Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3s would love to come over and check out your car, charger and wash system! I just yesterday confirmed the order of my 3kw solar install so am fully ramped up on how to geek out :) could i drop by with the boys? They would be excited to see your car too. PM me your address if you like, if you recall am in sunnyside.

Thanks, chris

Congrats, m1ker! Blue looks so good. I like those wheels too - great compromise from the 21" harsh-ride I'm using now.

I'm around this Sunday if anyone is bored and wants to have a BEvERage in my garage and geek out LOL. I ordered a waterless car wash kit from Costco and it works pretty good. My paint is already so messed up after 1 month of car washes... :(

Anyways... let me know about Sunday.

Hey 3s-a-charm, I'd love to come by and meet up, but my wife asked me to wait until ours arrives. We haven't seen a physical Tesla yet, so our will be the first. But once we have it I'd love to drop by and meet the Calgary owners. The HPWC we are installing will be set to run at a trickle of 30A and 240V. I think the Leaf charger we already have will deliver more juice. Long story short, I'd like to try your charger to get a feel for a higher rate of charge.

We we will most likely eventually remove the Leaf EVSE and add those 30A to the Tesla HPWC to bring it up to 60A. Still not the max, but better, and the best we can do with our 100A service I the house. My wife suggested we move, and I like the way she is thinking.

Have a great weekend.

P.S. I opted for the slight upgrade on rims, instead of 21" wheels. I figured I'd go for the slightly better range. My brother in law has the 21" wheel market cornered on all of his vehicles, so I'm good with the 19s. The car does look nice in pictures! Paperwork is now signed, next big step is a wire transfer of epic proportions.

Hey 3s-a-charm, I'd love to come by and meet up, but my wife asked me to wait until ours arrives. We haven't seen a physical Tesla yet, so our will be the first. But once we have it I'd love to drop by and meet the Calgary owners. The HPWC we are installing will be set to run at a trickle of 30A and 240V. I think the Leaf charger we already have will deliver more juice. Long story short, I'd like to try your charger to get a feel for a higher rate of charge.

We we will most likely eventually remove the Leaf EVSE and add those 30A to the Tesla HPWC to bring it up to 60A. Still not the max, but better, and the best we can do with our 100A service I the house. My wife suggested we move, and I like the way she is thinking.

Have a great weekend.

P.S. I opted for the slight upgrade on rims, instead of 21" wheels. I figured I'd go for the slightly better range. My brother in law has the 21" wheel market cornered on all of his vehicles, so I'm good with the 19s. The car does look nice in pictures! Paperwork is now signed, next big step is a wire transfer of epic proportions.

m1ker, I got the 19 inch rims as well. I really would love the 21'' but the multiple potholes and bumps in Calgary caused the practical side of me to win out. It wasn't long ago that 19'' rims were considered "exotic" and I think they look great still. Did you end up using the electrician "Mic" at All Electric as well? He's finishing up my HPWC installation Monday. Happy with him so far. How did you get him to trickle charge it at 30A? Does the HPWC have a setting? Thanks.

m1ker, I got the 19 inch rims as well. I really would love the 21'' but the multiple potholes and bumps in Calgary caused the practical side of me to win out. It wasn't long ago that 19'' rims were considered "exotic" and I think they look great still. Did you end up using the electrician "Mic" at All Electric as well? He's finishing up my HPWC installation Monday. Happy with him so far. How did you get him to trickle charge it at 30A? Does the HPWC have a setting? Thanks.

Yes, we are using Mic. The HPWC has internal dip switches that allow it to accept 40A, 50A, 60A, 70A, 80A, 90A, or 100A breaker size. So my plan is to have a wire run that could handle up to 80A, and we will wire it to a 40A breaker for now with a plug. I'm going to request a lower profile service cutoff switch though. I noticed the one on our AIr Conditioner outside and its a nice compact little box.

PM/email sent[/QUOTE

finally, my tesla is being built! The statue changed the status today! I am expection delivery by late March! I sure hope so.

Awesome. Yet another Albertan Tesla.... they need to open that Calgary Service Centre already! We should all write emails or something asking to fast track the Calgary Service Centre so our cars don't have to be shipped off to Vancouver (see what happened to gpetti) when they need something more major looked at. Anyone know how to create an online petition?

Awesome. Yet another Albertan Tesla.... they need to open that Calgary Service Centre already! We should all write emails or something asking to fast track the Calgary Service Centre so our cars don't have to be shipped off to Vancouver (see what happened to gpetti) when they need something more major looked at. Anyone know how to create an online petition?

Can't wait to get my car. Yes, a TESLA service center would be pretty awesome and convenient. I agree, not having to get our cars shipped to Vancouver when an important part replacement is required really suck
I wonder how many TESLA model S are in Calgary, It is interesting that even though some P85 owners replaced their TESLA for a NEW one, the previously enjoyed TESLA in most cases left the province and fails to add to the number of car on the road in Calgary or Alberta. I really love seeing a TESLA on the road. unfortunate is it a very rare sight.

Something interesting about my NEW TESLA,, if you pay attention to the last 5 digits.. there is exactly 70,000 cars produced since my initial TESLA was made. Cool coincident or did TESLA do this on purpose? OLD car had 06842 my NEW 76842.. Check it out.

I miss driving my TESLA.

tesla start of production.png

Yes, a TESLA service center would be pretty awesome and convenient. I agree, not having to get our cars shipped to Vancouver when an important part replacement is required really suck
I wonder how many TESLA model S are in Calgary

Something to remember is that a Calgary service centre is not only critical to Calgary owners; It would also cover the rest of Alberta and likely Saskatchewan as well. (I know I would rather make the drive to Calgary than all the way to Vancouver). I'd gladly sign a petition.

Something interesting about my NEW TESLA,, if you pay attention to the last 5 digits.. there is exactly 70,000 cars produced since my initial TESLA was made. Cool coincident or did TESLA do this on purpose? OLD car had 06842 my NEW 76842.. Check it out.
That's amazing! You are going to LOVE the "D" - especially in winter (not that we had much of one this year)!

Yet!

congrats in2oil!
I'm in Summerland BC right now. First leg of my journey complete no warning messages touch wood. Loved the drive so far and loved my first supercharger visit.

@gpetti, I would like a summary of your charges as you do the drive back from Vancouver. I didn't even know you had issues until I read about your motor swap! Yikes. Which SC did you use? Hope or Kamloops or both?

Yet!

congrats in2oil!
I'm in Summerland BC right now. First leg of my journey complete no warning messages touch wood. Loved the drive so far and loved my first supercharger visit.

Congrats for getting your TESLA back. I am sure Mark looked after you very well. Did TESLA pay for your flight back to Vancouver since they save the transporation cost back to cowtown. I was entertaining driving back from Vancouver as well, (when my Car arrives for delivery) however it your break my heart to have a stone chip even before I get it home and wrapped. So I'll have it transported to my house. it is so exiting!
Sweet... I never used a Supercharger! Awesome, I am so jealous. I am planning on travelling to Kelowna this weekend to Sparkling Hills with my ICE , obvioulsly. I am crossing my fingers i'll get my TESLA at the end of the month. Can't wait.

Drive safe. FYI, there is a car show on Thursday this week. if you are interested perhaps i could see you there. I'll get more info and tell you more about it. Most likely ICE car show!

Here are some pictures of my TESLA travelling with my Friend that purchased my TESLA.
The pictures were taken last Feb 6. 2015. These are the wells that i had installed for the Trip to Vancouver. A big shout out for TunerWorks
tunerworks.jpg
for leasing us the Rims and Tires for a Safe drive back to Vancouver.
tesla at supercharger2.jpg
tesla at supercharger.jpg
teslacharging rate.png

Here are some pictures of my TESLA travelling with my Friend that purchased my TESLA.
The pictures were taken last Feb 6. 2015. These are the wells that i had installed for the Trip to Vancouver. A big shout out for TunerWorks for leasing us the Rims and Tires for a Safe drive back to Vancouver.
...they *leased* you a set of rims & tires!? I didn't know that was possible, that explains the centre caps. ;) Cool choice for caliper colour, where did you have that done? Did they have any trouble getting the caliper decals or did you have to provide those?

...they *leased* you a set of rims & tires!? I didn't know that was possible, that explains the centre caps. ;) Cool choice for caliper colour, where did you have that done? Did they have any trouble getting the caliper decals or did you have to provide those?

Spurkey,

I am happy to read to like to color. I really do like it as well. Being that they were black prior to painting them, it sure makes it really cool. The color is the Gecko green. it is the same color (exact) as the Jeep Wrangle 2013. I went to a paint store that mixed the color for me. Then sanded down the Brake caliper and prepped the car for painting. Took me about 3hrs all set and done. The paint is heat resistant as well. The decal, that was easy, went to little rock documents and sent them a PDF of the TESLA logos and letters and they transferred to a vinyl. Cost me only 30 dollars. IT is heat resistant as well.

Yes, I was really lucky, TunerWorks really saved me on this one. They contacted one of their customer that had their wheels in storage. They made us an offer we couldn't refuse. Really short time lease. Basically we had to get the TESLA to Vancouver from Calgary. I don't think it would have been possible to drive with summer (21inch) tires in early February, unless you want to die.

I thought the wheels looked pretty good and perhaps a good alternative to the 21inch wheels.

I went to a paint store that mixed the color for me. Then sanded down the Brake caliper and prepped the car for painting. Took me about 3hrs all set and done. The paint is heat resistant as well.
Did you spray it on or brush it on? I bought one of the G2 Caliper Paint kits which was a brush-on application, I'm not really happy with how it turned out because it didn't go on smoothly. I suspect my garage was a bit too cold even though I waited until May (last year) to do it, stupid Edmonton weather... It's an epoxy paint so it's gonna be hard to remove, I'll need a power sander or a spinning wire brush or something. Did you hand-sand your calipers?