Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Tattler Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this seems like a very interesting add-on.a few quick questions:

do you have a description and/or photo of the tattler hardware?
where does the tattler live when it is plugged into the diagnostic port?
the lock function presumably only locks/unlocks the car itself, not the doors (i am imagining a sort of keyless entry via SMS/tattler :)

I have terrible ATT service in Northern Minnesota and have always had better Verizon reception both there and on the way to Red Wing and into Wisconsin. When going to the NAMM convention in Anaheim my ATT service is absolutely crushed at dinner time. No texting or calls are possible on ATT there. The network is completely overloaded. In my apartment building in Uptown, Minneapolis there is rarely more than one bar of signal on my ATT phone and it dies in the elevator and is useless in the garage. On the other hand, my Verizon phone works fine even 2 floors underground.

Cooldown doesn't heat the battery. I'll add a HEAT command to the new features list.
To heat the battery I do the same thing that I do to cool the battery. I charge it at 16A for 20-40 minutes. That's why I thought your cooldown command might work to heat it. You must be monitoring the actual battery temperature and shutting down the charge when it gets below a certain temp or when the fans turn off. If you add this feature (HEAT) I'd be happy to buy a tattler and help you test it.

Hello Scott....
Great work ...... how do i get one???:smile:
First post:

scott451 said:
attachment.php?attachmentid=3152&d=1318847690.png

Thanks for that. I didn't know I could slave the Tattler to my phone so I just dropped a SIM in the mail to you today.

Any reco for permanent install location? Could the Tattler itself be hidden somewhere and then get a USB extension cable to put the modem where it can receive signal?

Thanks for that. I didn't know I could slave the Tattler to my phone so I just dropped a SIM in the mail to you today.

Any reco for permanent install location? Could the Tattler itself be hidden somewhere and then get a USB extension cable to put the modem where it can receive signal?
Yes. Tomsax did a nice install in the driver side door jam with a usb extension cable to the modem hidden under the instrument binnacle.

Yes. Tomsax did a nice install in the driver side door jam with a usb extension cable to the modem hidden under the instrument binnacle.

I have my modem under the binnacle, with a USB cable that runs behind the seat where the Tattler is currently hidden.

I plan to move it under the driver side door jam (there's space at the front) in due course. For now I want easy access to it in case Scott needs me to do something to it (firmware update, etc.).

Last edited: