Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to bite the bullet and create a separate thread for the Alberta Tesla Owners Club. ...

If you are going to stick with Alberta Tesla Owners Club as the name of the club and as the name of the thread, I'd like to see an apostrophe after "owners" in the thread title. Extra, out-of-place, or missing apostrophes bother me. The Oatmeal has a good explanation of how to use apostrophes, and this falls under "Is it indicating possession?" roughly one screen down. The Oatmeal's example reads, "The soldiers' rifles were no match ...", and if I'm not mistaken, the "owners'" in "Alberta Tesla Owners' Club" similarly indicates possession (in this case, of the club) and therefore would like an apostrophe.

As an addendum to this, I noticed in the Tesla paperwork that it asks for the number of Owner Members and then the number of "Fan Members"

Fan members will, in all likelihood, eventually be owners, so it's good to see Tesla is encouraging fan participation even in owners' clubs.

If you are going to stick with Alberta Tesla Owners Club as the name of the club and as the name of the thread, I'd like to see an apostrophe after "owners" in the thread title. Extra, out-of-place, or missing apostrophes bother me. The Oatmeal has a good explanation of how to use apostrophes, and this falls under "Is it indicating possession?" roughly one screen down. The Oatmeal's example reads, "The soldiers' rifles were no match ...", and if I'm not mistaken, the "owners'" in "Alberta Tesla Owners' Club" similarly indicates possession (in this case, of the club) and therefore would like an apostrophe.
It we're going to be pedantic, I'm not sure I agree. The club is full of multiple owners, so the plural is appropriate, but do they own the club or are they simply within it. I'm not certain possession is correct.

It we're going to be pedantic, I'm not sure I agree. The club is full of multiple owners, so the plural is appropriate, but do they own the club or are they simply within it. I'm not certain possession is correct.
i'm also not sure if this should have an apostrophe. My intent was that this is a club called "Alberta Owners" , not a club that belongs to Alberta owners.

Well, my first significant issue with my car. It refuses to charge. The other day the charge port started acting up... opening when it was closed... then staying closed but having the car tell me it was open. Charging was unaffected the first night. Today the 2 screens got involved (a short video shows how they very briefly both try to tell me the charge port door is open). When I went to plug in tonight, no dice. No lights, and the port won't accept the charger. Called Tesla Service, but they couldn't do anything remotely. It looks like I am without a car this weekend, and looks like I'm going to get an early taste of the new increased Ranger fee next week if Vancouver can get someone to me to fix the issue (assuming Vancouver can't fix it remotely, will see if I can connect with them tomorrow).

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the last of the Xpel put on today so I'm finally ready for the "Deerfoot 500". :smile:
IMG_4271.JPG

Also had my first Ranger visit to fix the front right LED daytime running light. Interesting to know that the light is a sealed unit. You have to replace all of it even if only one bulb (LED) burns out.

Last edited:
Had the last of the Xpel put on today so I'm finally ready for the "Deerfoot 500". :smile:
View attachment 103242

Also had my first Ranger visit to fix the front right LED daytime running light. Interesting to know that the light is a sealed unit. You have to replace all of it even if only one bulb burns out.

are you the owner of the very rare silver P85D...
Yes, expel is a must. I did the whole car. The only way to go! Are you having the work done at refine, these guys are the best.

Well, my first significant issue with my car. It refuses to charge. The other day the charge port started acting up... opening when it was closed... then staying closed but having the car tell me it was open. Charging was unaffected the first night. Today the 2 screens got involved (a short video shows how they very briefly both try to tell me the charge port door is open). When I went to plug in tonight, no dice. No lights, and the port won't accept the charger. Called Tesla Service, but they couldn't do anything remotely. It looks like I am without a car this weekend, and looks like I'm going to get an early taste of the new increased Ranger fee next week if Vancouver can get someone to me to fix the issue (assuming Vancouver can't fix it remotely, will see if I can connect with them tomorrow).

Check this thread. Cleaning the port and cable ends might help. It did for this person.
Charge-port-cable-connector-cleaning

Last edited by a moderator:
You can post an honest, unaffiliated recommendation for a service provider or product, and the moderators won't say boo.

On the other hand, astroturfing will get you turfed. The moderators are pretty good at sussing that out (actually they're usually rather ham-fisted). Companies cannot promote their wares on this forum unless they are sponsors, and sponsors have to behave within certain limits. The policy is pinned at the top of the Site Feedback section.

Well, I am able to charge again. Vancouver sent over a photo as a guide late this afternoon... of how to press a lever in the trunk to disengage the pin lock of the charge port. Oddly, I didn't have to move the pin much at all, just a little nudge and it opened up on its own. With the pin lock out of the way, I could charge fine. I tried removing the cable and reinserting it several times... but each time required me to nudge the lever. I charged up a bit, and headed to a family event.

Prior to getting me the picture, Vancouver also rescheduled the ranger who was in Edmonton, so he would head home Saturday instead of Friday. A part (presumably replacement charge port) was overnighted here, and the ranger should be installing it tomorrow. It is great that after the initial conversation, they decided to make allowances to assist me, it is just too bad they didn't address the initial call in a way that suggested this might be an option... being told I would be the cause of the ranger missing his flight to help me is only making me feel worse about the situation (and as a customer, perhaps I don't care what he misses as he does his job to assist customers...). If only they could have gotten me instructions on this lever ahead of time (and it is a bit odd that Tesla Service 1800# wouldn't have known to suggest this last night when I called). I had even asked Vancouver to explain it over the phone, but he insisted it would be best handled with photos (sent 5+ hours later). With the workaround, I would have been fine waiting a bit for the part to be replaced.

And of course when I got home just now, the charge port just worked, no touching the lever needed, and thus, the ranger visit is even less needed. I likely do have a failing charge port, so getting it replaced is may still be prudent.

So last weekend my family heard all about the fun of 'range anxiety'. This weekend they hear about me having to miss (actually just be late since I ultimately was able to charge) family events since my car broke and won't charge. Not much chance of me getting a referral out of family any time soon lol.

IMG_6123.jpg
This is the lever that moves the lock pin of the charger. This piece is accessible through the trunk. In my car, there was a little carpet piece that quite obviously is removable (velcro). The opening is a touch smaller than the part in the picture... you see the orange plastic easily enough, but the lever is ever so slightly 'out of sight', but still quite easy to get to with your fingers.

Thanks Footbag for posting your experience and the workaround fix here. This is good information to know for when something simple like this happens to the rest of us owners. Until now, I had no idea there was a little hole to access the locking mechanism of the charge port. Perhaps the service centre people weren't sure if they were allowed to divulge this information out of safety concern (such as people getting shocked from the battery through the charge port, I am not an electrical engineer so I'm only guessing). Anyhow, your photos and description are of great help to us all.

Thank you! that's great detail to know! Had I known about the locking pin override I would have used it a week ago when I had problems plugging in, in my case waiting 20 minutes and trying again solved it, but for that time there was no way you could physically get a cord in and I was starting to get worried!
Out of curiosity, someone previously said there's also a way from that same access panel of pushing the charge port open when it gets stuck, anyone know where that is? I looked and I just don't see anything.