Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, that was meant to be either Calgary or Alberta, assuming if we called it Calgary that maybe there would be an Edmonton thread too. Given our (still) small numbers maybe Alberta is best until such time as we might feel that there is enough city specific content to warrant separate threads. Mayhemm is welcome to contribute too as I think it will be a while before there is a thread for his neck of the woods :)
No worries. I understand there are over 50 owners in Alberta but not necessarily active on this forum. There seems to more participation from Calgary owners so this thread is just fine IMHO

I just ordered my P85D today! It's been killing me waiting but I wanted to order it on my birthday and today's the day! I'm asking for delivery in April.

.I do not want to drive my new TESLA in the snow.

This was exactly my thinking when I ordered my Model S last year. Great minds think alike, I guess.:wink:

I'm guessing we are getting a Tesla store soon. He told me the Calgary servic centre is in the works and probably will be ready by summer.

Take that with a grain of salt. We were hearing a similar message at this time last year.

Sorry, that was meant to be either Calgary or Alberta, assuming if we called it Calgary that maybe there would be an Edmonton thread too. Given our (still) small numbers maybe Alberta is best until such time as we might feel that there is enough city specific content to warrant separate threads. Mayhemm is welcome to contribute too as I think it will be a while before there is a thread for his neck of the woods :)

Gee, thanks. Though you know I would have barged in anyway. :wink:

Hi,
I think that Han Chen may be ordering and M1ker and possibly Internet Dude. I know another owner who is about to pick up an S85D from Vancouver (Saturday) but he hasn't really posted here yet.

Now now, don't be so quick to claim InternetDude. We need every owner we can get here in SK. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shall I change the thread name to "Any Tesla Owners in Alberta?"???

I'm not sure what the standard is or if there is a precedent but
Maybe something like Tesla Owners in Alberta or Thread for Alberta Tesla Owners?

If you prefer we could create a new thread. I just thought the thread had become more of a general area for Alberta owners to share local information though I guess there might be other ways to handle this?

@green1 - are you a former/current Model S owner? Are you planning on buying a D? Looking for other D owners in Calgary - I know @gpetti will be one.
I'm in Calgary, but I am, as of yet, sans-Tesla.

My current timeline is to hopefully pick up an S85D in about a year and a half (with some luck I'll save a couple thousand used, though obviously only a year old) Though on those time frames anything can happen.

I just ordered my P85D today! It's been killing me waiting but I wanted to order it on my birthday and today's the day! I'm asking for delivery in April.

Thanks for texting me your purchase dude. I've done nothing but think about buying a P85D since then lol. Next thing I know I am on this Tesla forum and seriously thinking about transferring my Model X reservation and just getting the P85D. Lol.

Did anyone else ordering a car recently in Alberta notice that the Vehicle Purchase Agreement has 5504 1A Street SW Unit #3 Calgary as the Tesla Motors Canada address? Has this been the case always/for quite some time?

I believe Kulu has done a number of model S deliveries for Tesla in Calgary in the past. Kulu deals with a lot of high end cars in Calgary so I guess it makes some sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for texting me your purchase dude. I've done nothing but think about buying a P85D since then lol. Next thing I know I am on this Tesla forum and seriously thinking about transferring my Model X reservation and just getting the P85D. Lol.

Do it. You're the one that got me seriously considering a MS to begin with. I was set for an E63 before you showed me your MX reservation.

I say McMuggets and babstude both need to change their Model X reservations and get a D! :)

Good to see more Model S' in Calgary/area. I'll bet a large number of us are in black cars by the sounds of things (even the dark blue looks black more often than not). Not sure why we always suffer through black cars (this is my fourth in a row) because this city is so dirty/dusty 80% of the year. When black is clean it can't be beat, though, and for me I drive clients around often so want that classy look too. If it weren't for that... I would have ordered red for sure! Maybe one day I'll replace my convertible with a red roadster :)

I say McMuggets and babstude both need to change their Model X reservations and get a D! :)

personally I don't want the D - I could care less about the AWD; I'd like to have the X due to the extra seats and extra space .. don't get me wrong - I LOVE the model S though; if I had lots of money my garage would have the MS and the MX :love:

Last edited:
Did anyone else ordering a car recently in Alberta notice that the Vehicle Purchase Agreement has 5504 1A Street SW Unit #3 Calgary as the Tesla Motors Canada address? Has this been the case always/for quite some time?
Yes it was that way for me 9 months ago when I bought mine. By weird coincidence I was using tuner works to swap my wheels and refine auto to do my wrap. Unbeknownst to me these two places are in the same building as Kulu. Anyway I've talked to the guy at Kulu and they don't seem to have any involvement now so I guess the address is just leftover as the only Calgary address they had.

Got my P85D today. Wonderful experience and super delivery driver. He had a blue P85D that the SC surprised him with that he had to still take to Calgary (he arrived there under the impression it was just my car he was hauling). Not sure if it is someone's here, but it was great to see another D. Also nifty was that it was raised in the trailer, so I got to walk under it and check out the bottom of the car... nothing earth shattering, but a view I wouldn't normally have. Will likely post some thoughts about the car tomorrow in the main P85D thread.

Got my P85D today. Wonderful experience and super delivery driver. He had a blue P85D that the SC surprised him with that he had to still take to Calgary (he arrived there under the impression it was just my car he was hauling). Not sure if it is someone's here, but it was great to see another D. Also nifty was that it was raised in the trailer, so I got to walk under it and check out the bottom of the car... nothing earth shattering, but a view I wouldn't normally have. Will likely post some thoughts about the car tomorrow in the main P85D thread.
Congrats. I don't think anyone else on this forum is ordering blue, though I could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

If you really want to acheive neutrality at its best, How about. Tesla enthusiasts of Alberta.!
Yeah I thought about that after. I guess technically I'm not an owner right now either. I guess so long as the content is interesting to non owners it will aurely still attract any interested Albertans.

Congratulations ! Hope to see you around town. Any special license plate I should be looking for ?