ago they announced this:

"VW said last week it would halt production at its electric car factories in Zwickau and Dresden after a delay in getting parts from Ukraine."​

Not good for their EV production prospects. They are slipping further behind in the race to the future.