Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, also no difference for adaptive high beam, but I think it is allright as it is now, no one blinked at me yet and I always get back from work when it is already dark. Maybe they are just too scared to blink at me though... But this crossing double centreline is bad and dangerous, and I see no particular reason for it.

My wifi in the car keeps disconnecting from my home wifi, and a couple of times early this morning when i got back home it was prompting for the wifi password, seemingly unable to connect. Then it comes good again after i re-enter the password.
Was doing the same for home wifi and hotspotted phones and everything else on those networks has been solid as.

Might need to put in a service request for connectivity issues

v2024.8.9
[sorry - I’ve always wanted to do this]

IMG_3236.gif

but seriously, turning everything off and on again could help

[sorry - I’ve always wanted to do this]

View attachment 1044131

but seriously, turning everything off and on again could help
It’s all seemingly working heaps better with the new software.
My phone seems to have a similar phenomenon.. runs well and then one day goes to custard.. few days later a new update comes out and it’s all fixed.

Might be coincidence.

It just teaches me to ride out that wave of frustration with more acceptance and non attachment to how something “should be” haha.

Reactions: Jules22
My phone seems to have a similar phenomenon.. runs well and then one day goes to custard.. few days later a new update comes out and it’s all fixed.

Might be coincidence.

It just teaches me to ride out that wave of frustration with more acceptance and non attachment to how something “should be” haha.
I think the coincidence is the update does a full reboot/restart of everything so clearing out any stuck gremlins… Id try the hard reboot on your phone as well when those things happen - much less frustrating than waiting for an update (although updates are more frequent these days)

Might be coincidence.

of all the frustrations that undoubtedly occur, my wifi reaches across the road and a few doors down - which I proved yesterday installing the update

Reactions: dronus
Yeah i am still uncomfortable using it. mainly when there are cars in the distance and the lights haven't dimmed.
I probably think about it too much, lots of people do things they don't care about the effect on other people but I'm kind of the opposite haha.

Ill try them again out on the open road, but in the 'hood its just going to get me shanked.

I've never had a car with them, so it seemed pretty good for me, had a 20 minute drive through the Dandenongs that I had to do that night anyway so gave it a good test. Seems like the pixels are quite large, are they smaller on other vehicles? Always though the headlights have like dim spots in them, like lines of missing pixels even before hand.

I am guessing they were not that distracting to other drivers, because I never got the up yours flash from other drivers.

Reactions: dronus
So it also does these background checks over cellular (but needed me to connect to wifi to download the update).
Yes, indeed. You can even check for updates over cellular while driving. Like I used to do... every day... until I got over it.

Take your phone out of your pocket when washing the car if you have auto boot open on.
I kept triggering it which isn’t a big deal but it does disrupt the workflow
Does car wash mode disable the auto-boot?

Or locking the car manually via the phone?

I had some rain today and can say for certain that on this occasion the wipers were much worse than they were on update 2024.8.9. I was driving on M1 on AP (TACC + Lane keep) set to speed limit 100. Then rain started and as it is in QLD often it started bucketing down. The auto wipers started to wipe on slow interval. One wipe per 5 sec or so. Was almost impossible to see through. I figured, I would wait and see if it speeds up wipers. It kept that going for about 1 minute and then the car started slowing down. The car and popped up a message that due to low visibility AP speed has been reduced. It did not even try to speed up the wipers. So I manually set wipers on 3 and the car resumed the AP speed back to 100 as by a miracle using the wipers at higher speed increased the visibility back to almost normal. That algorithm that decides wiper speed needs some serious help. At least now its really easy to increase wiper speed without having to let go of the steering wheel :)

The pace of 2024.14.3 updates is picking up on Teslafi. Australia vastly overrepresented, too. So that's good news for all of you still waiting.

Alas, not a single FSD version has it installed... so definitely not a fluke, this update is not for FSD cars. So if you've paid extra, you're not getting extra this time around.

The pace of 2024.14.3 updates is picking up on Teslafi. Australia vastly overrepresented, too. So that's good news for all of you still waiting.

Alas, not a single FSD version has it installed... so definitely not a fluke, this update is not for FSD cars. So if you've paid extra, you're not getting extra this time around.
Not sure if you meant the US versions of FSD, but I was one of the first to receive it and I have FSD

IMG_2902.jpeg
We drove to Brisbane today to check out the new performance in person and there is an average speed camera going both directions on our trip. On the way down it worked perfectly. See the attached photo. On the way back though it had the visual warning and chime that we were entering and then leaving the average speed zone but no progress bar came up on the screen like it did on way down. So seems a bit hit and miss.