Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the last thing Elon wants is a mega corporation not on the same page. He likes to acquire small companies in which it's much easier to change a few dozen employee's corporate mindset. But a corporation with hundreds of thousands of employees not hand picked by the Tesla team? No thanks. That's just baggage.

I concur, especially if there's labor union involved, things will move far slower and costs so much in nearly everything.

I actually took a look at the Options chain and was tempted to gamble 100 shares in selling a covered call for a quick $500. Then decided against it because it breaks my rule for playing in the options game.

Well glad I didn't sell that options contract. Tesla stock would have been called away. Over $600. My rule on covered calls remains in tact.

81sx8xeFxcL._RI_.jpg

GM may just be crazy like a fox. Imagine how, next, it will be the same requirement for keeping a Chevrolet sign at the dealership location? This may be part of a strategy to rid themselves of a significant portion of the ponderous dealer network by getting the dealers to choose to bail.

Brilliant! Then, they can move to an online sales model that is tied to their resulting dealer/service/charging network that starts to look a lot like Tesla's business plan. Only, GM already has the locations staked out, even if owned by third parties.

Putting a little more thought (dreams?) into this, imagine Tesla then picking up closed GM dealerships on prime, easy on/off highway frontage and installing Superchargers, Diners, Showrooms, Service Centers and such in order to expand their footprint.

GM may just be crazy like a fox. Imagine how, next, it will be the same requirement for keeping a Chevrolet sign at the dealership location? This may be part of a strategy to rid themselves of a significant portion of the ponderous dealer network by getting the dealers to choose to bail.

Brilliant! Then, they can move to an online sales model that is tied to their resulting dealer/service/charging network that starts to look a lot like Tesla's business plan. Only, GM already has the locations staked out, even if owned by third parties.
Don’t forget the ever-present irony. GM would then team up with Tesla to blow up the laws in states that prevent non-franchise sales.

CNBC stock chart shows after hour trade volume of 7,379,896 at 4PM, 5,253,1146 at 4:02PM, and 5,252,348 at 4:27PM. That's over 17 million shares. I wonder if perhaps some $600 call option holders executed. Volume of those calls were 120,167 today. If purchased today with intent to execute then that would certainly be a good way to get tens of millions of shares. (not sure on the impact of buying those calls would have on the stock price during market hours)

TSLA: Tesla Inc - Stock Price, Quote and News - CNBC

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    56 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
CNBC stock chart shows after hour trade volume of 7,379,896 at 4PM, 5,253,1146 at 4:02PM, and 5,252,348 at 4:27PM. That's over 17 million shares. I wonder if perhaps some $600 call option holders executed. Volume of those calls were 120,167 today. If purchased today with intent to execute then that would certainly be a good way to get tens of millions of shares with almost no impact to the share price during market hours.

TSLA: Tesla Inc - Stock Price, Quote and News - CNBC

The SP never got above $600 during market open. I see the current after hours SP is right at $600.

In this case, would $600 calls get exercised after market closes? I guess I'm asking how options get closed out in this scenario.