Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some pictures of my TESLA travelling with my Friend that purchased my TESLA.
The pictures were taken last Feb 6. 2015. These are the wells that i had installed for the Trip to Vancouver. A big shout out for TunerWorks for leasing us the Rims and Tires for a Safe drive back to Vancouver.
Tunerworks (the same one in your picture) sold me my winter tires and installed them on my wheels (got the wheels from tirerack).
I notice that your friend was getting a much higher rate of Kms from the supercharger than I was today.
i didn't sit and babysit the charging so maybe I missed it getting up to that rate but I don't think I saw anything over a number in the 400s.

- - - Updated - - -

@gpetti, I would like a summary of your charges as you do the drive back from Vancouver. I didn't even know you had issues until I read about your motor swap! Yikes. Which SC did you use? Hope or Kamloops or both?
I will post pics and other information and will probably publish my trip data somewhere too. I have some numbers from my P85+ (albeit it was slightly warmer then) that I'm going to compare too.
I went from Vancouver to Hope, then Hope to Summerland (have a place there). Used my own charger there and the next day drove to Revelstoke, charged for 1/2 hour or so, then to Golden. I used the swimming pool in Travellodge and then went for supper so the car had fully charged by the time I left. Went straight back to Calgary (27% battery left when I got home).

Spurkey,

Yes, I was really lucky, TunerWorks really saved me on this one. They contacted one of their customer that had their wheels in storage. They made us an offer we couldn't refuse. Really short time lease. Basically we had to get the TESLA to Vancouver from Calgary. I don't think it would have been possible to drive with summer (21inch) tires in early February, unless you want to die.

I thought the wheels looked pretty good and perhaps a good alternative to the 21inch wheels.
Those are BMW 6-series wheels and DAMN they look good on the Tesla!! Love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Tunerworks (the same one in your picture) sold me my winter tires and installed them on my wheels (got the wheels from tirerack).
I notice that your friend was getting a much higher rate of Kms from the supercharger than I was today.
i didn't sit and babysit the charging so maybe I missed it getting up to that rate but I don't think I saw anything over a number in the 400s.

- - - Updated - - -

I will post pics and other information and will probably publish my trip data somewhere too. I have some numbers from my P85+ (albeit it was slightly warmer then) that I'm going to compare too.
I went from Vancouver to Hope, then Hope to Summerland (have a place there). Used my own charger there and the next day drove to Revelstoke, charged for 1/2 hour or so, then to Golden. I used the swimming pool in Travellodge and then went for supper so the car had fully charged by the time I left. Went straight back to Calgary (27% battery left when I got home).
Good to know you can do the straight-shot from Golden to Calgary - likely OK the other way too even though you are going uphill most of the way. This makes Canmore "nice to have" but not necessary. Thank you!

Good to know you can do the straight-shot from Golden to Calgary - likely OK the other way too even though you are going uphill most of the way. This makes Canmore "nice to have" but not necessary. Thank you!

I respectfully disagree :). Canmore is still necessary for us Edmonton folks. As gracious as you have been loaning out your charger, my wife isn't up for sitting in a garage for a couple of hours to charge up, just to get to the mountains (or Vancouver) LOL. And alternatively, if all of us Edmonton folk have to charge at your place, and take you out for dinner to pass the time, I'm afraid to say you may not stay looking so sharp in your suit ;-)

I respectfully disagree :). Canmore is still necessary for us Edmonton folks. As gracious as you have been loaning out your charger, my wife isn't up for sitting in a garage for a couple of hours to charge up, just to get to the mountains (or Vancouver) LOL. And alternatively, if all of us Edmonton folk have to charge at your place, and take you out for dinner to pass the time, I'm afraid to say you may not stay looking so sharp in your suit ;-)
Well at some point (this year??) you'll have a Calgary charger too but nonetheless Canmore is a great safety valve, particularly in the winter. The weather was so mild for my drive that it might as well have been a cool summer day, almost. Presumably in deep cold with snowy roads and slow traffic, it will be good to be able to use Canmore on the way home to make sure we have enough juice to Calgary and even on the way out to maximize the available Kms to brave the mountain passes. Another strategy might be to stop in Canmore on the way out - have breakfast or something and then drive to Revelstoke - only stopping at Golden if the range is not where you want it. So many options!

LOL!

On another note, this had me in stitches! (Pun kind of intended)

Kidney on Kijiji Kidney | other | City of Toronto | Kijiji

Just in in casrle the ad is ever removed... It's advertising a Kidney for sale for $240,000 and the description says;

22 Year old kidney up for sale.
I need to get a Tesla and it's come down to this.

Only selling one as I need the other one to live.

How exciting! Seems we can start planning another meetup soon!
Absolutely gpetti!

We have a trip to Disneyland with the kids in the second half of April so the first or second week should be good for us. I will post more info once we receive the car. Electrician is coming tomorrow, we are cutting it kind of close....

I wish we could talk the cars location like you can with UPS or Fedex. Now I wish I had t booked flights to Anaheim. That would be a fun road trip! Next time.

Hopefully we will start up a local owners group though this may not mean anything more than occasional meet ups.

Should I wait until i get my car! however, i would really like to meet up!

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully we will start up a local owners group though this may not mean anything more than occasional meet ups.

Should I wait until i get my car! however, i would really like to meet up!

Will find out tonight if we are doing the Canmore trip Sat & Sun (I'm trying to convince the wife that her students _really_ don't want their report card marks next week)! Even if she can't get away, I'm pretty eager (though it will be a long day of driving on Sunday, at least it is driving this amazing car!!)
Thankfully, no more Calgary charging for me... even in winter, Red Deer to Canmore should be easy.
If I am just doing a Sunday road trip, I'm totally up for meeting in Calgary and going as a group to the SC (and/or returning as a group)

Well you could join us anyway - assuming we are getting together. @3s-a-charm, are you still up for this? @footbag, presumably you would need to charge in Calgary enroute? I also have an HPWC if we were to meet at my place (I'm on the West side).
I'll join in when our car gets here. It may come on the same truck as In2oil's. We are expecting it the week of the 23, although I'm ready for it now!

Hey, great to hear there is some interest! I propose lunch at the Iron Goat restaurant on the north side of Canmore either before or after a charge at the new Supercharger - wouldn't it be cool to have a photo of it full of Teslas? :)

I think I will leave around 10am or so - planning to walk Main Street a bit with the family - maybe we meet around noon at the charger and do a late lunch before heading back?

Maybe I'll slip on the summer tires?

The Iron Goat Pub & Grill, 703 Benchlands Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 3G9

Hey, great to hear there is some interest! I propose lunch at the Iron Goat restaurant on the north side of Canmore either before or after a charge at the new Supercharger - wouldn't it be cool to have a photo of it full of Teslas? :)

I think I will leave around 10am or so - planning to walk Main Street a bit with the family - maybe we meet around noon at the charger and do a late lunch before heading back?

Maybe I'll slip on the summer tires?

The Iron Goat Pub & Grill, 703 Benchlands Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 3G9
sounds like a plan

I'll join in when our car gets here. It may come on the same truck as In2oil's. We are expecting it the week of the 23, although I'm ready for it now!

I might wait until I get my car as well, yet I am really tempted to see your teslas. Please don't mind if I do!

I think m1ker is right, our delivery should be in or around the 23rd. On my tesla site, it's still shows in transit from Fremont.