Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From various people who had done lots of tests before Tesla started including drives. the recommendations were.

1. An SSD - like the Samsung T5 or T7
2. An adapter (eg SanDisk MobileMate) and dashcam/CCTV grade SD card - generally referred to as High Endurance or Pro series.

Your basic USB stick drive is designed for occasional usage, not continuous recording.
The Tesla one is just a rebadged Samsung afaik, and can be had for cheaper in its original form

Its no doubt better quality than a cheap stick,
But I'd jump on to Amazon and buy an adapter and pro grade SD card instead.
My current USB drive is the Samsung T5 SSD, and acts exactly same as the others. So will test without that Jeda HUB and Wireless charger drawing power if that does not fix it, will fork out the cash for the way too small overpriced Tesla USB stick so can get them to look at it again.

I also have used a T5 initially. Same problems as with the sticks (but takes more space). And adding insult to injury, it still only keeps the last hour of video.

How hard could it be to make this configurable to set how many GB you want to keep free to always have "incident" recording space?

Reactions: Nobody Famous
I also have used a T5 initially. Same problems as with the sticks (but takes more space). And adding insult to injury, it still only keeps the last hour of video.

How hard could it be to make this configurable to set how many GB you want to keep free to always have "incident" recording space?
Well seems tesla are very busy now re-writing the code to reverse the upgrade they introduced for US cars allowing games to be played whilst driving. No time for car type issues.

My car does not get updates so I have not seen the new blind spot camera display.

If you aren't getting updates and want them. Log a service request.
Did that today after not getting it and it was pushed in under 10min.

Done that twice. no joy. My car does not have an update stuck. It just does not get updates anymore.
You’re in Melbourne - have you physically taken it in for service at any point to have that looked at?

OK sorted finally. No stuck update. New connectivity card was fitted about 6 months back to fix LTE dropouts. It came with new modem firmware preloaded which fixed the LTE issue, but it precluded the modem downloading future firmware updates! Tesla manually pushed some new modem firmware to my car and updates came back to life after 143 days. It was only at the second service request , when I told them from the get go, I would not be satisfied with a "there are no updates available to my VIN" statement, like they did last time, that they delved deeper and found the fault. Anyway all good again now and on 2021.44.25.2

Looks like it started….. guessing a UI update 😂😂
Mrs took the car today, so I can’t comment until 5pm 🤦🏻
A2BCB2B3-D30B-42FE-BF86-82237956181C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies! As I said it doesn’t display that way for me. If I could delete it I would, but it’s been quoted so I can no longer edit it.
Mods feel free to delete. I shall resize in future.
Moderators note:
The consistency of posting design and quality will depend on a number of factors including the device being used, skill level and time available to the poster. The job of the moderator is to keep the discussion civil and within the rules of TMC.
My personal opinion is that it is somewhat outside the core Moderation duties to act as graphic designer /publisher.
I do almost all my TMC duties on an iPad and I could not see an easy way to adjust the size of the picture in question in iOS; but that may be my lack of knowledge.
To make the change I had to fire up the laptop and using Edge on Win 10 allowed me to resize the picture, but I'm not going to do that often.
So if any member has the desire to become the graphic editor click the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page and volunteer to be a Moderator.
Doug and Danny are looking for new moderators all the time.

Last edited:
Moderators note:
The consistency of posting design and quality will depend on a number of factors including the device being used, skill level and time available to the poster. The job of the moderator is to keep the discussion civil and within the rules of TMC.
My personal opinion is that it is somewhat outside the core Moderation duties to act as graphic designer /publisher.
I do almost all my TMC duties on an iPad and I could not see an easy way to adjust the size of the picture in question in iOS; but that may be my lack of knowledge.
To make the change I had to fire up the laptop and using Edge on Win 10 allowed be to resize the picture, but I'm not going to do that often.
So if any member has the desire to become the graphic editor click the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page and volunteer to be a Moderator.
Doug and Danny are looking for new moderators all the time.
Nothing wrong with the current moderator, and agree this is a tesla forum not the royal australian institute for graphic design