Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving home after a particularly bad day, stopped at McD drive through (yes, that bad)

Him: Wow look at that screen! What kind of car is this?
Me: It's a Tesla. It's an electric car.
Him: (calling co-workers over) See that guys - he's got a flat screen in there!
(whoops and whistles ensue)
Him: Let me hear it!
Me: There's nothing to hear - no engine
Him: Nah man, what do you mean no engine?
Me: Okay, listen carefully...
(I stomp on the pedal and disappear from the drive-through)

Suddenly, my day was better. Thank you Tesla Motors!

Well, I witnessed someone else's Tesla moment from my Model S today. I was sitting at a stoplight waiting for my light to turn green. I suddenly hear this INCREDIBLY loud roar from a Porsche Cayman (I think? It was a small Porsche) on the opposite side of the intersection. As I turn my head to look over to see what the commotion was about, a shiny black P85D catches my eye and it absolutely smoked the Porsche in the adjacent lane from the light without making a fuss. I had to laugh out loud, it was pretty funny.

I think I have a video of it from my dash cam...

Last edited:
Mini-moment yesterday. I was being introduced to a relatively new person in another department. The person making the introduction said "You've probably heard his name before." I was thinking "because I've been here forever and my team works on everything." Then the new guy said "Oh yeah, you're the guy with the Tesla, right?"

Mini-moment yesterday. I was being introduced to a relatively new person in another department. The person making the introduction said "You've probably heard his name before." I was thinking "because I've been here forever and my team works on everything." Then the new guy said "Oh yeah, you're the guy with the Tesla, right?"
I can think of a few other reasons your name could be known. Lol!

I had an interesting moment on 301 earlier this week heading to MA. I was in the right lane, doing just a little over the limit. A biker on a chopper was passing me on the left, kind of slowly. I look over and see he's checking out the car the entire time, then as he clears the front bumper he looks back to see what it is, presumably. He must have realized, or just appreciated how beautiful a car it is, because he then looked up at me and gave me a nod of approval, and sped off!

I can think of a few other reasons your name could be known. Lol!

I had an interesting moment on 301 earlier this week heading to MA. I was in the right lane, doing just a little over the limit. A biker on a chopper was passing me on the left, kind of slowly. I look over and see he's checking out the car the entire time, then as he clears the front bumper he looks back to see what it is, presumably. He must have realized, or just appreciated how beautiful a car it is, because he then looked up at me and gave me a nod of approval, and sped off!

How do you know he was checking out the car and not the driver?

I was at the bf's family's for a high school graduation party for twins (great niece and nephew) yesterday in Duxbury, MA. I spent most of the time in my car, giving test drives and showing all the usual fun stuff. Surprisingly, they said they haven't seen any locally. Given the area, I found that odd, but it was fun having the car garner so much enthusiasm! It was the hit of the party!

I had a different kind of Tesla moment yesterday. After giving my visiting brother and ten-year old nephew a short ride in the car (with two insane launches) that produced the usual reactions, we returned to find my sister-in-law standing in the garage. She loved the Tesla and thought it was incredible looking but got a curious look on her face after examining the rear of the car. She asked me why it said "Modell's" on the back. Modell's as in the discount sporting goods store.

It took me a moment to figure out that she was referring to the "Model S" badging.

I had a different kind of Tesla moment yesterday. After giving my visiting brother and ten-year old nephew a short ride in the car (with two insane launches) that produced the usual reactions, we returned to find my sister-in-law standing in the garage. She loved the Tesla and thought it was incredible looking but got a curious look on her face after examining the rear of the car. She asked me why it said "Modell's" on the back. Modell's as in the discount sporting goods store.

It took me a moment to figure out that she was referring to the "Model S" badging.

She's gotta go to Mo's and now she's gotta get a Tesla.

So, first I wanted to say that I read this thread front to back after the 70D was announced to convince myself that I really did want to make the plunge and join in the fun. I ordered a few days later and took delivery roughly two weeks ago, and today I finally had my first Tesla Moment I did not create myself, so I can finally contribute to the thread.

It was actually at the tag office because I got the paperwork from California finally, so I could register the car here in Georgia. (They still can't sell directly here for another month or so.) In the parking lot, I had the guy asking me how far I could get, and what I thought of it. He had taken a test drive a few months ago and loved it, and told me how good looking it was. Atlanta is a very large market for EV's and there are a lot of Tesla's here, but not really in my corner of suburbia.

I then went inside and got up to the counter and the clerks already knew I was the Tesla because they saw it through the windows. Even said "He couldn't even come in for five minutes because he was stopped outside." They had never seen the color either (one of them had seen the old blue) and were remarking about it.

I'm not good at spotting people checking out the car when I'm driving - I THINK I saw a camera flash when I was at a stoplight once, but not much more than that. Can't wait to have more moments that I don't create myself (i.e. showing friends and family the car for the first time.)

This isn't exactly a "Tesla moment", but it made me grin nevertheless.

I was at a computer networking conference today (Open Networking Summit in Santa Clara, CA), listening to a speaker talk about these new-fangled Software Defined Networks and how you really need to architect your network to use this technology optimally / correctly. If you don't, he said, "It's like buying a Tesla, cutting a hole in the bottom, and driving it like Fred Flintstone."

We had a Tesla moment the other day. We went shopping at Citti Grossmarkt in Flensburg. We left the car in the charging stall (provided for free) and did our shopping. When we came back a middle-aged couple was waiting for us by the car.

They told us they had been waiting for 10 minutes because they really wanted to ask questions about the car from an actual owner. We answered everything from range, to the classic: "how do you charge it?" Gave them the tour of the insides, after 30 minutes we parted ways and I have the firm feeling that their BMW 645 will be sold of as soon as they can get a Tesla.

Btw, why do people always ask where/how we charge the car? We have a house, it has these things called power-sockets and magic electricity flows from them. It's not like people ask me how I charge my new phone. ;)

I just now gave a testimony in court. Here's the parking outside the courthouse, seems lawyers and judges like blue Teslas :)

0f600497b76458a4ca13f481e44d2f30.jpg

(Mine in the foreground is a classic P85, to my left an 85D in behind a P85D).

Last edited: