Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correction, this appears to be implying consensus is +0.37 PROFIT per share, which is conveniently out of line with Tesla’s guidance. seems engineered for guaranteed “miss” headlines.

Doesn't this say the FactSet consensus is + $0.37 EPS for Q1?

Indeed, thanks for the correction, I totally didn't expect anyone to project a Q1 profit after Elon warned that Q1 will post a loss.

How can the Q1 consensus be profits??? SMH.

Regarding Elon changes his mind a lot thus he doesn't know what he is doing:

Bezos went on to explain that the smartest people he's observed were always "revising their understanding, reconsidering a problem they thought they'd already solved. They're open to new points of view, new information, new ideas, contradictions, and challenges to their own way of thinking," Fried recalls.

In short, smart people (a.k.a. those who are "right a lot"), change their minds — a lot.

Nothing is definite

Jeff Bezos: People who are 'right a lot' make decisions differently than everyone else—here's how

Nonsense.

If you don't have the same views on everything since birth you are a flip-flopper.

You must be referring to the surprise of an updated Roadster rolling out at the end of the Semi-Truck event in November 2017. Which leads one to wonder if there could be any surprises tomorrow at the Model Y event. A Pickup Truck? Something else? Guesses are welcome.
Solar roof finally ready for mass production? Not a surprise but it would be nice.

Even though I rated this funny:

IF one followed these two "Analysts" and their rating, pricing and timing over the last years, it's becoming more and more obvious, that they simply might follow an agenda and/or using their stuff to influence the stock.

How did we end up here, letting outsiders move* the stock of a company over and over again?

Sigh...

*Edit "or try to";)

Their firms are always heavily involved whenever Tesla is in the market for fresh funds. In those cases a low Tesla share price at the time of a deal enhances its potential profitability for those firms and their clients.

IMO new increased range/performance for the X and S, which have not been upgraded since the P100D launched about 2.5 years ago. P120D at the very least. It would explain the recent massive price cut of the P100D models — to make room in the $130k price range for a new flagship battery.

Lol, Tesla is NOT going to upstage the Model Y at its unvealing event.

That'd be like inviting Celine Dione to perform at your daughter's Sweet 16 party. The Y's the Star of this show!

Cheers!

I’m planning on purchasing a decked out steampunk, blade runner pickup

Thanks, that “steampunk” word captures the image I have based on the teasers from Elon: something similar to the Semi cab with a bed bolted on. And if so it won’t at all be a competitor to high end F-150s, but instead be something for the Hummer set that wants larger. And that means that Rivian will take the EV segment of the high-end F-150 market if they get there first. If I am not mistaken, EM has said that he doesn’t expect a lot of folks to like his monster pickup, and that would make a traditional pickup “later”.

So now I am wondering whether the EM steampunk pickup teasers might be intentional exaggeration to throw competitors off-balance, and that his first pickup will indeed be more like a cross between an F-150 and the off-road capabilities of a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, which would hit my piece of the market right on the money and be serious competition to the Rivian R1T.

My understanding is that the EV Pickup/RV/Off-Road marked is HUGE, and not one that the MY will overlap much. Which means there is a huge upside to Tesla offering something that mainstream will buy, not just the Hummer set. Will be great fun to watch, and I hope a huge upside for growth and SP.

Someone up thread suggested using PBS as a place to put Ads. Brought to you by the Tesla/Musk Foundation with a link to Tesla.com.

One problem is that I hate the current Tesla website. When you open the page your greeted with "order now". They need to start with an option for information about the company and its products. A tab for "About Tesla" and "FAQ's" would be great for people just trying to learn the basics. There could be links to brief videos answering key questions such as:
  • What is Tesla? Include history and mission.
  • What does Tesla make. Include links to more details about each product.
  • Where do I go to get service?
  • What is AP/FSD and what is Tesla's involvement?
  • Where can I see a car?
  • Where can I get a test drive?
  • (Finally) How do I order my car?
  • etc.
  • etc.
If you agree, how do we make this happen?

The top of the web page has most of those things already.
banner.PNG

"Visit a store" is right under the order button.

Thanks, that “steampunk” word captures the image I have based on the teasers from Elon: something similar to the Semi cab with a bed bolted on.
The semi cab is sleek, the exact opposite of what I consider "steampunk" to be. Steampunk is usually an application of over the top unnecessary appendages, pretty much the opposite of an aerodynamic EV.

133.jpg

Will it be FCF positive even with the bond repayment?

Edit:FCF is not what I thought it was, thanks @Fact Checking

OT Boring:

Las Vegas would beg to differ on the usefulness of the Boring Company. Traditional systems would distupt the use of the area durung construction.
Elon Musk's Boring Company is Building a Loop for Las Vegas | Digital Trends

So, would this open the possibility of amending amending the original settlement? (Similar to one side saying the wrong thing and allowing the other to address issues that would otherwise be out of bounds (say for instance SEC harm to stockholders v.s. "the tweet's") )
FC, or anyone: I've been away.. No way I can catch up but would be very appreciative if someone could cite the judge's ruling for me. TIA.

.. leads one to wonder if there could be any surprises tomorrow at the Model Y event. A Pickup Truck? Something else? Guesses are welcome.
I love hanging out on secluded limbs, so for my go, and because of the timing of the rock tweet and truck showing up:
twbM4kv.png

Keeping in mind the Rock is (or was? I don't keep up) Ford's "Ambassador of Ford Service"
I expect to be all alone out here on this limb, no worries... but I'll go with our elusive Ford Tesla merger(elon/rock merged.img^) at last with an electric f150 to blast away the rivian threat to Ford. (all those Rivian Pre-orders must irk ford)
Or it's a Tesla pickup (mid-sized threat to industry not the 1%r toy just yet) and I'll finally be able to sell some of my stock to actually buy one straight up since we'll all be swimming in pools of gold like scrooge mcduck.
I know you'll all tell me what a noob I am and that it's impossible because of xyz, but it was a fun thought at least for a couple days.

Lol, Tesla is NOT going to upstage the Model Y at its unvealing event.

That'd be like inviting Celine Dione to perform at your daughter's Sweet 16 party. The Y's the Star of this show!...
I believe showing a refreshed and way more expensive model S isn't gonna hurt model Y spotlights. Different target audience. (And would also prove the naysayers that model S price was slaughtered because of demand lacking.)

Consider this as having Katy Perry invited for your daughter's sweet 16 and also have Celine Dion charming the parents

It's so absurd that I've decided that the best strategy is just to ignore it.
Seems to be Tesla’s strategy as well.

If the Koch’s can be Public television saints, it really shouldn’t be hard to have a sponsorship ad for Tesla to drive home why Tesla exists. I doubt most people know the underlying purpose.
Sorry for the USA centric reply. Assume other countries have staid national news and public service tv stations.

Reactions: Lucky_Man