Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Centers Need to Fix Bent Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many Tesla Cars are Driving with Bent Rims? Whether it's from hitting a pot hole or driving too fast over a speed bump, there's likely hundreds of thousands of Tesla's on the road with bent rims. This is both uncomfortable and unsafe driving experience.

SO Why Doesn't The Tesla Service Center Notify Customers of Bent Rims or Provide Services too Repair Bent Rims? They will Try to overcharge you and sell you a new set of Rims, but how is that a sustainable practice? Why not Repair the Rims Instead of Replacing and Ripping of the Customer?

From my experience, Tesla Service Centers are some of the laziest and most dishonest people in the automobile business. They overcharge you for services and underdeliver on value in their repairs. Tesla needs to provide better repair services and education for their customers.

sell you a new set of Rims, but how is that a sustainable practice?
Easy answer. You bend your rims again and they sell you more. Then you bend your rims again and they sell you some more . . . Not only is that sustainable but you also get a Darwin award. Win win win. This thread belongs on Reddit.

Last edited:
I had a shimmy at high speeds so I put in a service ticket. They quoted an amount of $375 to balance the wheels. I took it to PepBoys instead and they did it for $17/wheel, so under $100. That worked, no more shimmy. But then a few months later it started happening again so I took it to a place that specializes in wheels/rims, and I assumed that one of the weights came off. They found that one had but that also 3 of the 4 rims were bent. They took care of that too. My total was still under the Tesla service quote. The best part is the specialty shop was walking distance from my house.

Reactions: CyberGus