Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year was AGM on Sep-22-2020? This was after the split.
In 2020, did the BoD already have the authority by Aug-11-2020 for the 5:1 share count post-split?

AFAIK they didn't need to increase authorized shares at all for the previous split. They would for any more than a roughly 1.9:1 split now considering shares reserved for SBC.

Does anyone know what the status of the Model X is? I'm starting to think it may go the way it the Plaid+. Hard to believe it's just delayed for 6 months due to a refresh. Or maybe it's just the Plaid X that will go away and the Long Range Plus will go back into production (and just call it Long Range - "Plus" would seem irrelevant now).

Does anyone know what the status of the Model X is? I'm starting to think it may go the way it the Plaid+. Hard to believe it's just delayed for 6 months due to a refresh. Or maybe it's just the Plaid X that will go away and the Long Range Plus will go back into production (and just call it Long Range - "Plus" would seem irrelevant now).
They are proving the new battery pack, motors, wiring harness, components and software in the Model S.
The basic shape of the Model X and the falcon-wing-doors, will not change that much.

They do need to ramp a revised production process, and perhaps source some new parts, it may take a while, but I expect Model X sometime this year,

While unfortunate, these delays do help build demand, it is also important to get the product right.

All production ramps are similar, that is why revised versions of the Model Y form berlin and Austin will start with lower volumes,

Once production is ramped, it tends to flow smoothly, so ramping the Model X, should not overly disrupt Model S.

when I called Tesla Fremont earlier this week they gave me an estimate of late September for the delivery of our Plaid S. I inquired about the delivery date of a Plaid X should we decide to substitute a Plaid X for the Plaid X. I was told the delivery date for a Plaid X would likely be December for my place in line at the moment if I switched to a Plaid X.

when I called Tesla Fremont earlier this week they gave me an estimate of late September for the delivery of our Plaid S. I inquired about the delivery date of a Plaid X should we decide to substitute a Plaid X for the Plaid X. I was told the delivery date for a Plaid X would likely be December for my place in line at the moment if I switched to a Plaid X.

I feel like if you had asked three months ago, they would have said September for the X. I don’t think anybody knows. If it was at all close, we’d see more than two samples produced (so I’m not that optimistic on behalf of all the reservation holders with August estimated delivery). The fact that they showed it at the S delivery event suggests that it won’t be canceled, though -- nobody really expected to see the X there, so it would have been easy enough to omit if the future of the model was uncertain.

I have noticed that newly constructed building in the middle of the factory now has trailers parked on all 3 sides day and night...

Over the next 6-12 months we should see what impact the last phase of construction has on production rates.
Has Tesla started building a 4680 cell production line in Shanghai yet?

Has Tesla started building a 4680 cell production line in Shanghai yet?
No clear sign of it yet. The new building work next to the new casting are could be related to cell production but more likely other powertrain components since motors seem to be in critical shortage.

With CATL announcing the construction of a new 80GWh cell plant near Giga Shanghai, I expect that will be where 4680 going into MIC Tesla's will be made, along with LG plants. EXCLUSIVE Tesla supplier CATL plans a major battery plant in Shanghai -sources. There could also be some expectation with Chinese authorities around sourcing from local suppliers that would make Tesla more likely to work with external cell suppliers in China. That and a higher risk of IP loss in China for some of the more sensitive elements of Tesla's in-house 4680 production.

Wow…just an amazing re-affirmation of why wallstreet is so behind and how much I am in debt to this forum for what it has brought to my life. The community that Chris sees as his advantage is EXACTLY what we have as a collective. Dave strikes gold once again.

Ladies and gents, I love you all.

Probably the most valuable takeaway from the interview personally was the concept of "depth of passion". It matters the depth of passion people have for a product. And this is what TMC helped the most in the early days. I DM'ed a ton of people in 2012 asking for their early Model S ownership experiences, trying to find out how much better they liked the Model S compared to their previous vehicles. If it was only a marginal difference, I probably would have passed on TSLA as an investment. But overwhelmingly people displayed a super high depth of passion for their Teslas. This formed a lot of my confidence to go heavy in.

I spoke with Tesla Fremont again today regarding our Plaid S order. Ours was not ordered with the white seats nor the carbon fiber interior that Sawyer claimed ‘might’ have been contributing to delays, however it was ordered with 19” rims - which were a necessity for our Idaho travels to obtain more range due to lack of any Supercharging in the middle of our state. I was told that no Plaid S vehicles have yet been shipped with 19” rims due to lack of availability, however that situation has been corrected and we should see Model S Plaid inventory rolling on 19” rims very soon.
Congratulations, old friend!

I had no expectations that Sawyer was posting anything valuable for our order issues, but I imagine it got him a few more clicks.
Of course!! And don't forget.. moar followers :D

The amount of people who are willing to risk their entire wealth of 180 million dollars on ventures with less than 10% chance of success even with 80-120hrs of hard work week while raising 5 kids is about 1 out of 7.8 billion people.

No one else is insane enough to ever want to repeat it.
Elon has it all.
humanitarian motivation
self learner
genius level IQ
horizontal academic knowledges with micromanaging physics problem solving capacity
entrepreneurial personality
aspergers with the capacity to discard useless players but being socially adapted at the same time
mental strength to turn his father psychological abuse and school bullies into positive strength to endure starting 2 business most likely to fail, managed to resist the mental strain of the 2008 crisis and was willing to sacrifice his whole personal wealth to keep the 2 companies most likely to change mankind for the greater
capacity to endure weeks of extreme workloads

Nikola Tesla and Albert Einstein did not have the entrepreneurial side
Edison did not have the humanitarian side
Oppenheimer is probably the one with the closest capacity to micromanage all the chemistry, physics and integrated mathematics problem as he showed in the Manhattan project as other physicist reported. However the world situation was different.
Von Neumann had the greatest mind of all time to solve unresolved theorem in pure mathematics and probably had the greatest IQ however did not have en engineering side.
Newton was a unable to sustain a daily conversation and Einstein was a great humanitarian , both could go on with multiple days of sleepless nights and work for more than 72hours straight when working on their theorem.

thats why I will put all the money I have available into Musk companies.

I have the luck to be able to endure extreme workload and can subsequently invest everything I am able to make into Musk endeavours. And I am just smart enough to understand that it’s the right thing to do ;)

Loving how these drops are pre-announced and coming at midnight. Allows for Vlogger's to be prepared and the videos look sexier.
Also:
1627199188162.png

Loving how these drops are pre-announced and coming at midnight. Allows for Vlogger's to be prepared and the videos look sexier.
Also:
View attachment 687949
Anticipation of pleasure is among the greatest pleasures, and is by far the longest lasting pleasure.

Owning TSLA can be a lifelong anticipation of pleasure. Coupled with spurts of actual pleasure. The frustration when the actual pleasure is temporarily deferred needs to be managed, though.