Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still saying end of December - I told them I'm only in town Dec 24-29 and they said they can make it during this time. It's the 15th today and I just went "into production" so we'll see! I have a hard time believing a car can go into production, delivered/prepped within 10-14 days. Seeing is believing? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Electrician didn't put a cut-off switch on my HPWC; presumably since it is only 3 feet from the panel. Haven't had it inspected yet.
I believe that is okay as the "shut off" would be in an obvious location due to the panel being so close. I believe the code does call for a locking breaker though so may want to double check that the breaker they install can be locked in the off position (I believe). Congrats on getting your garage ready so soon!

I believe that is okay as the "shut off" would be in an obvious location due to the panel being so close. I believe the code does call for a locking breaker though so may want to double check that the breaker they install can be locked in the off position (I believe). Congrats on getting your garage ready so soon!

Ha! I would have had it done in summer 2013 but the main electrician in town never got back to me with a quote and wouldn't respond to my voicemails. I waited as long as I could and then hired a different company that we'd never dealt with before. Was a bit nervous about that, but they gave me a quote and seemed to do okay work.

Fingers crossed that Santa drops a big present in your garage this year!

Ha! I would have had it done in summer 2013 but the main electrician in town never got back to me with a quote and wouldn't respond to my voicemails. I waited as long as I could and then hired a different company that we'd never dealt with before. Was a bit nervous about that, but they gave me a quote and seemed to do okay work.

Fingers crossed that Santa drops a big present in your garage this year!
Sucks when you get a bad tradesperson (this is a common occurrence in Calgary). I had a great electrician who was just Elias excited about my new Tesla as I was! If you are upgrading your garage I highly recommend Mic from allelectric.ca as he was great.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty exciting 3s-a-charm, can't wait to hear all about it!
Thank you. I will post photos ASAP. In Mexico on vacation now - hopefully coming back to accept delivery of my new car. Turning 40 this April - does this count as a mid-life crisis car? Or would I have to have a 2-seater to qualify? :)

Turning 40 this April - does this count as a mid-life crisis car? Or would I have to have a 2-seater to qualify? :)
You have a 2 seater, it just happens to have 3 more behind that, and optionally another 2 behind those...

I knew someone who bought a PT cruiser as an obvious mid-life crisis car (he painted flames on the side even!) so to each their own.

I'm trying to decide if 37 or 38 (by the time I get a Tesla) is too early to count as mid-life crisis or not?

@green1 - are you a former/current Model S owner? Are you planning on buying a D? Looking for other D owners in Calgary - I know @gpetti will be one.
Hi,
I think that Han Chen may be ordering and M1ker and possibly Internet Dude. I know another owner who is about to pick up an S85D from Vancouver (Saturday) but he hasn't really posted here yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if we shouldn't have this thread re-named to something like Thread for Calgary/Alberta owners? It has become a great place to share anything Calgary related and for that matter some Edmonton owners stop here too. Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if we shouldn't have this thread re-named to something like Thread for Calgary/Alberta owners? It has become a great place to share anything Calgary related and for that matter some Edmonton owners stop here too. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Count one Edmontonian in favor.

I will be ordering a new P85D very soon.. I have my car nearly sold.. I should have the deal finalized in the coming days. I will be taking delivery of my new P85D at the end of March to early April. I do not want to drive my new TESLA in the snow. On another note, did anyone see the pictures i posted from the construction site for the TESLA Supercharger in Canmore. It looks like perhap another couple of three weeks and it should be up and running.

I will be ordering a new P85D very soon.. I have my car nearly sold.. I should have the deal finalized in the coming days. I will be taking delivery of my new P85D at the end of March to early April. I do not want to drive my new TESLA in the snow. On another note, did anyone see the pictures i posted from the construction site for the TESLA Supercharger in Canmore. It looks like perhap another couple of three weeks and it should be up and running.

Congrats. Good to hear your P85 is nearly sold. Did you keep it at Kula? I'm hoping that I'll finally get mine around the time the canmore one opens.

Looks like there will be a few new Teslas on Alberta roads in March. I'm looking forward to making use of all of our new superchargers. In January, I expect we will have the HPWC shipped and I'll have the electrician out to get all set up.

I had a chance of talk to Chris from the Vancouver store and I guess he is moving to Calgary in the new year to take care of all the Calgary (I assume all of Alberta) owners. I'm guessing we are getting a Tesla store soon. He told me the Calgary servic centre is in the works and probably will be ready by summer.

Yes, the car is still at Kulu and unsold at the moment. I am told that the deal should be finalized shortly? I hope this won't Junx it.. The demand for the p85 , imp is really sold since the p85d was introduced. When your ca comes in., I would really like to see it. I don't plan on traveling to Vancouver to check it out. However I would really like to check out the upgraded seats. And perhaps check out the few news features. The nice thing about getting your d in the next year, your tesla will be labelled a 2015. I think this is quite convenient for future resale value.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a chance of talk to Chris from the Vancouver store and I guess he is moving to Calgary in the new year to take care of all the Calgary (I assume all of Alberta) owners. I'm guessing we are getting a Tesla store soon. He told me the Calgary servic centre is in the works and probably will be ready by summer.

Is it chris bishop? I think it will be quite good for the brand to opera sales center here in Calgary.

IDK - how about just ALBERTA owners.:wink:

Sorry, that was meant to be either Calgary or Alberta, assuming if we called it Calgary that maybe there would be an Edmonton thread too. Given our (still) small numbers maybe Alberta is best until such time as we might feel that there is enough city specific content to warrant separate threads. Mayhemm is welcome to contribute too as I think it will be a while before there is a thread for his neck of the woods :)