Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Tattler Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tattler Version 117 available

If Scott doesn't respond right away, you might want to hang in there... I happen to know he is in the process of moving.

Yes. New job starts 1/16, moving to Palo Alto, under the weather, traveling, girlfriend visiting, friends from back east visiting... :smile:

Version 117 has been sent out. If you are an owner you should have received it via eamil (check spam). No major changes. Richard added checks for owner phone for COOL HERE/WHERE commands.

-Scott

New Disclaimer: The Tattler is not a Tesla [Motors] product. Tesla neither endorses nor withholds endorsement of the Tattler.

Last edited:
Feature request.... I recall that Scott said the Tattler can do anything the VDS can do. Can you allow us access to the Homelink button on the VDS? Had a scenario where the family was coming home from the airport in a cab w/ Roadster in the garage. Would have been nice to text the car to open the garage door as we were pulling up instead of having to open the front door (front door is away from the driveway so it's a bit of a trek).

Feature request.... I recall that Scott said the Tattler can do anything the VDS can do. Can you allow us access to the Homelink button on the VDS? Had a scenario where the family was coming home from the airport in a cab w/ Roadster in the garage. Would have been nice to text the car to open the garage door as we were pulling up instead of having to open the front door (front door is away from the driveway so it's a bit of a trek).

Now that's an odd feature... but oddly enough I would also find that useful, but for different reasons.

Feature request.... I recall that Scott said the Tattler can do anything the VDS can do. Can you allow us access to the Homelink button on the VDS?

Super easy. Coded it up and tested it while watching a movie... I've sent version 118 with this feature to the tattler group email. I don't have homelink in my 2.5 so I only tested it with my sim. The sim is pretty good so it should work. But save a copy of 117 just in case. The command is HOME <1/2/3>.

I'm working on a couple of new features that I should have out in a couple of weeks. I'm open to feature requests since I'm already in the code...

Super easy. Coded it up and tested it while watching a movie... I've sent version 118 with this feature to the tattler group email. I don't have homelink in my 2.5 so I only tested it with my sim. The sim is pretty good so it should work. But save a copy of 117 just in case. The command is HOME <1/2/3>.

I'm working on a couple of new features that I should have out in a couple of weeks. I'm open to feature requests since I'm already in the code...

Wow, that was fast.

2.5's don't have homelink???

Wow, thank you! However, like Bonnie I didn't get an e-mail.

To Doug's question I think Homelink required the premium audio in 2.5's.

I also have a question (or possibly a request). I've never tried the following so it may already do this but here's my request...

For the charge monitor I don't want scheduled (every 30 mins or whatever) updates, but I would like to know if the charge stopped before it was finished (ie I'm charging in public and someone unplugged the cable while charging).

Also, can I get a text if the alarm goes off (ie someone's breaking into the car)?