Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Texas doesn't have income taxes, which could be substantial on his Tesla capital gains. It also has high real estate taxes. Good thing he doesn't personally own houses any more. I think he stays in an Airstream at the rocket factory.
Elon will probably just set up shop in Giga Texas factory as his residence :)

What a joke...

8DB7E678-D1D2-4E07-A6B9-1AB3F87E191A.jpeg

But the folks at ARK invest have suggested that starting a ride hailing network with drivers could be the ultimate strategy. And I really don’t think TSLA is ready to go it alone with robotaxis. A partnership in this regard could be beneficial imho.
Until the FSD is ready, you get high mileage teslas on the road and develop the network in preparation for Robo taxi. Just a thought experiment I’m running through.
I think ARK Invest is correct about starting with drivers but Tesla doesn't need Uber to do this.

Uber is the "giant" they are going to slay.

WSJ - 13 minutes ago: WSJ News Exclusive | About 150 U.S. Cadillac Dealers to Exit Brand, Rather Than Sell Electric Cars.

Excerpt:

About 150 General Motors Co. dealers have decided to part ways with Cadillac, rather than invest in costly upgrades required to sell electric cars, according to people familiar with the plans, indicating some retailers are skeptical about making the pivot to battery-powered vehicles.

GM recently gave Cadillac dealers a choice: Accept a buyout offer to exit the brand or spend roughly $200,000 on dealership upgrades -- including charging stations and repair tools -- to get their stores ready to sell electric vehicles, these people said.

The buyout offers ranged from around $300,000 to more than $1 million, the people familiar with the effort added. About 17% of Cadillac's 880 U.S. dealerships agreed to take the offer to end their franchise agreements for the luxury brand, these people said.

I am paying Tesla $153/mo for 2 Model S. One driver. (There have been some COVID refund checks)
In California Bay Area. $100/ month for PM3, LRX, and a Mercedes R350 (that never moves anymore) 2 drivers.
VS. $210/month with same 2 drivers in cabrio 335i, ram 1500, and aforementioned R350 with farmers.

There's an article on Teslarati about potential 'merger' partners. I'll leave that discussion for others but there's a paragraph that seems to relate to the brief discussion yesterday about whether shareholder voting was necessary to create more shares.

It says the board can approve an extra 20% of shares without shareholders voting on this.

If this is correct there should be no problem doing a 2:1 split while also have room for Elons and other employees new shares as well as a pretty big acquisition if so desired. Not that any of this may happen but the possibility is there.

Either way seems like something that would be brought to a vote at the next annual meeting.

The news agency added that acquiring Daimler would actually be pretty easy for Tesla. This is because under US stock-exchange rules, Tesla would require shareholder approval if it sought to increase its outstanding shares by over 20%. Given that the electric car maker has a market cap of about $560 billion today, Tesla could, at least in theory, purchase a company worth $100 billion without Elon Musk asking for permission.
-------- end quote

There's an article on Teslarati about potential 'merger' partners. I'll leave that discussion for others but there's a paragraph that seems to relate to the brief discussion yesterday about whether shareholder voting was necessary to create more shares.

It says the board can approve an extra 20% of shares without shareholders voting on this.

If this is correct there should be no problem doing a 2:1 split while also have room for Elons and other employees new shares as well as a pretty big acquisition if so desired. Not that any of this may happen but the possibility is there.

Either way seems like something that would be brought to a vote at the next annual meeting.

The news agency added that acquiring Daimler would actually be pretty easy for Tesla. This is because under US stock-exchange rules, Tesla would require shareholder approval if it sought to increase its outstanding shares by over 20%. Given that the electric car maker has a market cap of about $560 billion today, Tesla could, at least in theory, purchase a company worth $100 billion without Elon Musk asking for permission.
-------- end quote

I think the last thing Elon wants is a mega corporation not on the same page. He likes to acquire small companies in which it's much easier to change a few dozen employee's corporate mindset. But a corporation with hundreds of thousands of employees not hand picked by the Tesla team? No thanks. That's just baggage.