Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trying to charge me for front suspension repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is a TSB and why would it matter?
Technical Service Bulletin. Car manufacterers create them for things that they know are wrong with their cars to get fixed.

Typically TSBs only get applied under warranty. If you're under warranty, it should be free, if not, it shouldn't.

OP, is there a TSB out for your specific problem?

For someone to provide a useful answer to your question, you need to provide more information.

When did you purchase your car? New or CPO? How many miles? What was the nature of the problem that necessitated installing those parts?

Information, please.
Parts list includes

washer
nut
bolt
fr susp aft link assy

Should this be covered by a TSB?

What tesla is telling me is that control arm bushings are worn

The tsb pertains to control arm issues

The parts list recommended have a lot of overlap.
You haven't told us your mileage, CPO, original owner, private party, etc... those details help us understand your situation better. If you're out of warranty, a TSB doesn't matter. If you're in warranty it's a document that guides a warranty repair

In my experience, I find the folks at the service center to be quick to tell me if they can handle anything under warranty. I don't even need to ask them. I've not had to question if something was, they are first to tell me if they can. I believe if they could have covered your repair under warranty, they would immediately and let you know they could. Its a totally different service experience that the traditional auto dealership mentality.

Reactions: RichardD
I bought second hand. Looks like the TSB was performed in January 2014 but the control arms were not replaced.
Was it the same issue in 2014? If so, one argument for coverage was that the underlying cause was never fixed, resulting in the current failure. You might be able to push for a goodwill fix based on that.

But you didn't post many details on what you're experiencing now, nor what happened in 2014, so it's hard to say.