Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service centers and dealerships now allowed in Vermont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just happened to be visiting Burlington today. Here are some pics through the windows. Chargers on the side of building are energized.

Attachments

• IMG_5774.jpeg
    IMG_5774.jpeg
    484.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5778.jpeg
    IMG_5778.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5780.jpeg
    IMG_5780.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5784.jpeg
    IMG_5784.jpeg
    397.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5785.jpeg
    IMG_5785.jpeg
    428.9 KB · Views: 31

"Lockwood said he has a contact within Tesla who told him the store in South Burlington is expected to open in mid- to late-January"
The guy quoted in the article used to be very active on TMC. I’ve met him IRL a few times. He was pretty well connected to folks at Tesla, as I recall, so I’d tend to agree with his January estimate.

Although the latest pictures show very little interior progress in the last two months; they still have a lot to do inside!

Another month has passed since my last update. Stopped by the new store today. Looks like a lot of the work is done. Just a guess but perhaps this place could be up and running within another month, maybe? Attached some photos.

Hours have been posted on the door! I will say, the showroom area of the store does seem pretty small, as you can see from my pictures. Looks like they will probably only be able to fit one car inside the showroom, maybe. With how big the building is I'm surprised that they didn't allot some more space to the showroom. Even the service waiting room seems pretty small. The space inside for service and working on the cars looks absolutely massive.

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

woohoo!!! Are we NH people able to take delivery there or still have to pick it up from NJ?
There's no tax or legal reason (unlike MA), but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes Tesla a while to figure that out.

I have bought 2 cars from VT dealers as a NH resident; no VT sales tax. One dealer was local, so I paid, went to town hall with the paperwork, registered it, and drove home with the permanent plates. The other time they sent me home with a VT temp and UPS delivered the paperwork a few days later.

Congrats to all current and future Tesla owners, Vermont finally has a Tesla service center! 🥳

The official grand opening date will be in April, exact date TBD. There is an Olive Garden, Burger King, Grocery store, and a Lowes all within a 2-minute walking distance of the SC, for anyone getting their car serviced.

I'll post some updates I scraped from the Vermont Tesla owners group, its been a good source of info:

"Apparently, Tesla has not yet received its Vermont Dealer’s License. Until that happens, new and used Teslas must continue to be delivered to Vermont customers in Paramus, New Jersey. I’m not sure what the timeframe is on receiving the license, but you can be sure that Tesla is on top of it.
The Teslas that are on the lot in South Burlington are loaner and demo vehicles. You can tell by the Tesla T on the windshields. "

"There is a Cybertruck in the Service Center right now! They will put it into the showroom after close tonight and have it tomorrow!" (Tues 3/19/2024)

"Also was advised NO BODY SHOP but I think he said either Chevy or ford were going to pick it up."

Attachments

• Cybertruck .jpg
    Cybertruck .jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 7
  • thumbnail_L1000205.jpg
    thumbnail_L1000205.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I stopped in to the new store yesterday afternoon and was able to see the CyberTruck in the showroom, sit in it, and push all the buttons. Very cool to finally see it in person.

Thanks Mike for the info regarding the body shop situation. I wanted to also add that unfortunately they also don't do Vermont State Inspections there. An employee confirmed it. He said if they did then they would have to take all non-Tesla makes and models as well and Tesla doesn't want to get into that business.