Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On top of that jump starting another car will very likely blow the 50 amp fuse between the terminals and your battery. Then if you need a jump you will be out of luck.

On top of that I would not risk it because of the 12v battery problems. If Tesla finds out you attempted to jump an ICE (which is very likely) they would likely void your 12v warranty.

Moderator, why has this thread shifted to jump-starting????

Clerk: Do you enjoy your Aston Martin?
Me: My what?
Clerk: I saw you outside when I came in that's a big screen in your car.
Me: No, it's Tesla, and yes its great.
Clerk: A what?
Heh, I haven't had that one. I've had the "Who makes Tesla?" several times.

What's extra funny to me about your exchange is I'm the reverse of the clerk. I'd never heard of Aston Martin before looking into Tesla. I only heard about Aston Martin at that point because people talked about similarities in style with Tesla.

Have electrician visit my garage to tell him I need some wiring done. He asks and I say I need to have a high-power wall charger wired from the panel with 80 amps because I'm getting an electric car. He asks what kind and when I say, "A Tesla", he pauses... puts his hand on my back and calls me "his hero". :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

my american beauty became yesterday one year!
Partytime!:smile:
View attachment 64477

Holy smokes... you're putting me to shame - I don't even go to that kind of effort for my own kids birthday parties!

At the DMV today getting ready to sell my old car.

Clerk: Do you enjoy your Aston Martin?
Me: My what?
Clerk: I saw you outside when I came in that's a big screen in your car.
Me: No, it's Tesla, and yes its great.
Clerk: A what?
I guess not knowing what a Tesla is is better than thinking it is a car is made somewhere other than the United States.

Neighbor's brother, who worked for GM for 35 years: How come you are parking your Lexus on the driveway now?
Me: I got a new car that is taking its' space in the garage. Want to see it?
Neighbor's brother: Yeah, sure!
<we walk into the garage>
Neighbor's brother: I know what this is! It's...a Tesla!
Me: Yep
Neighbor's brother: Why on earth would you buy a car made in India?
Me: :mad:

I guess not knowing what a Tesla is is better than thinking it is a car is made somewhere other than the United States.

Neighbor's brother, who worked for GM for 35 years: How come you are parking your Lexus on the driveway now?
Me: I got a new car that is taking its' space in the garage. Want to see it?
Neighbor's brother: Yeah, sure!
<we walk into the garage>
Neighbor's brother: I know what this is! It's...a Tesla!
Me: Yep
Neighbor's brother: Why on earth would you buy a car made in India?
Me: :mad:

Maybe he is confusing it with Jaguar which is now owned by Tata (indian car manufacturer). There are visual similarities......

I had a nice -un-Tesla moment last week. I've had my Tesla for 9 months now, and I do not miss having to pull over at gas stations at all.

Last Friday however, I had to drive a VW Passat for one trip (don't ask). On the way back, I pulled over at a gas station, put the nozzle in, and - without thinking - went inside to drink a cup of coffee while - um - charging.

If it would't have been for a guy at another pump yelling "Where are you going? You must stay by the car while fueling!", I probably would have enjoyed my coffee, walked back to the car, put the nozzle back, and driven off without paying, Just like at the SuperCharger... .

I had a nice -un-Tesla moment last week. I've had my Tesla for 9 months now, and I do not miss having to pull over at gas stations at all.

Last Friday however, I had to drive a VW Passat for one trip (don't ask). On the way back, I pulled over at a gas station, put the nozzle in, and - without thinking - went inside to drink a cup of coffee while - um - charging.

If it would't have been for a guy at another pump yelling "Where are you going? You must stay by the car while fueling!", I probably would have enjoyed my coffee, walked back to the car, put the nozzle back, and driven off without paying, Just like at the SuperCharger... .
Why do you have to stay by the car while fueling? In the U.S. we commonly start fueling and the walk into the building to use the toilet or buy a coffee or whatever. The pump shuts off when the tank is full and we take the nozzle out when we get back to the car.

Why do you have to stay by the car while fueling? In the U.S. we commonly start fueling and the walk into the building to use the toilet or buy a coffee or whatever. The pump shuts off when the tank is full and we take the nozzle out when we get back to the car.

Not allowed here. In fact, in some states (like MA) there are no latches on self-serve pumps, and you're not allowed to prop anything in there to keep it pumping.