Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sightings in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslas are becoming so common a sight in Kailua now that I'm going to try for a personal record on how many I see in a single day. Saw close to half a dozen today (and not counting the one I was driving). We'll be referring to them as Kailua Camrys before long.

BTW Nanimac, I'm not missing the mainland snow so much, but I'm suffering from 70D and autopilot deprivation at the moment.

Teslas are becoming so common a sight in Kailua now that I'm going to try for a personal record on how many I see in a single day. Saw close to half a dozen today (and not counting the one I was driving). We'll be referring to them as Kailua Camrys before long.

BTW Nanimac, I'm not missing the mainland snow so much, but I'm suffering from 70D and autopilot deprivation at the moment.

I drove out to Kualoa Ranch yesterday and was disappointed that auto steer was limited starting near the hygienic store...seems like to 35 mph..It's great on the H-3 though :smile: Here's some ocean blue Tesla eye candy for you!

image.jpeg

I drove out to Kualoa Ranch yesterday and was disappointed that auto steer was limited starting near the hygienic store...seems like to 35 mph..It's great on the H-3 though :smile: Here's some ocean blue Tesla eye candy for you!

Thanks! I have a pulse once again. Of course with the limited speed due to no centerline divider, you could speed up by pressure on the accelerator, but of course you then lose the functioning of the Traffic Aware Cruise Control that we are so fond of.

so i'm supposed to "drive" the car? you're asking too much :tongue:

I am with you nanimac, I may be sitting in the drivers seat in traffic, but, I don't drive in traffic any longer... thus traffic is not that bad any more... but am sure if i were to have my computer on my lap in traffic I would make a law enforcement officer very happy lol so for now its just the paper lol, i am kidding no laptop or no paper out...

So, I actually saw 5 Model Xs sitting at the service center on Jan. 28th, but didn't report it at the time at their request because we know how owners can get if they hear about their cars from an on-line forum before TΞSLA themselves. I also wasn't allowed to touch them, but saw the doors open and got a peek. They're not as big as I was imagining them to be, and I think they look better 'in-person' than in pictures. I can't wait to get a chance to ride in one!

Also, the reason I was even there, was I had to drop off the P90DL blue loaner as the drive unit in my Model S had failed (at 45k miles for the record).

TΞSLA has spoiled me forever. They had to order the drive unit so I had the loaner for a whole week. Really really loving the autopilot. I was all psyched about the P90D with Ludicrous mode, but at the end of it all I left the loaner longing to continue to use the auto-pilot. It's not at the point of full confidence yet in all situations, but in heavy stop-and-go traffic it is a GODSEND! Wow, this would end road rage to all of those that have to make the unfortunate trek to Ewa side in peak traffic.

I missed my car, because of all of my settings (auto-open garage, music selections already programmed into Slacker, color choices, etc.) but wow, it felt really slow after having Ludicrous power for a week, lol! How quickly jaded one can get. I gave a test ride to someone a few days back and tried to show off my acceleration and felt like, what? That can't be it! I need to win a lottery so I can upgrade my car every few years like my iPhone.

I know what you mean about the autopilot - I had the same blue P90DL the other week too and it made coming back into town from the SC in pau hana traffic actually bearable. My S was in for a couple of days for a proactive replacement of the "power switches" on the battery pack. They're also doing a proactive replacement of my drive unit, but the parts aren't in yet, and my unit is still working for now. :eek:

I hope I can get the same blue wonder again! It was seriously impressive. I was all :biggrin: when I read the monroney label in the glove box, but :confused: by the lack of power liftgate. It has everything except that!

I thought instead of making a new thread, I would revive this one...

How many Model "S" and "X" do you see in a day? I can't believe, I have counted as much as 10, and thats usually passing them going in different directions, and I am not talking going to the service center or meet ups lol, I am amazed at how many we pass on the road now, and thats just 400 of us.

also, with all these crashes and fatalities, for those with auto-pilot, have you noticed how often it ask to put hand your hand on the wheel... OMG, some people know how to ruin a good thing.