Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla trying to charge me for front suspension repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting twist. Took my car to another (non Tesla) mechanic to have a look at the front control arms and was told they are fine. Nothing wrong with them.

It does make me wonder whether Tesla dealerships are accustomed to 'overtreatment', especially for cars under warranty.

They over-treat, to the extent MCU's fail and people pay ~$5k to replace what is sometimes speculated to be rebuilt/refurb units. Over-treatment on the control arms is arguably worth it.

The control arms got better around the time AWD showed up, I think. They're jointed, instead of rubber bushed. I'd happily pay the ~$500, to swap those parts even if not worn. I think Tesla should sell them direct to customers. What you describe does not sound like the ball joint in the upper A-arm, that caused a suspension to disconnect last ~June (dirt roads).