Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
today I noticed the icon for a speed camera for the first time
it's the one on Homebush Bay Drive oppposite DFO
I was driving through the Westconnex tunnel, but no camera was shown there
I'm fairly certain there would be one
I am still yet to see a single camera icon in my Tesla. Have done over a 1000km since 2024.8.9 update around Gold Coast and north NSW. Plenty of cameras around, However, the car just does not show them on the map. Will have to see if the next update changes that.

We hired 3 KIA Sorento's for our drive yourself holiday in NZ recently. All 3 reported audibly on speed cameras and the like. But, if you asked me which car is better to drive, the decisions isn't even close. Out MYLR is streets ahead in almost every other aspect. Ypu'd think it wasn't too hard for Tesla's engineers to add audible alerts. This mucking around with Waze sucks.

Reactions: dronus
We hired 3 KIA Sorento's for our drive yourself holiday in NZ recently. All 3 reported audibly on speed cameras and the like. But, if you asked me which car is better to drive, the decisions isn't even close. Out MYLR is streets ahead in almost every other aspect. Ypu'd think it wasn't too hard for Tesla's engineers to add audible alerts. This mucking around with Waze sucks.
Some of the things they skip over implementing should really be simple to implement and massive improvement for customer experience that they just ignore. A few years ago there was a moment that raised hopes they might implement the passenger seat profile presets.
Tesla looking to add passenger seat presets
Would be such a simple thing that would make life so much easier for many. However it appears to have fizzled out :(
Instead they work on adding a new game or more gimmicks that are just one time show off things rather than make your life easier daily.

Reactions: Vostok
A lot of folk might roll their eyes at such an old-school wish, but it would be nice if a Tesla software update included an MP4 player to complement its audio player. So old fuddy duddies could play USB stored video content when the car is in park, if they wanted to.

Elon did hint at doing it many years ago but it never happened. Else open the Tesla App Store and someone will port VLC!

Snippets don't necessarily go anywhere, greentheonly had also discovered code a few years ago that detected other Tesla's model and colour, with the assumption they would be shown differently, but nothing has seemingly come of that.
Of course, it's only a hint at things they are working on, never any guarantee they'll make the light of day.

Depends on how much work vs how much benefit. I think adding audio alerts will definitely come as it's little work for great benefit, the other changes involve work but also will make the system so much better than Waze or anything else out there that the cost/benefit may pay off.

Reactions: dronus