Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well you know that MMs always work hard to 'fill-the-gap' (applies mostly to gaps up, like this morning).

Once that's out of the way, let's see how much buying interest materializes. It's close to the Plaid delivery event, but I suspect still too far for 'sell-the news'.

I notice the Upper-BB is at a conveniently tempting 637.47 right now...

View attachment 670873

Cheers!
The Upper-BB at only 637 is a problem, because we never bust through it very far or for more than a few days without a pullback. This means that getting to 700+ quickly is going to be difficult.

To anyone worried about the impact of switching to subscriptions, take a look at how Adobe's stock has performed once they switched from single purchase to cloud-based subscriptions (in April 2012).

It's a different product but the same principles apply - the adoption of autopilot is going to explode over the next 5 years and Tesla's earnings will be much more stable and predictable. This also allows more risk-adverse investors to join the party :)

1623160385469.png

On average 200,000 American viewers watch CNBC, rising to about 250,000 to 300,000 during popular programs like Fast Money Half Time Report, The Exchange and Closing Bell, but dropping to 140,000 during a program like Squawk Box. In a huge country of 330 million people that is - excusez le mot - laughable. In a puny country like The Netherlands programs get cancelled when they draw less than 400,000 or 500,000 viewers. Might be a good idea for this channel too.

Also, almost none of the viewers are under age 50. Rob Mauer's daily videos get 80-180k viewers, I'd bet he has 3-5x the coveted under 55 viewers CNBC does.

Legacy media is dead.

I agree that range is king for road trippers in EV's today, but that is only due to the scarcity of chargers off the interstates currently. As the charging network along minor roads becomes much more fleshed out range will become less and less crucial

Charging speed is more important IMHO. If Tesla can make charging stops as fast as filling up a tank, if not faster, that is the final nail in the ICE coffin. If I can't charge overnight at my destination, then I need either one longish 40-45 minute charge or two 15 minute charges to travel 300 miles given speed and wind conditions. I do a 300 mile each way trip several times a year, and I'd love to be able to either make one 10 minute stop (super fast charging), or zero stops (extra long range battery)

Reactions: FireMedic
To anyone worried about the impact of switching to subscriptions, take a look at how Adobe's stock has performed once they switched from single purchase to cloud-based subscriptions (in April 2012).

It's a different product but the same principles apply - the adoption of autopilot is going to explode over the next 5 years and Tesla's earnings will be much more stable and predictable. This also allows more risk-adverse investors to join the party :)

View attachment 670874
THIS!
This has been my go-to reference for the impact of subscription FSD. Lots of complaints and promises of switching product and swearing off Adobe forever. Then they came out with the Photographers Subscription, $9.99/mo which was hugely reasonable and gave the two most needed products in their lineup (for photographers) at a incredibly fair price.
Subscription is the only way to guarantee that development will continue. So many "cottage" software products early on in the digital (photography) revolution swore that purchase gave a lifetime of updates, forever. Well, they saturated their sales and saw all income drop to a trickle. Solution? New product! Better than old product, but new price and subscription update only!
Been there, seen that. Please keep it ~$100/month and get max participation, Tesla.

Is accepting a different position necessarily a demotion?

Based on what I have read so far, it seems that most have been leaning towards the move to be a demotion.
Upto each one to evaluate this since we are on the outside. I am leaning towards it being a demotion. Seems Jerome felt the same way as well....

(+Just a few mths back, folks were saying Jerome would be a good fit for CEO should EM decide to leave ....)

THIS!
This has been my go-to reference for the impact of subscription FSD. Lots of complaints and promises of switching product and swearing off Adobe forever. Then they came out with the Photographers Subscription, $9.99/mo which was hugely reasonable and gave the two most needed products in their lineup (for photographers) at a incredibly fair price.
Subscription is the only way to guarantee that development will continue. So many "cottage" software products early on in the digital (photography) revolution swore that purchase gave a lifetime of updates, forever. Well, they saturated their sales and saw all income drop to a trickle. Solution? New product! Better than old product, but new price and subscription update only!
Been there, seen that. Please keep it ~$100/month and get max participation, Tesla.
I just noticed your Avatar. How did you get a selfie with Krugerrand on his Island?!?

Based on what I have read so far, it seems that most have been leaning towards the move to be a demotion.
Upto each one to evaluate this since we are on the outside. I am leaning towards it being a demotion. Seems Jerome felt the same way as well....
So with 1 data point, everything else is speculation, and speculation on top of that speculation... so I wouldn't suggest that the the predominance of opinion is anything close to well-informed.

View attachment 670874
Yep. I’m sure I spend more on yearly subs for Creative Cloud and Office than I used to pay for occasional upgrades. Now it’s just an ongoing deductible business expense.

So with 1 data point, everything else is speculation, and speculation on top of that speculation... so I wouldn't suggest that the the predominance of opinion is anything close to well-informed.

Consider it an inference.
Sure one data point. But We have been working and have run into similar situations in our own experiences.

e.g.
Someone leaves job on their own -- conclusion, he must have found a better job, won the lottery, taking a break
Someone gets fired -- did not meet company expectations, company is down-sizing
Someone given a lateral move, and then quits --- he did not like the lateral move. (happens all the time, I have done it my self)

So yes single data point. But this is data point from everyday life experiences ...

(+ personally don't care, life happens. For every 1 that leaves, there must be 100's wanting to take their place, and prove how good they are)

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
Charging speed is more important IMHO. If Tesla can make charging stops as fast as filling up a tank, if not faster, that is the final nail in the ICE coffin. If I can't charge overnight at my destination, then I need either one longish 40-45 minute charge or two 15 minute charges to travel 300 miles given speed and wind conditions. I do a 300 mile each way trip several times a year, and I'd love to be able to either make one 10 minute stop (super fast charging), or zero stops (extra long range battery)
Agreed in CA charging speed is more important. Not so much in the central states where SCs are widely spaced--range is king. An out of service SC is the difference between going on a trip or cancelling. If Tesla starts building more SC locations in the central states, then speed becomes more important. Right now there are few new locations shown. (To be fair, the east-west routes are not bad but north-south SC locations are sadly lacking.)

Consider it an inference.
Sure one data point. But We have been working and have run into similar situations in our own experiences.

e.g.
Someone leaves job on their own -- conclusion, he must have found a better job, won the lottery, taking a break
Someone gets fired -- did not meet company expectations, company is down-sizing
Someone given a lateral move, and then quits --- he did not like the lateral move. (happens all the time, I have done it my self)

So yes single data point. But this is data point from everyday life experiences ...
And I am aware of folks who have eschewed "higher" management positions in order to do more hands-on engineering, or who have left "Senior" positions in order to work on an exciting focused project.

So, the bottom line is we don't have enough data to know... yet there seems to be eagerness to jump to negative conclusions... which I'm sure TSLAQ doesn't mind...

Well you know that MMs always work hard to 'fill-the-gap' (applies mostly to gaps up, like this morning).

Once that's out of the way, let's see how much buying interest materializes. It's close to the Plaid delivery event, but I suspect still too far for 'sell-the news'.

I notice the Upper-BB is at a conveniently tempting 637.47 right now...

View attachment 670873

Cheers!

@Todd Burch

Mischief managed: Gap to yesterday's Intraday High of 610.00 was closed by 10:25:30 a.m.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-06-08.10-25.50.png

Now sitting right at the 10-Day Moving Average. let's see if they go for the MA(200) or if buying interest takes over. :D

Cheers!