Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should have a meet up in Red Deer, not quite as nice scenery as Canmore, but more central to both Calgary and Edmonton.

Might force me to swap wheels sooner than latter, instead of waiting til Easter.
We spoke about the next meet being in Red Deer. I was anxious to try the Canmore SC which led to this meet.

Next one one in Red Deer and I would like to see @Vlad out as well. See if we can get six P85Ds out at once!

Most of my pics were similar to the ones already posted but i thought this one was cool:
Photo 2015-03-15, 13 01 36.jpg

Also here is one with footbag flying his drone - hopefully you can see the drone:

Photo 2015-03-15, 12 28 02.jpg

Should have a meet up in Red Deer, not quite as nice scenery as Canmore, but more central to both Calgary and Edmonton.

Might force me to swap wheels sooner than latter, instead of waiting til Easter.

SkiD... I bought basically the same car. would it be possible to take a picture of your car. I am getting mine soon, yet i have never seem one on picture.

thanks
you can email it of post it online here.
[email protected]

Quick and dirty picture from detailers FB page after I got it wrapped in Xpel, been waiting for spring to get the 'glamour' shots with the 21" wheels.

I will say one thing, I don't think any other Tesla colour varies as much as this one in different lighting conditions.

10863804_10152712127372339_4642019459793044401_o.jpg

Quick and dirty picture from detailers FB page after I got it wrapped in Xpel, been waiting for spring to get the 'glamour' shots with the 21" wheels.

I will say one thing, I don't think any other Tesla colour varies as much as this one in different lighting conditions.

View attachment 75015
Wow, that most looked blue. I Thought mine was pretty variable.

Thank you for posting this photo, since this is the colour that I ordered and I have seen many different colours in the various photos. It is interesting that you observe the same variation in person.

Anyway I love my color because I also really like black and this is like having a chameleon car.

My wife is still convinced your car is black. She had no clue it was blue when viewing in person (granted she spent most of her time chatting rather than looking over the cars), and was shocked when I told her it indeed was blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Great Pictures Gpetti and 3s-A-charm.. Footbag.. footage from the Drone would be awesome.

Here is the link (including some Canmore scenic video I took... cars start at 1:16)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb_NM_q3XaY&feature=youtu.be

Sadly, since this whole Drone thing is new to me, I actually didn't hit record for most of the flying time around the cars, so the footage I captured was minimal.
And again, sorry about kicking up dust... I felt less bad during the drive back, as our cars all got quite filthy with the snow/roads.

Once I get a bit more practice, I am totally up for capturing some shots of our cars on the move...

My wife is still convinced your car is black. She had no clue it was blue when viewing in person (granted she spent most of her time chatting rather than looking over the cars), and was shocked when I told her it indeed was blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the link (including some Canmore scenic video I took... cars start at 1:16)...

Sadly, since this whole Drone thing is new to me, I actually didn't hit record for most of the flying time around the cars, so the footage I captured was minimal.
And again, sorry about kicking up dust... I felt less bad during the drive back, as our cars all got quite filthy with the snow/roads.

Once I get a bit more practice, I am totally up for capturing some shots of our cars on the move...
Awesome video! Can your wife tell the color difference from the video?

Edit:
Realize my question sounds like I'm mocking her :) The reality is that the car absolutely looks black in certain lights. I think in your video, my car contrasts with 3s so you can see the color difference.

Last edited:

View attachment 75015

looks really Good. I imagine you are very happy with the Xpel film. I'll have it done as well. what color are your wheels? silver or grey.

Sadly, since this whole Drone thing is new to me,

I'm amazed at how stable the footage is and how it locks in and holds the horizon perfectly. Oh, and the scenery is pretty spectacular too! Very impressive.

(You might wish to correct Telsa to Tesla in the opening credits).

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, no problem about the dust, there was no way we were getting home without some dirt/dust; however, I had no idea how bad it was going to be. I didn't leave until nearly 5 PM and a layer of slushy ice had started to form. I was originally coming back on the 1A but it reached a point where slowing down too abruptly was making the car slither a bit and I decided that rather than testing just how good the traction/ABS/AWD was, I would opt for the highway - assuming it would at least get some plowing if necessary. Also the shortest route back for me anyway. The car had so much slush frozen to it that the cruise stopped working. Today the slush had melted off (in the garage) but what remains is just pure dirt. I might take a picture just for contrast. Fortunately my wrap shop (Refine) is taking the car in tomorrow to inspect the wrap and I'm having it detailed. Unfortunately it will probably snow again tomorrow and might be melted by the time I have to drive the car home.

Awesome video! Can your wife tell the color difference from the video?

Edit:
Realize my question sounds like I'm mocking her :) The reality is that the car absolutely looks black in certain lights. I think in your video, my car contrasts with 3s so you can see the color difference.

I just showed her the video, yes, she sees the blue! (and no I wouldn't have taken it as mocking anyway :) ).

Glad you got home safe... roads were fine for us, but twice cruise stopped working, had to pull over and pull the ice out of that spot for it to start up again.

New colours not yet on Tesla site, but the paint codes can be manually used to generate views.

paint codes
View attachment 75027

Blue
View attachment 75028

Ocean Blue

View attachment 75029

Titanium

View attachment 75030
So will they be definitely selling those?

- - - Updated - - -

I just showed her the video, yes, she sees the blue! (and no I wouldn't have taken it as mocking anyway :) ).

Glad you got home safe... roads were fine for us, but twice cruise stopped working, had to pull over and pull the ice out of that spot for it to start up again.
I pulled over but it was like someone sprayed the car with shellac, I.e would have taken 1/2 hour to clear and might have required heat or blunt force.