Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well given this needs to be done by December 7th and I only have a couple of names, I'm thinking that either we abandon a group initiative (people can still do their own video clip if they want) or just do something simple and generic like the example below. I realize now that we don't have the actual video footage anyway but maybe a static image like this is good enough. This was only done as an example so if anyone has something a bit classier in mind, feel free to run with it.

View attachment 103490
LOVE IT!!!

Just saw the following come in via email... posting in case any Edmonton owners don't get the email for some reason:
Greetings Edmonton Area Owners!

I am reaching out with information regarding the recently announced Seat Belt Inspection Recall for your Model S.

First of all, thank you for your patience while we assembled all these moving pieces. We are working with 2 local business’ who have been kind enough to offer their locations to us for the purpose of performing these inspections, all you need to do is stop by and look for the pop-up TESLA canopy:

· Monday December 14[SUP]th[/SUP]. Auto Obsessed located at 9635 63 Ave NW, Edmonton. 10:30am – 6pm
· Tuesday December 15[SUP]th[/SUP]. Tirecraft Ellerslie located at 9504 12 Ave SW, Edmonton. 9am – 6pm

The Inspector who will be on site is from a company called AIM. They have been contracted by Tesla to help perform these inspections and have been instrumental thus far in the process across North America. The inspection itself only takes a few minutes and since it is not a trained Tesla Technician, the Recall Inspection will be the only service provided. Any other service related requests will need to be scheduled for a different date/time.

If the dates/locations above cannot be accommodated, we will be sending out technicians in the New Year to catch up with those who were missed.

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Kind Regards,

Mark Lidstone | Service Manager

As far as I know, EVAA only has a Facebook and Twitter presence. They're hard to find via search, and there's no clear way of contacting them and certainly no single good place to find information about them. So I've created what one could call a "draft" website for them which, if it pans out, will end up being all these things and more. The problem is, I don't know who to contact about it since I can't find contact information for these folks. Do any of you have an email address for an EVAA president/representative/member?
(P.S. I'm not on social networking, so I can't contact anybody that way.)

AD9R5903.jpg
A couple of months later, I finally had a chance to play with this image from our Thanksgiving meet-up in Calgary. Apologies to the owner. All royalties back to you. :frown:

Interesting results from my recent energy usage test. Running an empty car vs a car full with 6 of us and a Thule box on top full of luggage. Interesting results. The impact was in the ballpark of what I expected.

http://youtu.be/GUraHdj-AJU

As far as I know, EVAA only has a Facebook and Twitter presence. They're hard to find via search, and there's no clear way of contacting them and certainly no single good place to find information about them. So I've created what one could call a "draft" website for them which, if it pans out, will end up being all these things and more. The problem is, I don't know who to contact about it since I can't find contact information for these folks. Do any of you have an email address for an EVAA president/representative/member?
(P.S. I'm not on social networking, so I can't contact anybody that way.)

PM sent

Here is the employee appreciation video with our slide included. It is playing in various places at the factory.
Apparently the soundtrack was changed for posting online presumably for copyright reasons. Looks like "omarsultan" who put this together could have done the text banner for us but either way the message is there. Maybe next year we can organize sending something from the Alberta club.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15429101/Tesla%20Employee%20Video%20-%20EXT.m4v

I know a few of us here were likely getting the Ludicrous upgrade. I have been on the fence about it myself. This review is pushing me much more towards getting it... posting it here in case it wasn't noticed elsewhere on TMC. If only the Calgary service center magically opened as a New Years/Christmas gift to us all, and could do the upgrade lol.
I jus